Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Flu-like Symptoms And Ovulating?

Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....
Every month around the same time I start to feel really achy and flu-like. It only lasts for 2-3 days. I have been to the doctor and their response is that I am just run down. I am starting to wonder if it has anything to do with ovulating. I know weird things happen to some people when they ovulate, but could this be a symptom as well? I have had mittleschmitz ( spelling) which is a condition when you actually feel yourself ovulating. Anyone have this problem? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
About every two or three months, I can feel myself ovulating also. I don't get too achy. I just get pain in my lower abdomen. I was afraid it was appendicitis (spelling?) at first. What you are feeling could very well be from that. Hope that helps a little.
|

replied April 28th, 2009
Flu and ovulation
I am so glad to hear that I am not alone. I have thought that I am coming down with something (Flu) around the time of ov all of my adult life. Some months are worse than others.
|

replied June 14th, 2009
ovulation and flu-like symptoms/low ab cramping
I had my mirena removed about 1 month ago. during the first ovulation, I had 2-3 days of tired and run down feelings, along with cramping in my lower abs/above pubis. Made me think conception had occurred...with no luck. I had never felt these things before. our bodies are definitely confusing sometimes.
|

replied June 17th, 2009
flu like symptoms a sign of ovulation
Ihave the same thing we are TTC and I've been tracking every month and it seems a I have flu like symptoms at CD 17 till about CD 20 which is when I should ovulate.
|

replied March 16th, 2010
glad to know I'm not alone
I have the same thing almost every month I get flu like symptoms when I ovulate, its an awful feeling I wonder if the pill will help since we weill not ovulate on it.
|

replied March 24th, 2010
I'm in the same boat. Twice, these symptoms made me believe that I am pregnant. I get really tired, short of breath, a slight pulling sensation above the pubic area, etc. It seemed like it skipped a month or two and happened the following month. The first time, mine lasted about a few days...and right now I'm experiencing it again.
|