Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Feeling Hopeless

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Anhyone ever feel so bad at times that they are sure theyre never gonna get better and theyre gonna feel that way forever . And when I feel real bad like that im positive im losinmg my mind and imagine myself in a mental hospital forever
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2005
Experienced User
Ya dont worry, alot of ppl feel like that. More then you think, it is natural too feel this way. Did something bad happen to you in the past or just recently. There are many reasons that could cause this disturbing feeling and its up to you to make it go away. Sometimess its hard but just try and focus on somethinng nice or good you have coming to you. Think about the future, the future can be a dark place if you want it too. But it can also be a light and the brightet thing to happen to you. Just depends on how you look at it.
|

replied July 29th, 2005
Re: Feeling Hopeless
hypochondriac1028 wrote:
anhyone ever feel so bad at times that they are sure theyre never gonna get better and theyre gonna feel that way forever . And when I feel real bad like that im positive im losinmg my mind and imagine myself in a mental hospital forever

i feel like that alot too. The days that you are feeling like this just say to yourself that it will pass and tomorrow you will feel better. Tell your mind to feel better and it will. Just remember that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You will get there. I lightbulb will go off in your head and you will be okay
|

replied July 30th, 2005
Hello,

i agree that alot of people do feel this way. And with good reason.

However, I don't agree that it's normal.

With all the insanity going on in the world, I think that fear, confusion and depression are appropriate responses.

But we weren't meant to feel this way, any more than we are meant to live such insane lifestyles.

At some point, generally, each one of us reaches a point where we are no longer willing to go on suffering. We feel the overwhelming need to get help for ourselves and to help others.

Until that point we can expect more of the same.

The help we need is never isolated. It always requires a courageous look at all aspects of our lives.

We are complex organisms made up of systems that are all meant to work symbiotically.

To feel good and function well we need to address any pathologies that exist for us in the following areas
mentally
physically
emotionally
socially
etc.

Start out by naming the biggest obstacle facing you and make it your mission to get help dismantling it.

Brutal honesty is required.
We must ask ourselves what we've been getting out of this obstacle.
Then we must ask, are we ready to give it up?
|