Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Ringing In My Ear

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
This morning I woke up to a ringing and reduction in hearing in my left ear. I don't have any other symptoms such as nausea or lack of balance. Could it be a pressure problem? If so, what can be done? This was sudden and I had no warning at all that this might happen. It happened 12 hours ago and it hasn't gotten any better since then.
I sleep with ear plugs in because my wife snores at night. Could the ear plugs have caused this to happen? I've been using them for 2 years or more.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2005
Experienced User
Yes the ear plugs could have something to do with it. This may sound sick but its happened to alot of ppl. You may have had wax in the front of your ear and then when you put the ear plus in, it might have knocked it to the back and plugged your ear. And when your ears get plugged they start to ring a very annoying sound. I mean obviously im not 100% thats it but it could be one of many reasons. If it continues go to the doctor and ask him/her if they could flush out your ear. It feels really good and gets all that crap from your ears out. Good luck.
|

replied February 22nd, 2014
Dear, check your B12, Vit D and Iron level by appropriate tests, if low start taking these suppliments under doctors guidance. i was having similar problem, now much better, in my case it was low iron level. Best Wishes.
|

replied January 29th, 2009
I was searching for ringing in ears and found this! I went to a couple of nights ago and found I couldn't get to sleep for about an hour, as I had a high pitch ringing in my left ear only. I also wear ear plugs as hubby snores terribly. I don't notice it during the day as normal everyday noise blocks it out, but as I lay down to sleep, with night time quiet, all I can hear is this darn rining. Driving me insane... hard choice: no sleep as husband snores, or ear plugs and ringing in the ears... maybe a visit to the doctor is the key to get the crap out.
|

check your iron level using blood test, if low start taking Fe suppliments. i was having similar problem, now much better, best wishes
|

replied December 8th, 2009
Sudden Hearing Loss
Regards to ringing in the ear. If it is sudden and involves a decrease in hearing -- wax could be the issue. However, you need to see a medical doctor (prefer ENT) immediately because of the following:
1) if wax is present and is removed and the problem goes away then your good.
However,
2) If wax is NOT the issue... this could be cause of alarm as it maybe a medical emergency... This could be sudden sensorineural hearing loss. This needs to be evaluated immediately and have treatment done immediately as it could be the end of your hearing all together.
|

check your iron level using blood test, if low start taking Fe suppliments. i was having similar problem, now much better, best wishes
|

replied March 3rd, 2010
ears ringing
I had ringing in my ears and I thought it was from my B/P pills, when I stopped taking them it stopped, but also my ears would stop ringing when I took a shower. Sounds weird but it is true. My doctor put me on Beta Blockers for B/P and that did help. My ears still ring a bit in the morning when I wake up, but it stops when I get up and start my day. The shower really helps too. The Beta Blockers helped me allot, for blood pressure and also I am not so stressed about things it seems. Hope you all get better, as I know when it first started happening to me I thought I would go insane, I have tinnitus anyway, but when it got so bad it was like having someone in my ear all the time, and made life very hard.
|

check your B12, vit D and iron level by appropriate tests, if low start taking these suppliments under doctors guidance. i was having similar problem, now much better, most often it may be due low IRON best wishes
|

replied January 24th, 2012
ear pain
So ne ways when i was 11 my mother shoved a bobin pin in my ear to clean it well my when I went to get up my ear started bleeding and hurting really bad I got very sick and layed in bed for hours well since then I have had trouble sleeping on that side of my head I wake up with a constant pain in and around my ear I am now 24 and was wondering if it was ever going to go away I have had my regular doctor look at it but they say everything looks fine but it is not especially when I am sleeping will someone let me know something
|

replied March 16th, 2012
Ringing in my ear like an old television sound.
I woke up this morning 3/16/2012 and had a ringing in my ear kinda like an old television noise...at first i was like its no problem then i took a shower and noticed it hasnt gone away..i went to school and asked the nurse and they said i have air in my ear..they didnt do anything about it....since 5:40am till 10:16 pm its still ringing and hasn't stopped only when i tune it out..or people around me. i dont have any idea what this means or how to cure it...im realy getting paranoid...if someone knows what it is and how to cure it please let me know im very annoyed by this noise.
|

check your B12, vit D and iron level by appropriate tests, if low start taking these suppliments under doctors guidance. i was having similar problem, now much better, most often it may be due low IRON best wishes
|

check your iron level using blood test, if low start taking Fe suppliments. i was having similar probelm, now much better, best wishes
|