Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

Hard Lump Post Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy

Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
Has anyone had trouble with a hard mass developing underneath an incision? I have one underneath one of my incisions...It has changed over the past 2 wks....I am 2 wks post op....The soreness is not as bad as the beginning but seems to be returning......I know I need to probably see the Dr. But I saw on day 5 and he said it was because I bled some and he had to put stitches in...It is more like boil underneath the skin now..I'm afraid it could be an incisional hernia anyone had one of those....Any info. Is greatly appreciated....Sherri :?:
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 24th, 2005
It could just be scar tissue or the stitches under the skin. If it is oozing or if it gets bigger and causes alot of pain I would definately see the Dr. I had my gb removed the end of march and I have a small lump under the skin in the incision between my rib cages and the Dr. Told me it was just scar tissue and not to worry about it.

Donna
|

replied July 26th, 2011
ive just had an operation and also developed a painful lump underneath the stitches ,i was told to go to the doctors straight away after calling them ,it turned out i had an infection and needed antibiotics ,after four days of taking them it improved slightly but still had lump ,im on second lot of antibiotics and if they dont work may have to have it drained ,please dont just leave it it will only get worse ...
|

replied December 17th, 2011
lump after lap cholecystectomy
i had my gallbladder out 8 days ago. i have a large swollen area above my top incision. went 4 days postop and was told it was where stitches were so tight inside. now after 8 days i still cannot put on a bra without severe pain, and it feels really tight like there is an internal knot or lump. anyone ever had anything like this?
cayce
|

replied December 17th, 2011
lump after lap cholecystectomy
i had my gallbladder out 8 days ago. i have a large swollen area above my top incision. went 4 days postop and was told it was where stitches were so tight inside. now after 8 days i still cannot put on a bra without severe pain, and it feels really tight like there is an internal knot or lump. anyone ever had anything like this?
thanks
|