Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Hard Nasal Growth

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I have 2 hard nasal growths in my right nostril. One is a bump on the lower part of my nasal cavity, and the other is a raised semi-flat bump on the mid section of my nostril (both with a kind of rough surface). I've had them for atleast 2 years (maybe more) and they don't really seem to be growing. I've tried picking at it and it bled. I don't have nose-bleeds or frequent runny nose. I've looked everywhere I can't find anything like it with matching symptoms. Does anyone have an idea what it could be?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ekbar
|

replied November 25th, 2010
I have something that sounds like the same condition, but I've had this for at least twenty years.

Did you ever get an answer?
|

replied February 8th, 2011
could be polyps
Husband has one. He says his is hard, too, BUT they resemble pictures of nasal polyps. We're planning a doctor's visit, but I bet this is the problem.
By chance, do you have any of the following: deviated septum, asthma, allergies, postnasal drip (chronic), or sinus infection? These are typical causes of them.
While they are not cancer, they can cause breathing problems, so they're worth checking out, if they get big.
PS Not promising a relation, but my husband has had colon polyps twice now. I almost wonder if it's related. (Colon polyps have no symptoms. If you've never had your colon checked out, something interesting we found out was that his skin tags can be a hint!)
|

replied February 10th, 2011
My impression is now that this is actually a kind of venting of a long established chronic infection.

I read that Vitamin C works against chronic infection so I've been overdosing myself with it for about the past six weeks and it has definitely had an effect though not eliminated it and probably won't.

A lot of Vitamin C causes excess gas which some people find intolerable, but that decreases after you've been at it a few weeks.
|

replied April 11th, 2011
WOW! Really? You have no idea how much I appreciate ANY type of tip at this point! He has no insurance (basically uninsurable), so no one will touch him. So ANY advice is GREATLY appreciated! (I'll tell him right away to load-up on Vit C!) Thanks again!
|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2014
I have a new question,
Does anyone have a polyp in one nostril and hard grisly growths that are not round in nature or are polyp like in the other.
I am getting concerned.
I don't want to have surgery because I here you have to keep having it after that every couple or so years and to me that doesn't really seem like an answer.
does anyone else have this?
|
Quick Reply