Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Young Girls Looking to Have a Baby...

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Hi girls, I should probably start by telling you all a little about myself. I'm a 24 year old wife and mother of 2 beautiful boys. I got pregnant with my first son at 17, I was 20 with my second. I'm not here to put you down or try to scare you from not trying to conceive, what I want is to share my story.
I felt like I was completely prepared for motherhood as young as I was. I was really lucky to have all the support from family and friends. The father of the baby was just as young as I was yet he was mature... At least in my mind. Honestly I loved being pregnant, I think I loved being the center of attention. This is the easy part, being pregnant. I waited forever for the baby to arrive, 17 days past my due date to be exact. I embraced labour. I thought I was strong but I later realized physical strength isn't enough. Yes babies are so adorable and cute but that wears off. Now with my 6 year old heading into grade 1 i'm unsure of a lot. See I was lucky, I married my high school sweetheart had 2 children with him but life isn't that easy. My eldest boy was diagnosed with adhd(attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) and odd(opposition defiant disorder). My youngest may be autistic with problems that my effect him for life. Don't get me wrong I love my boys with all my heart. Just think about it!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
Young Girls
My story is a lot like yours I am 23 and I got prego at 15, my daughter is 7 and going into 2nd grade and she also has odd, she can be a handfull, her father and I just got married last month but have been together for 8 years today!!!! We are trying for a 2nd baby now, hope it doesnt take to long :) it was very hard having a baby so young, you have to grow up so fast, I dont know why anyone would try for a baby so young, its sad that they think they need a baby to be happy, I love my daughter to death but it has been a struggle, I lost all my friends and freedom, I remember when I got preggo I thought I was so grown up and I could stay out late, ha ha was I wrong you just want to sleep and after baby comes your even more tired :) anyway thats my story :d shawna
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2005
Supporter
Hey shawna

only some girls actually take the responsibility on themselves, we were them girls. I know a lot that hand them on to family members... Sad I know :(
the father of my boys and I have been together for 8 years in september..... We actually met in health class.... Coincidence!!! It'll be our 5 year wedding anniversary august 12. Congrats on yours! We found out we were pregnant again in mid may but lost the baby mid june. It was hard. We are trying now. Good luck to you :lol:
|

replied July 24th, 2005
Experienced User
I do not share the same experiences that these ladies here have gone through, but I agree with what they are saying...Having children at such a young age is honestly such a waste of a woman's most youthful years. Teenage girls want to go out with friends and have fun, not stay at home nursing a child or chasing it around the house trying to put clothes on it.

I hate to explain the story of another person, but I shall, for the sake of the topic. A girl who attended my high school ( and my elementary school as well) became pregnant at 15 and had to drop out of school. Since the father of her child was 18 at the time, he was imprisoned for statuatory rape and today, about 4 years later, he's still in prison...So it's kind of apparent that the father could not have been a part of the child's life, even if he wanted to be. This girl, who was an overall average young lady, obviously was not quite prepared for her pregnancy...But then again, what 15-year-old would be unless they were trying? After the child was born she had tried to hurt it, and I believe it was after that point that the girl's mother adopted the child as her own. So the little boy, who is probably around 3 or 4 years old, sees his real mother as his older sister.

I know some people say that children are a blessing, and if you want them, then I guess they can be. But children are also a job that you will never get paid for...Child care is volunteer work, ladies! :d

forgive me...I felt the urge to vent, and I feel much better now. :3
|

replied July 24th, 2005
Experienced User
Im sorry but I feel the need to voice my opinion as well.
When I was 16 I gave birth to my beautiful baby daughter yes it was really hard work but I wouldnt change a thing about it.
Yeah some ppl arent ready for babies and for those ppl that want to have a life that still involves going out all your old friends and freedom then dont bother having a baby.
Having a baby conpletely changes ur life. Ur child ends up being ur life u are tired u normally lose most of ur old friends because u cant go out anymore n do things u used to do with them so u r stuck trying to make new ones.
I still find it a struggle to meet ppl that accept me and my daugher and wish to spend time with us as not many ppl agree with the fact that I had her so young.
Atm I have maybe 3 close friends one of which is my partner.
Yes we are having another bubs im pregnant right now but im not going to recommend it to anyone unless ur mature and wise enough to raise another life its not just something u can give up on like a school project or a game its another life.
Dont go rushing into anything ur not completely sure u could handle.
Sorry for this I just felt like I needed to get it off my chest :/
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Well said chels. U can definitely speak from experience. How's portia and the baby?
|

replied July 24th, 2005
Experienced User
Yeah they arent to bad portia being a little terror only just learning to get out of bed n play instead of scream which is good I dont have to wake up to her screaming every morning lol....The other bubs is good too 15 weeks along I am :d im sure I can feel the little movements like wind but the midwifew reckons im not far enough along but I still think shes wrong I think its the bubs lol.
But nah portia is hitting her terrible twos so yeah shes being well hard to handle lol im just glad ive got my partner to help out not to sure my nerves would handle it if I was by myself.
Just one thing I wanna congratulate all the single mums out their that have done a great job at raising their children on their own its hard enough with a partner.
|

replied January 24th, 2010
My little sister gave birth to a little girl only two months after her fourteenth birthday. I would assume that for little girls who have babies that young would have it tough. However, my sister didn't have that experience. Instead, she left her mother (we're half sisters who share the same father) to raise her child. Now, my sister is 19 and my neice is 5. My sister lives in LA and my neice lives with her grandmother in TX. It's not right. I'm 22 and 24 weeks pregnant with my first child. I have a great job, I pay my own bills, and I have a wonderful husband. I couldn't imagine doing this any other way. I'm glad I waited to have a baby and I'm very proud that I am the first person in my family to wait until their twenties to get pregnant with their first baby.
|

replied February 18th, 2010
my life
yea i am 17 now i had a baby girl at the age of 16 yea me n her dad was going out at the time n we was in love but after u have a kid things change.....so we r not togetter no more he wanted to be with a girl that haves a baby n that baby is 1 n my baby is only 9 months....but i dont care no more am doing me n he is mad that am talking to people but when he haves a girlfriend he dont want me to get mad.....but so what i am not goint to let him stop me no more i cryed so much over him for wat he did to me but am done playing game....b/c am young n just b/c i had a baby to u ur not going to stop me no more
|

replied February 18th, 2010
Experienced User
Michelle, I could have written your post. I'm 25, with four children, married my high school love, moved on with my life. Fortunately, none of my children have any problems. I don't think I could make it through the day if they did!

Everything is different.

I broke down in tears today. It happens more often than I'd like to admit. Sometimes, just the knowledge that I'm 25 and running after children while my friends are having the time of their lives is overwhelming. Life happens, though, and you keep going.

My youngest is 8 months old. I never had as much fun with my girls (7, 5 and 4) as I've had with him. It may be that I'm older, or perhaps I've "settled" into the wring of motherhood more. I do know that at 17 I wasn't emotionally prepared to put baby first, no matter how much I claimed I was at the time. I don't think any of us are.
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2010
i am 16 and i really want to have a baby. me and my boyfriend are so in love, and have been for 2 years. all your posts however have really opened my eyes to what it is like. thank you :] i think im going to wait with having a child. i mean if he really loves me he will wait with me until we are older to have babies.
|

replied March 14th, 2012
help.
Hey..
I am eighteen and pregnant with twins.. I am 10 week 2 days pregnant. I have neither tell my parents nor my boyfriend yet. I am scared.. I do not know what to do when I realized I am pregnant with twins... My stomach is showing and I still do not how to tell both my parents and my boyfriend.. How am I suppose to do?
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2013
heeeelp
I am 17 years old and I am passionate about having a babie. Me and my partner have been trying but it has not worked . Myself and my family would love to have a new babie in the family. Ineed of help please help me, I am keen on having a babie and would do anything to be able to experiance this lovely opportunity.

Kriddle
|

replied January 30th, 2014
Just have faith, when the time is right it will happen, it all takes time.
|

replied November 28th, 2013
I am 16 years old... in being here you all already know what I'm going to say, yes! I too want a baby. Now see everybody's story is different, I understand that in having a baby my life will become a lot more harder then it is right now, well even harder then I'm expecting it to be, but there are many reasons that were pointed out here. First, freedom seems to be a big thing, well I come from a very strict family, well, mom... I have a little brother... and my boyfriend is the most caring, loving and most innocent thing in the world lol, so having said that, I have no freedom what so ever, I'm not exaggerating either, I cannot have sleep overs, go to birthdays, let alone sit on my porch without my mom thinking I'm doing something bad, ''you can't lose freedom, if you don't have any to start with''. Next, ''friends'', through out the course of time I have learned that no soul is your friend.. they will say nice things to you and then stab you in the back, real friends won't care if you're pregnant, they'll still make time to see you and hang out with you at your house to catch up on things... btw, most of my friends are pregnant or already have kids, but that is not the reason why I am doing it. Lastly, everybody's experience with pregnancy is different, some will love it and some will have a more difficult time with it, it's just a matter of how you decide to deal with the pain and the struggle... the gain and the victory. Let us hit the wall, let us experience it, let us show you that just because we are young doesn't mean we can't accomplish great heights while pressed against the wall.
|