Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Twitches And Jerks (Page 1)

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Anyone get this????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 16th, 2005
Experienced User
Are you taking anti deppressants or recently stop taking them? Twitching is a side effect that is more common than you would think.
|

replied July 19th, 2005
Experienced User
Re
You're probably ok, it's probably from lack of sleep.
|

replied July 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
I get the twitches and small pains. It can be scary.
|

replied July 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
Ive had tweitches before but I never really got them alot
|

replied July 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
A fear of losing your mind and not remembering stuff as good as u used to is a anxiety symptom. Whats ms anyway??
|

replied July 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Ms has all the symptoms I have all this is p*ssing me off lol...Twitches and jerks has nothing to do with anxiety and stress has it???
|

replied July 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
What scans u had?? Ct?? Mri?
|

replied July 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Your fine bigman, twitches are from nervousness and being uptight all the time.
|

replied July 27th, 2005
Hey
Hi I hve an anxiety disorder and depression. At the moment I can hardly sleep, which is really bothering me. Ive also noticed that I get a lot of muscle spasms/twitching and sometimes I cant stop shaking. Once I even got stared at coz my arm would not stop shaking and I was so embarrased :oops: I have stomach troubles and constantly feel lethargic, panicky and trembly. I hate feeling like this and I dont know what to do. :(
|

replied July 27th, 2005
I get twitches and jerks all the time. I have post traumatic stress disorder, anxiety disorder and also have labyrinthitus which causes nausea, vertigo etc etc.. When the !**@! hits the fan it really does.. Haha..
|

replied July 28th, 2005
I hate it!! I wake up in the night to feel my arm going crazy n continually shaking..Longest its lsted has 2 be about 5 mins. I get it when im not doin anything, like if im sitting down, sleeping etc. Sometimes its painful but its also embarrasing coz I cant stop it. I dont really know why I get it, I spose it could be linked to stress. I also get this horrible crawling sensation and my muscles ache a lot :(
|

replied July 28th, 2005
So should I tell my doctor about it? I usually try to ignore it and I just think its where I have anxiety problems and have panic attacks :?
Why are you scared of them? I mean...There not serious are they? Though they do hurt me :cry:
|

replied July 28th, 2005
:(
I hate going to the doctors but I will go, they suspect I have fibromalaygia whatever that is :(
|

replied August 1st, 2005
Hey

i get sketched out when I feel anxious, and have little ticks and things. But, just as a warning, you may be on too much medication (if you're on medication at all) -- you should talk to your doctor. I know that when I was on too much prozac (and when I was on paxil) my dosage was too high, and started to affect my nervous system. My doctor told me that being kept at too high of a dose of meds would have possibly eventually caused a stroke. Something to keep in mind. I was twitchy, restless, and anxious, and my heart would race sometimes.

Or it could just be natural symptom of an anxiety disorder -- I guess you have to listen to your body. I'd suggest talking to your doctor though, just in case.
|

replied August 1st, 2005
Experienced User
I just started prozac but !**@! that now
|

replied August 8th, 2005
Experienced User
It happened to me when I got off wellbutrin and adderall... I had also started drinking a lot and had trouble sleeping. If you drink or stay up for 2 days that could have been why. They suck but probably aren't serious unless you've been on speed your whole life or a raging alcoholic...
|

replied August 11th, 2005
Ive just realoised I have gad, I get these twitches sometimes, not major, but suddenly my foot will twitch or my finger, or something, its to do with the stress and anxiety, trust me you are fine
|

replied August 12th, 2005
Experienced User
Most people have a twitch or jerk once and a while. If it ain't happening everyday, don't worry about it. If it is, you are probably dying. Joking, I have to say that because some slow retards don't get when you are kidding.... Anywho, sedatives help. Ask for something from your doctor if you have them often. And gazza_man, you are a hypochondriac. Not trying to be an ass even though I am one, but you are. You have put too many posts on here about stuff that every person goes through. You are like tweak from southpark, so calm down, drink a few bottles of wine and pop bottle of xanax and you will feel groovy!

"thrill me" - night of the creeps
|

replied February 14th, 2006
I've been having tremors where my whole arm and shoulder shakes uncontrollably. I also have tremors in my leg and troso sometimes. I also have tingling, numbness, pains, spasms and burning sensations all over my body. Doc says its stress. I'm 18 and a college student. I don't think i'm that stressed and i'm also a very laid back person what do you all think.
|
12 >>