Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

6 Hours Max, Always Pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I would like to sleep between 6 and 8 hours per night. Unfortunately I usually get 4-6 hours because of the pain in my abdomen. It is almost as though my organs cannot be horizontal for that length of time. I thought this might be a symptom of adulthood, its been going on for the last 6 or 7 years on and off. I am 30. It is all the time now. I never sleep more than 6 hours.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 30th, 2005
That's definitely not normal as far as organs go. Go see a doctor about that one as soon as you can I think. Could be your life on the line. Probably be fine if you deal with it sooner rather than later. Also 6 hours a night is terrible. If anyone tells you about how you're being a wuss for complaining about it don't believe it. Average adult needs at least 8. That's about how long sleep cycle takes. Go get the organs fixed and then start sleeping more. If you function well with just 6 you'll function even better with 8. Www.Sleepfoundation.Org/
|

replied November 4th, 2005
Experienced User
Hey read your post and im the same have been since god knows when..... But I have to get up lots of times in the night because I alwys sleep on my side and its like my stomach and insides start aching from sleepin on one side for more than half an hour. I have to get up and even sit up for about 10 mins then go back to sleep turning sides. My mom n dad bought me a new matres some months back, its supose to make you sleep better as it foams to the shape of your body carnt remember the name of it and that hasn't helped either, I didn't think it was anything to take any notice about till I read your post. Let me know if u go to the docotors and find out what it is
|

replied January 20th, 2009
Hi read your post i am having the same problems
the doctors are not sure whats causing it. if you have any information please let me know
|

replied June 9th, 2009
I have the same problem too... It seems that when I eat less dinner better I can sleep. I gonna go to the doctor soon because it became more painful recently.

I have also have lower-middle backaches from long sleeps. I'm not sure that is related or not.

We bought a new mattress recently. It was carefully chosen based on my weight an body type. It did'n help either.

Luckily I only feel it after 8 hours sleep but I still can sleep more then 9-10 hours but the pain increases.

As I said before less food/light food at dinner helps and also loosing weight specially from the stomach and specific back exercising helped too.
|