Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

White Spots??? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Question....The white spots I read about...Are they actually on your nipples or the aereola?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile faronsmom
|

replied July 29th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Where did you read *white spots*??

Just curious
|

replied July 29th, 2005
Montgomery something or another?
|

replied July 29th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Montgomery glands

i looked it up

white spots around nipples on areloas. Do not pop them, look like pimples. I remember having them after child birth a few years later.
|

replied July 29th, 2005
Thanks fatfamily02. Let me run something by you and see what you think...If you don't mind. About 3 weeks ago my breasts started to grow...Slightly tender but nothing to get riled up about, then nipples became slightly tender and sensitive...Not so much now (only if u push on them), had some bloating, big appetite. Af due 8/1 and about 5 days ago I started barely spotting pink slimy stuff, next day more red but not alot, next day more heavy spotting and reddish brown, not enough to fill a pad but frequent (nothing like a period flow), next day slowed down only every hour or so and still reddish, today almost nothing, just a spot maybe twice today all day. My breasts are still larger (left one way more than right) and my left nipple is much darker and has some white spots not bumps. I am not sure if this is just uneven coloration or what but I did not ever notice that before. I have put on 5 lbs in the last week which I am sure is from the appetite. I have had 3 very restless night where I just can't fall asleep....What do you think? I did a hpt this morning and got a negative. Very frustrating and confusing..Any advice will be helpful...Thanks....Jamie
|

replied August 8th, 2005
I have to tell you that everything you wrote about I have experienced too in the last 2 weeks!!! My breasts are sore, got very plump and tender, I felt bloated and had "strange" crampy-like feelings in my lower abdomen and I could just sense something was very different. I started to get very nauseated a couple days after the believed conception date. Just this morning I noticed the "white spots" on my nipples as well!! It looks very weird!!! I took a home pregnancy test on saturday (even though I was spotting) and it came out negative....I noticed some the next day (sunday)...Not enough to fill a pad though for both days though. I am usually a heavy bleeder.... I've read that I should test again a week later just incase I am pregnant. I've also read on other internet postings that others have experienced bleeding and have had negative home pregnancy tests but were in fact pregnant and further along than they have believed!!! So yes, our stories sound extremely similar!!! I feel your confusion!!! Let me know what you end up finding out if you are pregnant or not or if it's just our hormones playing tricks on us!!!
|

replied August 8th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Ive heard a lot of them talking about those lite period, spotting and then nothing say it could be implantation bleeding and it usuall happens right before your expected period, or right during, some even right after expected mensus.

I never had that, and lots of them say sometime within the flow they also mention brown blood,, which means old blood. Which could just mean takes a little longer to come out. Or could be from last cycle, or even from something else.

Good luck both of you
|

replied August 8th, 2005
Well, cherylgail, I know how confused you feel. Me too!! I have had no other show of a normal af since the light bleeding. I did a hpt on the 3rd with a negative result. Af was due 8/1 so I was sure it would give me a positive. I have been getting very frequent headaches now...Almost everyday. I haven't gotten nauseas...Just a wierd kinda lightheaded feeling...Just strange. I can't tell if my smell has heightened or I am just more aware of it now....I thought I would test again around the 11th or so and if I get a negative then I guess I will either wait out the next af or go to the doc...I am about due for my yearly anyways...Sept I think. Keep me updated on your condition...Email me...We'll be confused together....Good luck...Baby dust to you!!
|

replied July 14th, 2007
I noticed some white spots on my nipples and areola in the bath just now and so googled it and came up with your conversation. I'm intrigued now as I seem to be going through similar things.

Basically, since last saturday I have been so so bloated, and have been having stomach cramps which is quite unusual for me. I have been really tired, and battle to go to sleep early enough. I have also had a runny tummy for a couple days this week as well. Nothing too serious though. I have not been feeling completely right either as have felt a little nauseus and did bring it up a little but nothing projectile! My smell has heightened as well. My breasts have been really tender for the last 2 weeks now, and then this morning I noticed the white spots.

I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on this. Other things to consider are that I am on anti-biotics for tonsillitus, I do suffer from thrush which seems to keep coming back, even though it's been treated. And I have just recently changed my contraceptive pill (on 2nd pack now). I thought these symptoms were just from the new pill, and started my period 3 days ago, which is much heavier than usual. And to be completely frank to get an honest reply from you, I did have unprotected sex about 3 weeks ago. Idon't think I'm pregnant as I'm having my period and it's so heavy, but you never know! Not sure if this changes anything, but just to plead my case correctly to cut out all unsure things!

Please send me your thoughts. thanks
|

replied July 14th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
well
im 18 weeks 1 day and i didnt start to get those glands until recently
|

replied July 15th, 2007
Okay, well I did a home pregnancy test yesterday afternooon, and it came back negative. How trustworthy are these tests? Also, as I mentioned before I am having my period at the moment - will that affect the result? Should I test again in a couple days, go to the doctor or jst leave it at that?
|

replied July 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
this post is almost 2 years old .
|

User Profile
replied September 15th, 2008
pregnant?
i have done 4 home pregnancy test ranging in price from cheap to a clear blue digital, all came up possitive. i went to the doctor who got me to do a urine sample this came back possitive(thought the doctor said it was a weak possitive). he then got me to do a blood test and told me it was negative?..... i still havent had a period, for the last 2 months i have had slight spots of blood when i have been due on but thats it. I have sore boobs which seem to be getting huge, i also get tiny little white dots on my nipples. has anyone else had this happen, as i feel pregnant but now confused as blood test came back negative. please pm me.
|

replied October 27th, 2009
faulse negatives keep hope x
just to say quickly that i have had 3 kids who r 8, 7 , and 6 in january, i also have white spots on my nipples that are a bit itchy, they are all around the nipple area and very tiny and whitish?, I also dnt know what this is, im suspecting thrush? but just wanted to say that with my first child, i had regular periods every 32 days which was long but was regular and i got back from my honneymoon and had been trying for 2 weeks, no period and all negative tests until i was 43 days since my last peiod and it was then i got a positive test result with a hpt, so i sent a test by the doc and was convinced it would be possitive and guttingly it was nt, i could nt belive it so sent my partner down to the chemist and did another 2 hpt's and both possitive, he was born april 26 2001, and i had been preg all along, moral of long winded story is you can have a faulse negative but not a faulse positive!, im no expert just going on what i know, lots of love Debbie, mum of three hoping to be mum of four in the next 12 months??? xx
|

replied March 15th, 2010
help
i also had a period when i was pregnant with my first child so any type of bleeding certainly doesnt mean u r not pregnant. but what i want to know is what do these white spots around the nipples mean? i cant remember this with my first child and i am late for my period and have done a test which came back negative? confused???!
|

replied May 27th, 2010
pregnancy?
well im kinda in the same boat.. well here it goes. i have been feeling weird for the past 2 weeks or so and i feel sick and my boobs hurt here and there. i also had cramps a little too and feeling extremy tired oh and also i felt bloated. i told a pregnancy test and it was negative but it was like almost a week before my period was due. then i toke another test and it was faint positive 4 days before my period. i started this weird period 4 days before my period was supposed to start and it started out with slight cramps and a little bleeding more like spotting. then the next day it got a little more heavy but not to bad and it had a lot of brown stuff in it and i was cramping a little more. then the next day it was light. and now its at the end of the 3rd day of my weird period and now its almost done with still brown stuff in it. i just looked at my boobs and there is like white pimples around my nipples{sorry tmi}. what do you think it is? im i pregnant do you think? i feel pregnant still and i have this gut feeling i am. i really need someone to help me please..
|

replied May 28th, 2010
hi katie,
i'm going into my 10th week of pregnancy at the moment. i took a test after being 9 days late for my period and it came back positive. as i've had no morning sickness i thought it may have been a mistake. last week i took another test and again it came back positive. i've had a lot of tenderness in the breast and have already increased a cup size. one thing i was always told is that taking a test and getting a negative can be a false negative as you may have taken the test a little too early for hormone levels to increase, however you cannot get a false positive. i would make an appointment with your doctor. the bleeding you talk about can just be implanting, which is when the embrio burrows itself in the womb to make sure it is attatched and safe.
|

replied July 23rd, 2010
pregnant???
hi im currently going thru the same confusing state! here goes... me and my hubby have been trying for a baby for over 2 yrs and no luck ... except i had my last full period in april i say full period coz since then ive had a few days here and there where ive had slight spotting and brown discharge... ive done loads of tests but all come bk negative and we r currently going thru fertility tests with docs... i have a scan on the 28th to check for polysistic ovaries which im hoping comes bk fine but i have had symptons like feeling sick but not being sick, bloated most days and i feel different in myself and very emotional... but ive noticed the lst few days my nipples are rli sore and have white dots?? rli confused as never noticed this before... hope some1 can help me Smile laura x
|

replied August 16th, 2010
not even three three weeks ago i was having really bad abdominal pain. So i went to the emergency room, the doctor said he gave me a pregnancy test and and he said it came back negative. As of yesterday, i started having really sore nipples. Today I noticed, little white speckles on both nipples. And periodically like once a day, sometimes more, i have a really sharp pain, almost like getting stabbed, in my lower abdomen and/or lower back. i'm really curious to know what it is. Oh, my menstrual cycle use to come like every 8th-10th day of the month. But as of the past two months i've gotten it on the 26th. isn't that strange?? can someone explain?
|

replied August 17th, 2010
negative tests but still think i am pregnant
okay so i have been going through a similar situation as everybody else here. for almost 2 months now i have not been feeling like myself. I started what i thought was my period June 30th but it was much lighter than normal...i am usually very regular and quite heavy.Also i had very mild cramping during my period...normally only first day and intense, and they continued for a few weeks after. I was also feeling heavy or bloated in my lower abdomen. I went to the doc and he immediately suspected i was pregnant, so did the blood serum test, which was neg. I waited a little longer but then i started to feel sick everyday and very tired. I went back to the doc thinking that the last test was done to early. He didn't do another pregnancy test but sent me for an ultrasound...with no results. My next "period" again was not my normal cycle. It had a lot of dark brown blood in it and a clot that kind of reminded me of a deflated balloon. Since then my boobs have been getting sore and they have white spots on my nipples(showed up about a week before my last period an have remained)also the veins are more visible. I also have to pee so many times a day...like right now! In the last 3 days i took a home pregnancy every day. the first and last test looked like they might be positive... very very faint, but the one in the middle was defiantly negative. I don't know what to do! I really think i am pregnant but am not getting any positive results. I swear people are staring to think i am crazy or making it up. Any thoughts?
|