Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Lump Under Tongue

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
Lump under my tongue. Size of a fat lima bean or bigger. Lump is painless.

Went to physician's assistant - ordered a salivary flow test. He scares me b/c he didn't know what the sublingual gland was. He's been in the ent business for 15 yrs. Dr is great, but I would have had to wait at least 1-2 weeks to see him.

In the text i've read about this it says that if the lump remains after 1 month, it should be seen right away. And that high rate of malignancy in sublingual gland. So understandably i'm concerned.

Have you heard of a high rate of simple cysts (non malignant) in this area? Can it be a lymph node as opposed to the salivary gland (or are they the same thing?

Ps. I have been told I have sjogren's syndrome, hypothyroidism (take synthroid), rheumatoid arthritis, salivary stones (but they are painful).

-concerned in ct.
Did you find this post helpful?
|