Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Brown Marks On My Teeth

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
I have had a brown mark/stain on three of my teeth since I was a small child. I have been told that it is caused by some pills taken by my mum when she was pregnant. She took the pills to cure a cold. What are these marks and can I get rid of them? Gabriela, bucharest, romania. Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 20th, 2003
Experienced User
I have the opposite problem - I have bright white spots on my teeth, whiter than the rest of my teeth and they are only on my two front teeth. I always refer to them as calcium deposits but thats not what they are. My mom says they are either from medication she took while she was pregnant or from me having pneumonia as an infant and running a very high fever. I've had them ever since I got my adult teeth so while I noticed them, they never bothered me since that is all i've ever known. Last time I went to the dentist he gave me some professional strength crest white strips to try to use to bleach the rest of my teeth and try to get them the same color as the white spots. They whitened my teeth nicely but not enough to match the white spots. You on the other hand, being that your stains are darker than the rest of your teeth might actually benefit from some form of bleaching. You should talk with your dentist and see what he or she recommends.
|

replied January 9th, 2004
Re
Try crest night effects. I too had 3 teeth stained bad and the dentist wanted 1200 dollars to get rid of it, crowns and all that. Im not sure if it will help you but the price difference to try it and maybe win is enormous. Here they only cost 14 dollars for a 14 day supply. Its a whitener you put on your teeth before you sleep, go to bed wake up brush your teeth thats it. It removed all mine in just 5 days.
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
Baking Soda And Peroxide
Hi gabriela!

I had a similar problem on my front teeth. I've been brushing with a mix of baking soda and peroxide for about a month now, and the stain is almost gone.

Good luck!
Daniel
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
1 More Thing
The combination of cigarettes and too much espresso doesn't seem to help. Wink ... Daniel
|

replied July 12th, 2005
Teeth Whitening
I'd try a teeth whitening system. Smile4you.Co.Uk supply a very effective and cheap kit that works.
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2005
Experienced User
Bakine Soda And Peroxide
Be careful with that combination, my uncle stripped the enamel off of his teeth by using that and now his teeth are terrible.
|

replied August 25th, 2005
Experienced User
There is an antibiotic called tetracyceling. It will cause your teeth to be dark yellow or you will have small dark spots if your mom took it while she was pregnant with you. Do not use the baking soda combination. It causes your teeth to become soft and eats away at them. The white spots on adult teeth are called flourosis. It is when you are giving too much floride when you are a child and causes white spots on the developing adult teeth. Or it you swollow too much tooth paste when your adult teeth where developing. With the dark spots you can call your local dentist and have fillings placed, try bleaching or just live with them.
|

replied March 11th, 2006
Hi all,

i have two big white spots on my front teeth, I have had them sence I was young, I still am in my teens & I feel very sad about my teeth and I dont like to smile.

Is there anyway I can get these white spots off of my two front teeth???

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul