Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Implantation Bleeding Or Period? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Alright. I've been having some spotting which is brown/red in color which usually fills one normal pad a day. My period is supposed to be at the end of this week but my spotting started 7 days ago. Today it is very very light. I was wondering if this could be implantation bleeding, my period or something else. I had sex with my boyfriend at the beginning of the month during my previous period with a condom used correctly. I am so confused as to what may be going on, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 26th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Ive heard brownish blood is **old blood ** from your last period or from an injury with intercourse, sharp fingernails while being f***ered: if you know what I mean.?? Could have been just trapped in there since last time. Now, I have read on here many woman who are pregnant or think they are have had the brownish blood maybe if its implantation bleeding, if it takes longer to come down, or takes longer to come out.--**old blood**

i do know you can get pregnant at almost anytime in your cycle--even while having your period, not likely but possible. You also said you used condom. Well, most likely not preg though, I would think
|

replied July 29th, 2005
Alright. My spotting or bleeding stopped that day but now I have abdominal cramps below my belly button. The cramps really hurt when I sit down. My period is suppose to come around today but these cramps do not feel like period cramps at all. Anyone know what could be up?
|

replied August 5th, 2005
Does implantation occur a few days after conception or on the day ur period is due :?: ?
|

replied August 5th, 2005
Experienced User
Usually implantation bleeding occurs around the time you suppose to have your period. That's why it's so confusing for us .
|

replied August 5th, 2005
Pls I Need Help
My name is lateefah.I had my last period on the 6 of july and it ended on the 8 of july.I was expectn my period 4 the month of aug which was due to come on the 2nd of aug but did not come.I had s** with my husband o the 4th and I noticed some very liht and brownish or som kind of fait reddish colour after,i was scared if I lost the pregnancy or am not at all,cos all the test I av done,1 was faintly positive and the othe was neg.Am yet to av the blood test,nut after seein' the bglood am so scared.Pls I need ur urgent response.Though the blood has been few and it is half of the seta lines pad.Pls I need ur help. :? :cry:
|

replied August 5th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Implantation usually 10 to 14 days from conception. Which on 28 day cycle would be right around when period is due or a few days be4.

I never had the implantation bleeding with any child I carried to term. I did however have a full blown period the first month of my pregnancy, on a miscarriage of 4 1/2 months along.
|

replied August 5th, 2005
Implantation Bleeding
I had implantation bleeding during the week before my period was supposed to come on.Just very light spotting and then I bled a little more ,but no quite a period.Did cramp a lot and then the blood went back to very light again for about 4 days.The pg test may not come out positive at first because of hcg levels not that high yet.You may want to seriously get a blood test at the docs to make sure if you are pg that all is well with you and the baby. Some women just mistake impl.Bleeding for a abnormal period,but at that time ,it is already 2 weeks after conception and 4 weeks after you last normal period.
|
Users who thank ellebe for this post: jessobento 

replied April 25th, 2009
implantation bleeding
Hi

i had some bleeding on the 19 of this month i just keep thinking that it is my period but i was supposed to be on yesterday and yet again no signe. I havent done a test coz i am scared to find out if i am i am only 17 plz some 1 give me some advice if u can thanks xxx
|

replied April 28th, 2009
implantation bleeding...
TO ANSWER THE ABOVE PLEA!!!!
ok...first of all...relax. Sweetie,let me give u some valid facts!
Implantation bleeding occurs on AVERAGE 9 days after fertlization, on other basis it occurs 7-14 days after. If your period is due afterwards and hasn't shown there is a big chance u r preggerz...then again u might not be due to the fact that sometimes sex can cause irregulaities in menstration. In your case howev. u have bled and "missed ur period". to c how all this happened go to TEENWIRE.COM there is a section on it in green that says "DO" it gives u an animated timeline and process from sex to pregnancy and its clear cut-its called HOW PREGNANCY HAPPENS-ITS A CARTOON BY THE WAY! as for u bing 17- it isnt like old days wher u get preg early and you r stuck at home and left back in society- u can always continue ur education with discipline thr r all sorts of programs..DEVRY, LINCOLN TECH., ITT-maybe even some local ones...find a local one even- visit a teen center whr u can get financial help etc. of course u'll get the mombo jumbo from ur family but let them know uve got this. and thr r even younger ppl thn u...im 16 almost 17 and as i type..i might be having implantation bleeding! GOODLUCK!!!
|
Users who thank DMILR for this post: jehovahownjesus 

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2011
question what does this sound like to you just need opions k. had a miscarriage December 28th bleed up until January 6th.Haven't had a period or something like it til this very march i did spot for almost 10 days.. then yesterday i woke up and had maroon discharge so i took a pregnancy test it was negative could be early idk.later on that day I had sum regular blood then it stop'd all together.. now today i have a little bit of pink brown .. not that your a doctor or you for sure know but need an opioion my Tmi i know but my nipples are sore or little sensitive.. naesua when i wake up idk if its all in my head but yeah anything helps
|

replied May 9th, 2009
Implantation or period?
I had bleeding that exact day my period would have started, and it followed a very similar pattern, only the slightest bit lighter. If anything, it lasted a day longer than my period usually does, and on the last day i had bleeding that sounded similar to implantation bleeding; light brown stringy in clear mucous like stuff that was very light (but being near the end of my suspected period I guess that part would make sense). I used a tampon instead of a pad, so it's hard for me to know exactly what it looked like, other than the color appearing the same. I also had strange mild cramping from around the time of my ovulation all the way through to when I started bleeding. So I mainly was just curious if anyone who ended up being pregnant had implantation bleeding so similar to the period as mine? and advice would be appreciated, thanks!
|

replied August 6th, 2009
i need advice..2day in da morning i had some brownish blood but it was just spots, everytime i have my period 98% of the time it is always heavy. So that concerned and i'm not supposed to have my period until next wk from 2day. Also i do have unprotected sex with my boyfriend almost everyday...i know my chances of getting pregnant are high but why would i get spots of blood??
|

replied August 30th, 2009
ok well i was supposed to start my period on the 28th and i had unprotected sex abou t 3 weeks ago.. ive been feeling very nauses ever since then like my mouth would start to water as if i were going to be sick.. ne ways.. so on the 24th i woke up in the middle of the night because i felt nausous and i went to the bathroom and when i wiped it was a very light pink.. so then on the next day i used a tampon and it was bright red.. but still not a lot of blood. then the third day it was more of a brown but only when i wiped.. becuase i had a pad on and nothing was showing up... well i took 2 preg test from the dollar store and both were neg.. but normally my peridos are heavy dark redish brown.. so i find this a little weird.. is this implantaion bleeding??
|

replied November 24th, 2009
please help me. i had bleeding 3 days after i had sex with my bf (oct16)it went on for about 9days then stoppd, im suppose to have my period last week but upto now i still havent got it,my last period was 2nd wk of sept. could there be a possibility that im pregnant? i was wondering of the bleeding on oct16 if it was just implantation bleeding. im having several signs of pregnancy like the mood swings and and temp flushes, i believe that a linea nigra is also forming on the bottom part of my belly, im also having skin discolorations around the nose bridge and im craving for sum foods, sometimes i get discusted with some food to the exent that id go on without eating the whole day..i didnt try yet to have a pregnancy test. im really hoping im pregnant. thanks.
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2010
Okay so I started having brown spots on a Wednesday night, 3 days before my period was supposed to start. Then Thursday and Friday it was heavier then stopped. Then I started getting brown spots (not heavy).
Usually my periods are 5-6 days, Start heavy (I don't normally spot) then light the 6th day.
I have pregnancy symptoms, lower back pain (which I rarely ever have), I have to get 13 hours of sleep to not feel tired (lol, that's a lot of nap time haha) and I cried over my Farmville on facebook (emotions are goin' crazy on me lol).
So I'm very confused, and don't know when to take pregnancy test!
|

replied January 24th, 2010
Wishfulthinker27: I would wait a week then test. It's not unusual to have an early cycle, but since this was irregular, from everything I've researched, it could be implantation bleeding. I just went throught the same thing and supposed to start my cycle today. I'm never early. I already have 2 boys, and this is the first time I've had the brown spotting. Mine wasn't heavy at all. I've been told I can take a hp test today...but it could still come up negative being so soon. Best bet is to wait a few more days. If you are really worried, go see your doctor to have a blood test done. Good luck & lots of baby dust to you! Smile
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2010
Implantation or early period??
My last period was on the 31st of december. It usually lasts about 6-7 days. I am expecting my next period to be around the first of february because i have about a 24-28 day cycle. Just today, the 25th of January, I had a little bit of pink discharge. For any normal period, I would just kind of..Start bleeding... I am not experiencing any cramping, but have been waking up sick to my stomach the past couple days. I also feel really drousy, but maybe that is because of the weather.?? I have been moody lately, my boyfriend thinks i am really snappy at times. Any opinions/Advice?
|

replied January 28th, 2010
Pleeaaassseee help!
Okay, so I have been sexually active since around October/November of 2009. I occasionally had unprotected sex and then my boyfriend would pull out to ejaculate. But it took him another minute to come. Well, we had a scare until the middle of December when I got my period. And it was a normal period, not light at all. Actually, quite heavy. Anyway, we promised each other we wouldn't risk that method again...but we did. And at the beginning of January I had light spotting, and I was really scared. So I took a pregnancy test when I was supposed to and it came out negative. I started my regular period on January 27th, 2010 and it's back to normal except it is a tiny tiny bit lighter. But usually what happens is it is light for one month then heavy the next time my cycle comes around. Also, I've had my period for about 2 and 3/4 years now and it's still irregular. I don't have any pregnancy symptoms at all except for that spotting at the begining of January, and my breasts hurt a little bit. But it isn't excruciating. Please someone give me some answers haha. I really hope I'm not preg. Sad
|

replied January 28th, 2010
IMO, sounds like you are sticking to your normal cycles of heavy/light. It's always possible to get pg with unprotected sex. If you are still worried about it, go to the doc's and ask for a blood test, to know for sure. Doesn't sound like you are though, if you have your AF.
|

replied February 8th, 2010
Hi, I am 22 year old girl. On usual basis, my cycle is 29-33 days. I am married only since last 2 months.
For my last cycle my 1st day was on 22nd January, 2010. After passing 10 or 11 days after my periods, We had intercourse on 1st of february.At that time I was not aware about the timings of fertilisation during the month.Recently, I read somewhere that the time we had sex was infact the time of fertility, so I started to drink full of herbs to get my periods regularly. However,on night 6th of february, I saw some blood on my undergarment,subsequently, I am feeling abdominal pain nowadays whenever we perform intercourse. Along with this bleeding has been continued to flow in my panty, once in a day. Bleeding is a kind of red but I have seen some clots in the blood.
|
12 >>