Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Panic Attacks At Night.

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
When I go to bed if I hear something like a buzz or someone walking upstairs or if I am scard and imagine things I freak out and think someone is in my house so I go in my parents room and sleep on the floor. It dosnt happen often normally when I think about a scary movie I watched, is this normal?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 14th, 2005
Experienced User
How old are you? Wold be best if you went back to your own bed later
|

replied July 14th, 2005
My Wife Suffers From This Time-to-time
My wife gets this sometimes when she hears something on the news thats disturbing or watches a scary movie. She feels like she cant breath and starts to freak out. Her doctor awhile back, prescribe relaxens but I suggested her not to use them because she may become depended on them.

The last time she felt this way was few weeks ago when we were away during our family vacation. I learned about breathing exercises on how they can help one relax. It actually worked and within 5+ minutes she felt calm and stupid because she knew her fears are not real but only presumed to be real.

Here's how it works. It should be practiced a few times before an attack occurs, so you kind of get use to it. Breath in for about 5-7 seconds, hold your breath for about 4 times that (20-28 seconds), then exhale 10-14 seconds. The rule of thumb is, breath in one part, hold breath 4 parts, exhale 2 parts. Do this exercise 10 times. Its guarantee to work.
|

replied January 24th, 2010
Xanax helps immediately at the onset of a panic attack. It calms me down. I only take it once or twice a week when needed. Talk to your doctor for prescription. I buy it online from medsheaven.com and it helps.
|