Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Sometimes It Hurts When I Have Sex.

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Sometimes when me and my boyfriend have sex it hurts. Hes on the bigger side, about 8 or so inches, and it feels like sometimes it hits my wall and when it does it hurts. Is this normal? Can it do damage? Is there any way to avoid it or make it less painful?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile sandyallen
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Hi there! Use lots of lubrication and foreplay(sp), also let him know to take it easy and try different positions but lubrication is very important, as he can tare(sp) you!
Always
sandy
|

replied July 15th, 2005
We always use lubricaiton, that is not the problem. It feels like he hits my wall or cervix or something. And it only happens in certain positions maybe he just goes in too deep.
|

replied July 21st, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I have exactly the same problem with my husband. I would suggest just finding positions that you are comfortable with. The position I most enjoy is doggystyle but when we do it I have to keep my lower half on the bed. I guess you would call it more rear entry. Another one I like is when I am on my side he thrust in. Vibrators and a lot of clit stimulation will really help you achieve an orgasm as well. Some I would suggest staying away from are when he lifts your legs up and holds them on his shoulders (that one hurts like a !**@!) and anything where he thrusts hard while he is deep inside you. And if he bends you over the bed tell him he justs have to go slow.

I know that pain too, I try to describe it to my husband as what I imagine it feels like to get a shot to the balls, I hate the feeling in my stomach when it happens as well good luck. I think its a lot of trial and error until you figure out what works for you
|

replied July 21st, 2005
Experienced User
Try you on the bottom and tell him not to go in very deep. Keep your legs wrapped around his legs,or your feet flat on the bed. Putting them up higher or behind his shoulders will hurt. Also try you on top but only go as deep as you want.
|

replied July 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
I heard sometimes it can hurt more when your ovulating. Sometimes it does hurt so we have to change positions. Also it helps to have him start slow. Also being on top helps because you are in control of how far in he goes and how fast or hard.
|

replied April 28th, 2009
i have the same problem..sort of. my boyfriend does have a big penis, but it never used to hurt. i used to love him going deep. we had a few accidents 2 or so weeks ago and now he cant go deep at all. could i be prego? I got my period a day or two after the mis-hap but it only lasted like 4 days. When would be the best time to take a test. should i wait until i miss my period or ??
|

replied December 12th, 2011
I know this is very old but I have this exact same issue it feels like my husband is hitting my ovaries. Does any one know if this will affect my ability to get pregnant ? I'm trying to concieve
|
Quick Reply