Hey there, iâm new on here and kinda need some helpâ¦
basically me and my family have come to the conclusion that my boyfriend is going through some problems, and I donât think he realises that he may have a disorder of some kind? I know there are a few topics on this but I just have to make sure..
Ok he believes/thinks that:
- everyone is âtwistedâ and canât be trusted. He can tell whether or not someone is evil just by looking at them for 2 seconds. By looking into peopleâs eyes can see what theyâre like, theyâre eyes are like a deep hole, or looking down whilst stood on the edge of a cliff.
- he was born to help people, take away the pain and suffering of the world, heal people who are âmessed upâ and have problems, just by wrapping himself around them but not literally, with what he explained to be maybe his spirit or wings.. That there is a line: people who are born good on one side, people who were born purely evil the other, then the balanced in the middle. He believes he is on the good side. He thinks about this every night, and suffers from lack of sleep.
- when he looks in the mirror it doesnât feel as if itâs himself staring back.
- sometimes finds it hard to make conversation with me, and will just say heâs ok just in deep thought but looks withdrawn and as if heâs daydreaming?
- thinks I deserve better, iâm too good for him, and he canât see why I like him.
- sometimes heâs really affectionate and can be possessive and obsessive, and then he changes and puts me down making feel stupid, and becomes withdrawn.
- he has this reoccurring vision or something along those lines, and has really bad dreams that he wonât describe to me but says they arenât nightmares.
Thatâs about it, well what I know of.
I donât know what it could be, but I thought it may be something along the lines of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder; they seem pretty similar to me from what iâve read? Itâs a bit long but some help would be awesome and well appreciated.
To me it sounds like bipolar..You should try to help him and make him trust you and then he'll talk to you because we usually don't trust anybody and it is very hard to talk to someone about these things because we think that you won't understand what we're going through.And when he starts trusting you ggo and talk to a psychiatrist.
If you are a christian then repent that you have failed to see your husband does not understand deception the way we normal people do. His "evil" half is not, quite the opposite. His "sickness" is that he lives in a world full of "normal" people who from childhood he saw say one thing and do another, that is deception. Because he would be treted negatively when he would point it out (after all we normal people will say it was not meant that way) but if you look honestly at the words spoken they have the literal meaning your husband takes. Becasuse he is born with sz he has always thought that way and just learned to hide it from us "normal" people who will just tell him he is wrong, or "mentally ill". He does not share his true thoughts and feelings because he fears he will be punished. The sz's and others who see the truth will be the multitude spoken of in revelations.
You better change is belief system before he commits suicide. He will probably think he will have special powers if he is dead. You can snap him out of it by gaining his trust or even lie to get it. Make up something like you saw an angel tell you something.
You claim to be a christian, yet if you treated him with christ like love, he would not be sick. My girlfriend was diagnosed shortly after we were together, and she is fine now with no meds. You grow impatient with him, or angry when he seems to be acting selfish, this is why he can not share what is really going on.
you dont know me or the depth of my love. I love him more than he's ever been loved. Forgive him over and over when he treats me bad for no reason. Just becuz he's pushing me away--cuz he dont think he deserves me. And for his talking to me--he has opened up to me more than any one ever. He takes no medication, my whole church has prayed for him.
Maybe he just dont receive the annointing from god when it is sent to him. Or if he does--he refuses to let go of "his way of thinking"--then god cant help him anyway.
I just wanted to comment that I dated a guy a lot like that once. He had adhd and also, what he termed an "ed" (emotional disorder), though i'm not sure which one in particular. It definitely sounds like he should speak to a psychologist/ psychiatrist, but I think jumping to the conclusion of schizophrenia or bi-polar is a bit too premature. Just my opinion.
Im 17 and am really confused. I know I have social anxiety,low self esteem,manic deppreasion and possibly a eating disorders as I am goin 2 see a diet trishion soon but im worried I could be schizophrenic because of the amount of cannibiss I have smoked and now I cant trust any1 I feel like my family and friends r against me conspiring even my doctors in on it. Ive been comeing more and more paranoid and am now out of work cause of it. Its driveing me insane I have loads of the symptoms but am still unsure and ive heard that family,friends and doctors dont tell schizophrenics that they r and it can be made worse by finding out but really need help finding out as I cant even sit wiv friends without being paranoid or thinking that they r saying things about me which might just be miss understanding them. I dont really hear vioces but I have always known sumthing was different about me but nobody would tell me I just keep drifting off in2 a world of my own and have been selfharming even worse 8tly wiv needing stitches I litterly find it a struggle 2go out of my house anymore and even my old friends r starting 2 say things bout me like ive turned in2 a retard or im crazy. And ova the past years it has started 2 lead 2 me abuseing alchol and drugs more as its the only way I can cope with wots goin on inside my head. I feel like every1 is against me and wants me dead.