Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I Feel Alone. (Page 1)

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I don't know what to do anymore with my life.

No matter how hard I try to better it, it always takes every turn for the worse.

The last year of my life has been hell. I was in love, and we broke up, and i've been unable to move on. I've tried to replace him, to forget about him and i, but it doesn't work. He and I are still very close-probably one of two of best friends that I have... He's moved on, with another girl, and it's upsetting.

I wanted to be an emt, and I took the test 2 times, after going to school for it, investing a ton of money in it, and I failed, both times.

I have applied everywhere and no one will hire me. I can't figure out why either.

I have no money.

My family is unsupportive-and completely different than I am. They make fun of me, and talk bad toward me, constantly. They don't like anything i'm doing with my life...

My uncle died yesterday. I don't know how to feel about this.

Everything keeps piling up, and I cannot do anything about it.

I've lost faith in people, by finding out that they are unreliable. I have lost trust in all but 3 people.

I don't have anyone I can really talk to. Most people are just waiting for their chance to talk.

I cry a lot these days.

I just feel alone.

I know that life is up and down, and that we have to accept that.

But it's gotten to a point where i'm so far in a hole that I can no longer see the light...

I don't know what to do anymore.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper zbuttrflyzz
|

replied July 16th, 2005
Re: I Feel Alone.
It is at times like these, when we must dig deep into the inner most part of our resolve, and our will! We all have been where you are now, I have been there many times, and then some. I totally understand how you feel, the desperation, and lonliness. What you must do now, is succeed, set aside all else, and clear a path for yourself, and go for the most incredible dream of your life! What has happened in the past, will remain there, it is up to you to carve your future. You have it in you, you just don't know it now, everything is blurred by the pain, and depression. But remember my friend, you are stronger than you think, and it is never too late to turn it all around! Good luck, and get going with life, start to do things again. Take little steps at first...There is a chinese saying that goes..."fall 7 times, stand up 8."....
|
Users who thank ashez for this post: golsa  Reenie2586  Reenie2586 

replied July 20th, 2005
Experienced User
We all need to suffer now and again in life for use to have out emotions in check.
It's hard during the time, but always remember that it is a phase and things can only get better.
|

replied August 18th, 2006
I Know
I'm so sorry you feel this way, or felt this way. I know it's been a month. I hope you are doing well now, and I just wanted to say that when you are down like this again, overwhelmed and with no clear path, try to only come up with one small step you can take to get yourself out of it. It may just be getting out of bed, or making a simple phone call, or just going outside. The next small step is always in front of us, and that's all you need to do.
My mother suffered through depression all of her life. She is epileptic as well. She's been raped four different times, by four different men, cheated on by her husband numerous times and finally he left her. (this is my father) she lost both of her parents 6 months apart from each other, and then had ect therapy, lost her short-term memory and had to be told her parents died, and grieve for them all over again.
Please post again, if you need to talk. Best wishes to you.
|

replied August 15th, 2007
Please...
Be ok. I know it's ridiculus to say this right now... I don't know you but if i were you, (cause im just like you, i depend on other's love) I would need a hug, and even though I cannot hug you recieve the deepest hug from the bottom of my heart.
|
Users who thank alessa1235 for this post: cryyycryyycryyy  whybother 

replied November 1st, 2008
I understand how you feel
I understand how you feel, I do feel the same...
I feel so alone, noone to talk to, invisible to the world...dunno what to do with my life either... want to stop suffering... I can't more.
I am here if you wanna talk
kiss ya Smile
|

replied November 6th, 2008
omg you guys think alot like me its scary i just feel like i got friends here and its weird. you guys should read on my other topic in depression. i just dont care
something like that
please reply
|

User Profile
replied November 8th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Take a rest, be calm. You will surely overcome that. I know what's like to be left behind and what's like to lose a relative (I just lost my father...).
But life goes on and you'll go on with it.
Feel free to contact me whenever you want to... *
|

replied January 23rd, 2009
im feeling the same
its funny im in a similair situation
at the moment. everyday i think about
taking my own life. this past year has sucked
i flunked out of a shitty little college.
have no job. was in a rap group with my friend
that failed and broke apart. because we lost
touch. i have no prospects i'm 20 years old living
with my parents have no girl friend no real friends.

my dreams are shattered and completely broken.
3 relatives in my family have died in the past
year. i've let myself go and have gained alot
of weight.

daily i think about taking my own life.
|

replied October 31st, 2011
Dont take your Life!! Find It!
Dont do it!! That is what the prince of darkness want's to steal, kill, and destroy all that god has put deep inside you.. I too am having my own battles alot of spiritual ones.. becasue its a battlefield of the mind!Take a minute remember you were born naked and alone we will all die some day but all the things here will be left behind so we can move to a better place if we fight the good fight! When we are empty and broken that is the place where there is not pride.. and we usually need someone and I know God has helped me thru some pretty crazy hurtful and painful places. He is the sorce of my strength even though the feelings are there we have to live past just feelings..We have to grasp the inner person we are and try to figure out what our worth is without people and stuff to make us FEEL like we are Something..We are a Gift to others.. like here.. I do not kow you from adam.. and I am here for the first time looking for answers for my loss of mom and dad, getting older and been thru alot!! you name It! I just know I am here to help myself and mabe someone who could use a bit of advice as I will be looking for my own as well as trying to take my own. My Life is mine no one else is me and no one can make me how I am except me. Yeah the world has alot to offer but alot of folks have everything and are still miserable. Ask the good lord to direct your path and to show you the way but it also takes work on your part. Lazy gets you no where only more depressed. Blessings to you all. Life is what we put into it and expect nothing in return be as positive as possible and if you want to read a good book get Battle field of the mind! or Purpose driven Life they really can be a friend when you are alone just like god he is there waiting for you to ask him in he wont force you its a choice. live or die we all have to face him.. LiVe!
|

replied January 2nd, 2012
Taking your own life is not a solution to solve all your problems.You're just going through a bad period but all of us have had problems.Try to talk with persons you have faith in,they can help you to reopen your eyes and get an answer for all your questions. Just don't give up!Everyone has a friend who cares about us, you just have to trust in you and be strong. Never forget that your life is the most important thing you have, just forget,forgive,live,laugh and love. Best wishes. We're supporting you!
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2009
redone
Redone:
Welcome to the forum. I hope you can find here something more than what you find outside, at least.
Things can change for you as they started to change for me as well, but you have to hope and to pursue carrying on. Can you do it? With help, perhaps? Smile
|

replied January 26th, 2009
ruby
i feel same way as you guy...i thought 2008 would end i will start my new year with lots of joy but it seems that i am wrong...i keep searching for happiness and cant get....everyone i talk to are immature cant have a decent conversation....i am searching for friends that i could talk to that are mature and feel like me ...very depressed anyone wants to talk to me.
maybe by chatting we will get over depression!!!! let hope for the best
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2009
You'll find it. Really, you will.
|

replied February 20th, 2009
im with u
u know u just remembre me of my self..i fell so lost to ;some how its just defficult to accept that i have no other chance..but yes ..the truth is that as long as u r livung there is no way to quit u just have to admet that u r sad u r alone and u r gonna bet ir life is no place for broken heart like urs i just hope that one ay i'll fnd sombody like u .who is ready to love and sacrifice it al ..i do like ur montalite i realy do y the wy sorry for my bad eglish im not that good in making words shny but i do understand u more than any of thos who have comment this im rachid and my heart is broken too and am also so sad and lonly bt im too busy to surrender for those felling.
|

replied February 20th, 2009
Experienced User
Folks,
It is a bit scary, but also reassuring that we all have similar thoughts. All of at some point or points in our lives are going to experience heartache, loss, fear, anxiety, etc., but I believe it is how we stand up to this and move on that really shows the content of our character.
Take care,
Wendy
|

replied March 2nd, 2009
Its funny, cause I always think that I am a go getter guy, but as of late...I have been feeling really alone and depressed and I don't know if its because of what is going on around me or how i've kind of seperated myself from my friends, but I can't seem to do anytihng anymore...just recently I have graduated college and moved to somewhere that I thought was going to be my shining moment but it really just has been pulling me down. I dont know if its the small fish in a big pond thing. But I did leave my girlfriend behind. She has a 2 years left of college and I thought we would try get my career going before she got out. And now I am finding myself coming back to where I went to college to be with her, but I still feel alone. Either because its been 6 months since I graduated and I feel out of the loop or I just have no idea what to except.

I have a list of things I want to get done. But I can't even get myself close to doing it. And I hate watching t.v...I hate going out...I just can't get myself to do anything.

I always ask myself 'Is life ever going to get better?' I may be young but I honestly want to see what my parents saw when they were my age with all this debt and no where to run to.

Sorry, I had to get this off my chest and I figured this would be the best place to do it...

Soooo in other words, your not alone.
|

replied October 12th, 2012
Dont worry i feel like that too..my work my family it seems everything is worth less and i dont find enjoyment in anything...
|

replied April 21st, 2009
Life is suffering, to live is to suffer, though this is hard to accept i think that it is somewhat comforting to realize that we all suffer and so we suffer together. You are not alone. none of us are alone just without empathy. If someone tells you that they have no fears or that they are totaly 100% happy they are lyeing to you. It is human to suffer but atleast we suffer together.
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2009
Supporter
your not the only one
your not seasonal depressed your clinically depressed. I am the same way feel lost, always depressed, rotten family, hardly any friends. i left my abusive boyfriend two years ago, i left the states...i left all my furniture, clothes, computer...etc. i felt like that was the best thing. i dont love him or miss him but it threw me into a deep depression so i went to see a therapist and i was taking prozac. it's not good to wake up feeling that way everyday. you need a support group, surround yourself with positive friends, go to church, never stay in the house by yourself all the time, and try st.johns worth it's suppose to boost your serotonin, write in a journal about your feelings, do things you like, keep up your hobbies, treat yourself take a bubble bath with music, pamper yourself when you feel this way.
|
Users who thank starship33 for this post: Blankrj1 

replied April 23rd, 2009
7 days a week ordeal
I felt like my life has stopped. There was nothing to cheer me up. I tried to convince myself that I have it all - family, job, friends. But every morning I felt that I would like not to wake up. What helped me was acupuncture and chinese herbs. I only took 2 sessions so far but I feel more energized than when I was 10.
Maybe Chinese medicine can help others.
Thanks.
|

replied May 6th, 2009
me too
I completely feel this way. I recently got another chance to be with my ex who i still love, but the girl who took him from me is trying to get him back, and he broke ties with me yesterday, and now all my friends are turning on me because of things she's saying. the few people I have left are too busy or are in other states at college. I'm so miserable that I dont know what to do and my work life is suffering. I'm so lonely that I feel like crying all the time. I just want somebody to be there for me no matter what. Is that really so much to ask? My heart hurts so badly =(
|

replied May 18th, 2009
I have similar issues
Early in my childhood I lost my mother and was moved away from all of my family with my dad on business only years after. I had little supervision growing up and got my self into a lot of trouble. I have abused drugs and alcohol for the majority of my adolescence. I was a very angry and depressed young person. I went to Jail for four months on charges of 3 DUI's and a class 6 endangerment felony. My ex fiance just recently left me and it has been very hard. I too have been in the deep part of depression where thoughts of suicide come into my mind. It seems like nothing gets better, but the best remedy for me and many others is keeping busy improving yourself in every way you can. The most important thing a person can do I think is to think about what it is they want the most out of life. Think about what you have always dreamed of being and pursue it. Let nothing get in the way of your pursuit of your dreams and goals. Love will come again, but now is the perfect time for self improvement and taking control of your emotions, yourself, and your path in life. The worst and most unhealthy thing you can do is sit around thinking about negative things. Happiness is a decision and it's an individuals job to reach deep down inside themselves and figure out what will make them most happy in life, and then pursue it full force. Get active, eat healthy, get a gym membership, go running, go hiking, go back to school. Do whatever it is you want to do.

I am close my savior Jesus Christ and when things of this sort get me in a rut I turn to the lord. This has been the foundation for my life and every time something bad happens to me I have had such a strong ground to stand on that things no matter how tragic and difficult they are they can always be overcome through the strength of God. There are a lot of people that don't believe in God and Jesus as their savior. I believe and give testimony to Jesus dying for our sins and know that within the holy scriptures you can seek and find answers to you prayers and problems. If you think religion is a joke, I want to challenge anyone to read the scriptures, ask god if they are true and to show them a sign. I guarantee you will receive revelation. Don't knock, be open, give it a try and if it doesn't work after a fair try at least you know you gave it a shot. LDS.org
|

replied May 3rd, 2011
FEEL EVERY DAY FULL OF HOPE

The enemy of your soul waits and listens for your desperation. When you are the most discouraged and can no longer see or feel what hope looks like, the enemy pounces on your confidence, shreds your dreams, and casts doubt over your ability to find the peace and happiness you are seeking.

When you feel alone and give up hope, you give in to the temptation to quit, to surrender, and to just stop trying. There are many reasons why many of us choose to give up. We either run out of time and energy or we just can’t feel the sadness beginning to slip away.

The day you choose to give up hope, will be the day before you find it, but you would never know it. The enemy will win. Instead, remember everyday is full of hope. The sun does indeed rise on His time each morning as a reminder of the life we have before us.

We are given the gift of a new day to tell us there is now light in place of darkness. The sun’s warmth will provide fuel for our spirit if we allow its energy to enter our body and rekindle our heart. No matter how painful the sadness or loneliness is in your life; hope is your companion and will walk beside you throughout the journey – no matter how long it takes.
|