Medical Questions > Womens Health > Fertility Forum

Newly Diagnosed With Endo...

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Hi, I am new to this site. I am 22 years old, and happily married. 3 years ago I had a very large ovarian cyst rupture and had to have an emergency lap to remove it. That was my first lap, and no endo was found then. A week ago was lap #2 due to very severe abd pain, and the result was stage 2 endo. I don't know why, but I am very emotional and overwhelmed now, even though I totally was expecting endo. I want to start immediately ttc as soon as I am healed, but my husband is unsure. He definitely wants kids, but wants to wait years. I don't know if I have years to wait and am having a hard time explaining this to him, he is amazing and I know he loves me but he just isn't understanding what I am saying. I just want some advice from someone who is there, as it is 3am and I can't sleep, and haven't for days. It would be great to make some friends from this site to talk to...

Thanks for listening
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 25th, 2005
Endometriosis And Men
Hey holliadrienne, I am a 25 year old female and have been dealing with endometriosis for quite a few years now. I had my first lap when I was 23 and they removed a lot of the endo at that time but my doctor told me it would come back. I have always wanted children and I wanted my first one when I was 24, I still don't have any yet. My boyfriend and I keep talking about marriage and definatly plan too, but I am still waiting around for him. Which also means I am waiting around for him to have children as well. I have explained to him on numerous occasions that now that I have had the surgery, I have a small window of time to be able to conceive before it comes back. But he just looks at me like I am trying to trick him into have children. Finally, I took him with me to my doctor, I made him come in the room with me and made the doctor explain to him that I was not making this up, that the longer we wait, the harder it will be for me to be able to conceive and carry a child. He now believes me but at the same time doesn't really take it too seriously. But maybe your husband will be different. Try taking him to the doctor with you and have the doctor explain that due to unfortunate circumstances, starting a family is going to have to come sooner than later for health reasons.
Like I said, I am now 25 years old, the endo is back and there are only so many surgeries you can have before you just have to have everything removed. My mother had it, she was fortunate enough to have 4 children before her's became as bad as mine.
Now I don't want to scare but I have a question, have you had your surgery yet? And if you have, did they laser out the endo or cut it out? I was told by another doctor who had endo, that she had 1 child, ended up with endo and then had laser surgery. She tried to conceive a child after that and it was impossible, they had to do invetro. She told me that the laser creates too much scar tissue and that makes it hard for the embryo to attach to the uteran wall. She told me to have mine cut out if I can. Unfortunately it was too late, I already have the laser surgery. My doctor on the other hand assures me that it won't be a problem, I will only have the "time" problem. But I guess everyone is different.

So try to get your doctor to explain the situation to your husband and the importance of it all. I wish you all the best. Let me know how it goes or if you have any more questions or ever need to talk, feel free to send me a message.

Erin
|

replied July 27th, 2005
Fertility
I as diagnosed with endometriosis when iwas 14 im 20 now, some times I go several monthes without a period. Around nov my periouds started to become normal again until june this year they stoped agin. It can cause fertility problems.Ive had 2 surgerys for it. I went to my gyn recently she did an ultrasound and said there was no sign of it, it would sho up if it was there. Im not sure why my periods stoped then.Im not pregnant cause im still a virgin.
|

replied August 26th, 2005
This sounds really stupied, and I feel relly silly for asking this but what does ttc stand for. I'm sorry i'm an idiot.
|

replied August 26th, 2005
Experienced User
Trying to conceive
|

replied August 28th, 2005
Thank you
|

replied September 1st, 2005
Experienced User
Hi I had my first gyno appointment today possible endo which I know will shock me even though im pretty sure ive got it.Im on a waiting list for a lap I do know the proceedure but I would like to know first hand from ppl who have had them what does it feel like after were you guys in pain? Im a little worried please give me some advice.
|