Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Raised Bump On Neck- Bug Bite Or Not?

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
I have a raised bump on my neck. It is about finger-width size, doesn't itch much if any, it is a bit red (although that could be from my rubbing it), and it feels like there's a tube or something in there. I have no other symptoms. From what i've been able to research so far, I think it is a spider bite, although I am not sure. I have not gone camping, although I have been to the mountains recently for an outdoor concert. I do sleep with my window open, and there have been a myriad of creatures coming in my window, although the only bites that I have suffered from to date have been mosquitoes. If anyone has any information they could pass along to me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 13th, 2009
Me too
I have the same thing on my shoulder.I have looked all over the internet to figure out what it is. Some people thinks it's a jigger bite or a red bug bite, but I don't know. But I can't recall myself being outdoors only to walk my dog.
|

replied August 5th, 2011
neck bug, spider bite, insect bite
I have had something that may be similar. It was a bite on the back of my neck near the hair line that remained for some time and seemed to change to get better and then get worse. Sometimes it itched and sometimes not. One morning while laying awake in bed I watched a small black jumping spider travel across the ceiling to the wall down the wall to the bed. I killed it and the bump on my neck went away. Occasionally every few years I get a similar bump and when I discover it I use insect repellant on my neck and the bump is gone in two days. Since this theory is developing I have observed while in the checkout line at the grocery store that many people have a similar bump on their neck. It would be interesting to learn more about this.
|