Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Yellowish Green Discharge In Vigina (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Iv been suffering this for many months. I had an abnormal discharge colored yellowish green with a very bad odor, itchi and sometimes my viginal lip is too reddish and painful. I have to wear panty liner all the time coz my panty would became wet due to the strong discharge and there are times I dont feel any itchi but still its had a bad odor. Is it something to do with frequently use of panty liner and after I give birth I just had my pup smear last year in which I give birth for all most 9 yrs? Or am I a diabetic? Iv notice that if I drink sofdrinks,juice or I eat chocolate the itchi and discharge would be too many.
I dont have the confident to go to the oby-gyn, im afraid they would tel me that I have a diseases or what. Please help me
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mhaye
|

replied July 21st, 2005
Experienced User
If you've had unprotected sex then it could be an std. It is definately an infection of some sort, and you need to see a doc or gyn about it, especially if you've had it for a few months.. Don't feel uncomfortable going to see them, they deal with this stuff everyday. They will give you a medication and it will clear up right away. Hope this helps.
|

replied July 23rd, 2005
You have to be checked right away, stds can cause damage to your reproductive organs if you let them go without being treated. I am an std counselor in the military and I see this problem a lot. People are too scared and then end up worse than what they could have been months ago. Some viral stds can cause cancer such as high risk hpv. Bacterial infections also cause vaginal disharge and can also cause major problems when not treated. See your doctor
|

replied July 26th, 2005
Experienced User
Its probablt bv (it canlast forever) or some other ikki infection please get it checked out, before it turns into pid or something serious like that!
|

replied November 13th, 2005
I searched this up for you.. And this is what I got...

Trichomoniasis

this infection is caused by a one-celled protozoan organism. Trichomoniasis is almost always spread through sexual contact. However, the protozoan organism can survive for up to twenty-four hours in a moist environment, making wet towels or bathing suits possible instruments of transmission from someone with the infection.

Signs and symptoms: most men and some women don't display any symptoms, which may include . . . . .

Yellow/green, frothy, discharge

foul odor with discharge

increased amount of discharge

increased frequency of urination

inflammation of vulva/vagina

itching

treatment: the treatment used is the oral antibiotic, metronidazole. Remember - no alcohol consumption when taking the medication and for 48 hours after treatment! It is recommended that both partners be treated at the same time to avoid recurrent infections. Partners should be treated even if they aren't displaying any symptoms. Avoid intercourse until treatment is completed.

But like it says, remember your partner needs to be treated to.. If he does not get treated you guys will pass it back and forth! I hope this helped you!!!
|

replied July 27th, 2007
i am having it now, and it scared me a lot
guys if its really std, can it be cure? is it something like aids? hixxxxxx

btw, i am using metronidazole vaginal gel now Sad
|

replied September 4th, 2008
bad smelling discharge
I am embrassed to say this, but I am married and having problem. My husband started last year using something to give him an erection and each time that we have sex it would sightly burn a little, so I thought this was giving me this yeast or whatever it is. Now their is something else that I need to say that I have a friend on the side, and when we have sex not all the time he doesn't clean his private parts good because he have a smell and I tells him he need to get checked out or he is going to give me something or his lady friend. I don't know who I am getting this foul smelling discharge from. I have been to the doctor and the last time she said it was yeast. I have taken medicine for it and it have cleared up but for how long. please tell me what is this.
|

User Profile
replied September 7th, 2008
Advanced Support Team
MayMay you may have bacterial vaginosis. This can happen from having multiple sex partners you need to see a doctor and ask your man friend to use a condom until he sees a doctor. As far as the first poster it sounds like Trich to me and you really need to get to a doctor and get on an RX.
|

replied December 12th, 2008
strong smell!
How do you tell a women that she has a strong smell down there without hurting here feelings?
|

replied January 16th, 2009
oh no! what do i do?
hi there! i need some answers to this problem!
i have been having some pain in my lower stomach
and just a week a go i had unprotected intercourse with my boyfriend for 3 years..
we had anal and vaginal sex and now a week later i have this yellowish greenish dicharge and smells very like cheese!...can you help me!??
|

replied January 16th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
anon1979 it sounds like you have a infection, did you have anal then go straight to your vagina? (without washing) Jenny
|

replied January 21st, 2009
help
I haven't had sex in over two years and about two months ago i started having yellow-greenish discharge and itches and smells can it be a yeast infection? I haven't had a boyfriend either
|

User Profile
Experienced User
OK LADIES! CALM DOWN! i bet 90% of you with this discharge and odor all have the same thing. First of all....of course it would be a very smart idea to ALWAYS practice safe sex and USE PROTECTION! if you do this and you still have this discharge, i personally believe is Bacterial Vaginosis. Yes it sounds gross and like an std but its not! I was battleing it for a couple years. You can spread it thru unprotected sex...but you CANNOT produce it from unprotected sex. What this infection is...its just and overgrowth of bacteria. You do need to go to the doctor to get antibiotics for it because it will not disappear if ignored. Trust me ladies...do not be ashamed of this. It happens to A LOT of women. Including me! So go to the doc and take care of it..
|

help
maggie420 well that didn't help me so i guess will give more info. I have had a hysterectomy over 7 years ago every since then have had problems with yeast infections. four months ago i had one and it was treated and went away. then two months later i started getting a yellow-greenish discharge that smells. NO I HAVE NOT HAD SEX IN TWO YEARS so it cannot be an std. so what can it be? it is different from the yeast infections that i have had in the pass.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
sassy74 - I did not say that this is an std or you get it from intercourse. However, you still can carry it to your partner, if you should become sexually active again. I have also had a yeast infection before...and once i treated it, Bacterial Vaginosis followed it because it wasnt treated as planned. All it is...is an overgrowth of bacteria. Go ahead and google it...and see if you have some of the same symptoms.
|

replied May 18th, 2009
Really bad odor scare me...
will since i have to ask some kind of question and hope that someone out there can answer then i guess i have to open up...will before this really bad odor started, one day my partner wanted to have sex and when i looked at his penis, it was very dry and the very thin layer of skin was peeling off and i stare at it, asking why it was like that and i got scare and didn't want to sleep with him so anyways one thing lead to another we did it. so a couple days later i started my period and thought oh! gee, that really stink and gosh, it smells awfully bad not like anyother period that i had before...i hope that i didn't get something from him, cause we've been together for 9yrs now and i trust him that i don't think that he would do anything behind my back...(i hope not) but can someone answer this for me...before i see a doc which i think that is the best idea for me....
|

replied August 8th, 2009
em i think i have it now but i dont have sex so wat else cud be causin it
|

replied August 14th, 2009
a little reading on the side
Yellow green vaginal discharge is a sign of bacterial infection for which a colposcopy and cervical examination may be required. It indicates an infection or other STD disorder, a foreign body in the vagina, inflammation of the uterus, etc. Women with somatic diseases, HIV, diabetes, and hormone imbalances are at risk for developing conditions resulting in the appearance of malodorous flows accompanied by itching, burning, and bad smell. Yellow green vaginal discharge is a sign of bacterial infection for which a colposcopy and cervical examination may be required.
|

replied September 11th, 2009
:(
I dont have sexual activity and never have but the same thing is happening to me.. i read all the coments but can i cure it at home???? PLZ PLZ? does anyone have any cures???
|

replied September 29th, 2009
discharge
Just in the past couple of weeks I have noticed just hours after I shower and wash I have a unpleasent odor and my discharge is sometimes clear and liquid but seems to me that there is to much of it and then sometimes I get a yellowish green thicker discharge. I know I dont have STD's I have been married for 4 years and had 2 kids. Not sure if i should go get an over the counter yeast treatment or to the doctors.
|
12 >>