Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Please Help I Don't Know What Is Going On!

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hello, i'm new to this forum so please forgive me if it seems like i'm an idiot. I went rafting over the weekend, fell out of the raft and while I do not believe I hit my head on anything I now have severe head pain in my temples, the top and back of my head during strenuous activity especially sex. :oops: I am 26 if that matters. I don't know what to do it has been going on since saturday and now my g/f wants me to go to the doc. Someone help me, please!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 10th, 2005
A lot of people have migraines start after head injuries. It's not that the injury causes migraine, but that your brain is already prone to migraine and it is the injury that brings them to the forefront.

There is something called sexual headache (or coital headache) that begins during orgasm. Some migraine meds can be taken about 30 minutes before sex to keep the headache from coming on. I don't know if there's any other treatment for them, though.

-kerrie
|
Did you find this post helpful?