Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

I Can Feel My Heart Beat Everywhere

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
I just recently noticed that I can feel my heart beataround my nose, in my finger tips, on my neck sometimes, on my head. I can see it on my stomach, pulsating up and down, and the same with on the arms, opposite side of the elbow.

Is this normal to just realize out of nowhere? It's been going on for a lil more than a week now. I've also been having tingly, achey, and sometimes stingy, feelings in my legs and arms.

Thanks for the help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 26th, 2005
Also,
-kidney pains off and on stingy/sometimes achey
-chest pains off and on
the left part of my stomach specifically
|

replied July 26th, 2005
Experienced User
There are probably a lot of factors that could be causing you to feel it all over your body.

*overweight- your body has to work harder.
*i'm not certain but maybe high blood pressure.
*you have different pressure points that you can feel your pulse from. Like in your neck, wrist, upper arm, inner thigh ect.

If your physically active! I know when I work out I can feel my heart beat throughout my entire body.

If your so concerned I would ask your doctor to make sure it is ok!
|

replied July 26th, 2005
The thing that is scary, is how had my stomach pumps. I can see it through my shirt pretty much anytime. I heard of problems with the aoritc artery to cause this, are there other symptoms I should look for if it would be that?

My heart beat also fluxuates between about 55-about 95.

Just tryin to think of what could be causing this outta nowhere
|

replied September 26th, 2007
Hi
i get this all the time look at anxiety or stress
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
Pulse heartbeat in forearm and elbow
I'm a female, 52, I got the pulse too in my left forearm and elbow, am I stressed, hum, like you wouldn't believe, stress is my middle name. Lately, I have become very active, and yes I am overweight too. I just realized it feels like my heart is beating in my arm, it comes and goes, and it's been consuming me the last few days. I went to the the doctor, he took my blood pressure, it's slightly high. He said it will go away!!! I'm praying it goes away soon.

Can anyone else relate, help or any idea's what I should do or what causes this?

Did you have it and did it go away after a while?

What did you do to get rid of it?
|

replied February 15th, 2011
Heartbeat Felt Throughout Body
I have very similar symptoms: strong heartbeat felt in different parts of my body along with a stinginess/tingliness in my skin in different places and a heaviness in my legs. Did any of you who have commented ever get a diagnosis? Are you still alive Smile?
|

replied April 19th, 2011
There is a condition with heaviness in the legs Peripheral Artery Disease not that you have it but I would go the doctor and tell him to check you in you are concerned.
|

replied February 16th, 2011
the same symptoms
I have the same symptoms. I feel the pulses in my head, back,fingertips,chest, everywhere. i have told my doctor but he doesnt do anything, i am so stressed out because i cant find no results. This been occuring for about a year, I have gotten echos, ct scan, and everything comes out normal. I also feel a heaviness in bottom part of the throat. sometimes i feel light headed and its just a horrible feeling. I ve been checking my blood pressure and the bottom number is always high like 100 or 95. I dont know what that could be. I also feel my heart like a palpitation and its scary. I have an appointment this week and tell him and for him to do alot of xrays on me. I need some answers.
|

replied April 19th, 2011
re:
I would definitely see about the blood pressure 95/100 is quite high and I think that it really could cause those feelings. Also don't rule out stress and anxiety, I get an array of symptoms from that alone. Good luck.
|

replied January 6th, 2012
I would change my doctor until you find someone who will listen to you! See if you can get a TEE done. They are suppose to be more accurate.
|

replied April 14th, 2012
can you some updates?i m having the exact same thing..sighhh
|

replied April 14th, 2012
can you some updates?i m having the exact same thing..sighhh
|

replied July 29th, 2011
anxiety
i can normally feel my heart everywhere, i do suffer from anxiety and i think that is the cause. (i hope). the tingling and everything is from my anxiety so they say. ive been to the ER three times thinking im dying, get x-rays, ECG and blood work and it all comes out normal. it absolutely sucks to live with without medication but ive had it for three years and im still breathing so it could be worse. as for the person that said their doctor didnt do anything, i had the same issue until i saw a different doctor who helped me a lot. i was put on anti-depressants to treat anxiety and it worked great. nobody wants to be on medication but hey its better then the alterative. cheers
|

replied April 1st, 2012
I can feel myheart beat.
I recommend that you go to your local healthfood store to get information about what can help your symptoms. I use to go to the doctor all the time and nothing wrong was found. I suffer from slightly elevated blood pressure. The medicine never kept it at a normal level. I stopped the medicine because it was making me sick and I could not function. I am now on magnesium (heart), chromium (heart and diabetes), vitamin c (colds), fish oil capsuls (cholesterol), garlic (high blood pressure), and calsium with magneseum and zinc. I also take mega food vitamins from the health food store. They are all food vitamins that are better absorbed into the body than most vitamins. 2-4 stalks of celery throughout the day is good for lowering blood pressure. Usually when I feel my heartbeat, it means that my blood pressure is a little high. When I think of all the money I would be spending with the doctor, I don't worry about what I pay for my nutrients because they really do help me. As far as stopping blood pressure medicine, I would recommend that anyone do so only with the guidance of a physician.
|

replied July 29th, 2011
anxiety
i can normally feel my heart everywhere, i do suffer from anxiety and i think that is the cause. (i hope). the tingling and everything is from my anxiety so they say. ive been to the ER three times thinking im dying, get x-rays, ECG and blood work and it all comes out normal. it absolutely sucks to live with without medication but ive had it for three years and im still breathing so it could be worse. as for the person that said their doctor didnt do anything, i had the same issue until i saw a different doctor who helped me a lot. i was put on anti-depressants to treat anxiety and it worked great. nobody wants to be on medication but hey its better then the alterative. cheers
|

replied January 6th, 2012
Valve Regurgitation
I can always feel my heartbeat as well. It beats soooo hard and feel like it's coming out of my chest. I can feel it In all parts of my body...neck, throat, legs, back, wrists, ears.... I was recently diagnose with Moderate heart valve regurgitation. ECG's, EKG's, X-Rays do not always detect a heart problem. Ask your doctor to request an Echocardiogram or a TEE. Echo is like an ultrasound and a TEE is where they place a camera down your throat. Heart palpitations is one sign of a heart valve problem. Best of luck to you all!
|

replied April 30th, 2012
I have the beat in my arm... but i'm 13 and really skinny but active, what is up with that??
|

replied November 27th, 2013
Heartbeat in body
I have the same thing. It's stress and anxiety. Do some breathing exercises. Get lots of rest. You may need to be on an anxiety pill
|