Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Strange Heat/ In Legs (Page 1)

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Today I started feeling a very strange heat in my left calf. It feels like when you are sitting in the car and the sun is beating on you...Only I am inside my house and not in the light, or a very hot wave of air. My leg is not hot to the touch but internally it feels like it is burning up! Each incident lasts from 1 to 2 minutes and happens every 10 to 15 minutes. This is very strange and has never happened to me before. If this has happened to you and you know what is causing it please let me know!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Twidderpated
|
Users who thank Twidderpated for this post: Sandy_Printz 

replied August 11th, 2005
Re: Strange Heat/ In Legs
I know what you are talking about. Mine started on july 14. It woke me up in the middle of the night and lasted for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then it went away and came back in a week. Since the 26th of july I have had this burning coming and going everyday. But mine is on the top part of my leg. It feels like a match is getting closer and closer till it becomes intense. It lasted from a few seconds up to 15 minutes, day and night. I don't know what this is yet. But I have a doctor's appointment this weekend. I hope I find out something and that they can help me. If I find out anything i'll let you know.
|

replied March 29th, 2011
Hot leg/Thigh
I have the same thing. I was in the hospital for 4 days and they could not find anything wrong with me. I went to the emergency room several times after I was release from the hospital and one doctor told me I was having anxiety cnd it was something that happen to me that shook my system. He prescribe me Zanact and it seems to work, but I still have the hot thigh at least once a week. I have a appt. on the 31st with my regular doctor hope I can get a better understanding.
|

replied August 14th, 2005
I just posted about getting hot feet....My feet feel dry, papery and hot but fine to the touch.
|

replied August 16th, 2005
Re: Strange Heat/ In Legs
Well I went to my doctor this past saturday. She seems to think I have a pinched nerve in the lower part of my back. She said she never heard of anything like what I was telling her ( burning pain in my leg). So she's sending me for an mri tomorrow. Let you know later what I find out.
|

replied May 2nd, 2012
heat sensation
I have the same thing happening to me on my left leg. No pain just a sensation of heat. This is the first time that i felt it. Please keep us posted on http://ehealthforum.com " Thanks for the help, i'll wait for the updates .. thank you so much ^_^
|

replied September 17th, 2005
Heat In Legs
Did anyone ever find out what this was? I have been experiencing this and did a google search on the topic and came up with this discussion. Rosegrdn, how did the mri turn out?
|

replied September 18th, 2005
Heat In Legs
Hello,

I am sorry to say as of now I know nothing else about this condition. :? But I do have an appointment with the neurogist this thrusday. I wll keep you informed as to what he has to say. I also did a google search and came up with nothing.
|

replied November 25th, 2005
Heat On the Leg
I have the same thing happening to me on my leg. No pain just a sensation of heat. This is the only thing I can find that talks about this. Please keep us posted with the prognosis. Thanks for the help, i'll be watching for the updates to see how it's going.
|

replied November 29th, 2005
What Is This...
Hi everybody,

i was searching for info on this and this was all I could find. I too have this feeling of heat that lasts for 15-30 seconds that will be on my lower leg, knee, or thigh. It has been about 2 weeks now and I have a dr's appt on fri. I hope one of us finds out what is going on. I only have it on my left leg.
|

replied March 29th, 2011
This is so wierd, mine is only in my left leg too. I just turn 46 and some of my family members say I am going through the change, but I stop having a cycle when I was 40. This amazing me that som many women are have these symptons. Please, please post if you get any anwsers so I can tell my doctor.
|

replied September 20th, 2011
Seems like the same case here, always had it in my left leg since i was really young, Im 19 now
|

replied May 3rd, 2012
im 15 though....
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2012
hi i have heat in my feet and my calves very bad....i have talked to my doc. and he said most likely that i have diabetic neuropathy. It is where the nerve endings are frayed. If you are diabetic or sugar is off you will notice. watch your diet...if i dont eat right or if i drink diet soft drinks with all the junk in it; as well as foods with additives...i feel the reprocussions bad. Have your sugar checked. I have gained some weight and being diabetic i have to watch, but this is when my burning started. hope that helps
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2012
hi i have heat in my feet and my calves very bad....i have talked to my doc. and he said most likely that i have diabetic neuropathy. It is where the nerve endings are frayed. If you are diabetic or sugar is off you will notice. watch your diet...if i dont eat right or if i drink diet soft drinks with all the junk in it; as well as foods with additives...i feel the reprocussions bad. Have your sugar checked. I have gained some weight and being diabetic i have to watch, but this is when my burning started. hope that helps
|
Users who thank shortnsassie for this post: zaff 

replied February 8th, 2012
heat in the internal side of my leg
I have the same feeling too :S but i wish to know the answer and the cure.......
|

replied November 29th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Sciatic nerve possibly--low back pinched nerve--i have sciatica but I feel mine all the way from buttocks all the way down. But sometimes I feel burning in lower leg in the same place as the sharp pains.
|

replied December 22nd, 2005
Heat Sensation In Leg
Did anyone find out what this is? I also have it. Showed up out of nowhere.
|

replied December 28th, 2005
Heat In Legss
I was wondering if anyone ever found out what this was. Today I started having the heat sensation in my left leg and it has not gone away. This is the only place I found online that had this info. I have to take a flight on the 2nd and don't have time to go to the Dr. Until I get back home, so I was just wondering if you might have found out what it is... Thanks
|

replied February 12th, 2006
Heat On My Hip
I've had the same sensation on my right hip. It feels like there is heat on it but there is nothing. I don't have any pain, just the feeling of heat. If I touch it, it doesn't feel hot. Has anyone found out what this is?
|

replied March 16th, 2006
Heat In Leg
Has anyone found out what the sensation of heat in our legs is? I went to the doctor yesterday, a rhemotologist, because I have lupus, and they just looked at me funny. Did an x-ray and a doppler scan (due to increase risk of blood clots = lupus) and said everything looked good. I also have heat behind my eye....This is just an odd set of symptoms.
Thanks for any feedback you have.
|

replied August 16th, 2011
hi,i too have the heat sensation in my left leg,different parts and nobody seems to get what i am talking about .the interesting thing is i too have lupus but dont know if its related.I have had this burning heat for about a year.I would love to know if anyone finds out what causes this.
|

replied September 1st, 2011
http://www.ehow.com/about_5049783_hot-flas hes-legs.html According to this web page these are hot flashes in the legs. they can occur anywhere in the body and may be hormonal. they also seem to happen more at night.
|

replied October 10th, 2011
Heat sensation in my right leg
You are right they do happen at night to me. warm feeling on my skin just below the knee. Glad it is not a sign of something serious:)On cold days it feels good!
|

replied February 24th, 2012
burning sensation in calf
I'm 24 and like you all I have just stared getting this reoccuring burning in my leg also, I do have lower back problems, pinched nerves.. I haven't found any information on it and was wondering if I should see the doc about it or not?? I don't find it painful just weird...
|

replied August 16th, 2011
hi,i too have the heat sensation in my left leg,different parts and nobody seems to get what i am talking about .the interesting thing is i too have lupus but dont know if its related.I have had this burning heat for about a year.I would love to know if anyone finds out what causes this.
|

replied September 12th, 2006
Heat In Legs
I also have been having a weird heat in my right calf! On the surface of the skin, I also seem to have a red lesion forming. It is small, but I have no idea what it is caused by or if it is related to this odd heat.
Has the heat in any of your legs gone away? Does anyone have any other info?
|

replied November 9th, 2006
Possible Answer to Everyone's ?
I am a nursing student and what many of you are describing might be the presence of a blood clot in the leg. These blood clots can be minor or serious. Normally the blood clot will dissolve itself, but if there is major swelling, redness and pain seek medical help (you will need to be put on a clot buster). If there is no swelling/reddness and you suspect a blood clot b/c of the sensation of heat, try a warm compress to the area (dialate blood vessels), aspirin (thin blood), and leg elevation to help your body dissolve the superficial clot.
|

replied August 18th, 2011
Never give aspirin for a blood clot in the leg
I'm a registered nurse. Although it may seem like sound advice to give an aspirin, NEVER EVER GIVE AN ASPIRIN TO SOMEONE WHO YOU SUSPECT HAS A BLOOD CLOT in the leg, a deep vein thrombosis.

This can result in an embolus, {moving clot} and the clot can lodge in your brain, heart, etc.. cutting off the blood supply to that area. A thrombus {clot} to your brain, can cause a cerebral vascular accident, {a stroke}. A myocardial infarction {a heart attack} is caused by the clot lodged in the coronary artery, occluding the artery and causing irreversible necrosis {death} of heart muscle secondary to prolonged ischemia. Atherosclerotic plaque adds to the risk.

Please wait until you're licensed before you start practicing medicine on the Internet.
MK RN
|

replied August 31st, 2012
thank you so much. I had just read to take an asprin and told my daughter to take one. Thank God I read yours. And thank God she had not taken it when I called her back to tell her. Thank you, I told her to just go to the hospital. My husbands aunt died bc of this when she wa only 21 years of age. I don't want to take no chances...Thank you so very much and God bless you
|

replied July 22nd, 2014
Pretty irresponsible of sweetv83.

Hate to be a future patient of hers.

THIS, is behind so many problems. Most, I'd say.

People behaving irresponsibly is at the root of more problems than all the other factors combined.
|

replied November 13th, 2006
Heat In Leg
I have recently been experiencing a heat sensation in my left leg. This happens mostly in the evening and only lasts for about a minute. I was considering going to my doctor but felt that he would probably just laugh it off but since reading that it may be a blood clot this has now really worried me. I must make an appointment soon as I used to suffer with high blood pressure, off to the chemist now to buy some asprin.
|

replied November 20th, 2006
I myself felt the same sensation last night in bed... I did not have any covers on me at the time and no heat was coming out of any vents. I got up to check around the bed and there was no other source of heat. I laid back down and could feel a painless burning sensation. As if I had a heater layed in front of my legs. I then tried to go to bed and got under the covers but that made it worse because the heat then tripled because it was being trapped underneath the covers so it became even more warm....Actually hot!
It doesn't seem normal by any means. I read one reply where someone commented on a possible blood clot? Though it radiated more from my knees and lower legs (top) than the entire. This is also the first things I have come across in my 2 hour search on what that could possibly be. I was diagnosed by my rheumatologist about 2 months ago with fibralmyalgia. Could that be a cause?
|

replied December 8th, 2006
Strange Heat Sensation
So I am not imagining things. It started in november with this weird heat sensation on the outer side of the left calf. Funny how most people have it on the left side. I have tested positive for both glandular fever and ross river virus in the past 12 months. Except for the chronic fatigue, achey body and this weird heat sensation I am absolutely healthy. Fbc are all normal, ct scans normal everything normal.
The heat sensation can happen while lying, sitting, walking and running.What is it? Good question! Stressed yes!
|

replied December 31st, 2006
???
Does anyone have any answers? I do not have health insurance. My heat sensation started yesterday.
|

replied February 4th, 2007
Strange Heat In Legs
Well 3 months later it has dissapeared. I have been told I have post viral fatigue 9 chronic fatigue - same thing!) believing it came from the ipstein barr virus. ( sorry for the spelling but I am too tired to think straight!) it came ... It went!
I still have no answers! Sorry!
|

replied May 14th, 2011
heat sensation in leg
I had mono on and off for months and I believe it has developed into chronic fatigue syndrome. Last Sunday, I was in a car accident in which my foot and leg were slightly crushed. No broken bones, just extreme bruising. About 4 days later, I began having a heat sensation where the injuries occurred (almost like a liquid is running through my calf). It doesn't hurt, just is hot and feels strange. I am going to the doctor next week to check it out. That is interesting that you were told it has something to do with stress/ fatigue and that virus bc its the same virus that causes Mononucleosis
|

replied February 1st, 2012
Liquid like burning sensation in legs
heat sensation in leg...this sounds a lot like me! I have had chronic fatigue...like sleeping sometime 12-18hrs in a day other strange things...fingers burning and can't stay on laptop for long makes it worse..also the cellphone. I haven't had the liquid feeling in my legs until recently. My diagnosis so far narcolepsy with an underlines medical condition...daaaah!
|

replied March 19th, 2012
heat in leg
I just had that heat feeling in my right calf. Never had it before but do have Epstein barr.If it comes back I will get checked. So glad I'm not alone. But wondering if it's not nevers. Got in car wreck last week and two of my dogs are sick(old age). But I really don't think thats it,never had heat with stress. Want to take asprin but afaid after reading someone post. I'm 46 years old, female.
|

replied March 19th, 2012
heat in leg
I just had that heat feeling in my right calf. Never had it before but do have Epstein barr.If it comes back I will get checked. So glad I'm not alone. But wondering if it's not nevers. Got in car wreck last week and two of my dogs are sick(old age). But I really don't think thats it,never had heat with stress. Want to take asprin but afaid after reading someone post. I'm 46 years old, female.
|
Quick Reply