Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Lazy Eye Surgury

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
Hi everyone.

Ok well here we go....When I was 3-4 I was diagnosed with having lazy eye (turning outward- exotropia) and was patched on the said eye...Now being 4 years old and getting asked every second of everyday "whats wrong with your eye...You look silly etc..." I didnt likewearing them and took them off for sports or peeked over the top of the glasses for studying so I had to have surgury...This worked great iuntil I was 18 years old and then it reverted back outward.... This caused me to me a recluse and not want to meet anybody and thus slumped into severe depression....Even the ormand street hospital in london said another op was a waste of time (great help they were) but at age 23 a wonderful lady in my local sussex hospital said it was not a problem at all and (after much asking) I managed to get my op day fowarded 4 months and the op was a complete success... Since this my confidence soared, I married a woman I met a few days before the op 6 months after and now we live in japan with two beautiful daughters.

Now my question is this...Everyday I look in the mirror and am scared that I will wake up one day and my eye will turn out again or worse..Am I on borrowed time here..Do I only have a limited time to enjoy this cosmetic look...Or is there a chance it will last out with me? I'm 28 years old now

should I be doing eye excercises?

I feel so stressed about this as my job involves meeting lots of people everyday and I sometimes model for magazines and tv commercials here.

My eye does get very red after ive had a sleep but it is stable.

Can someone give me an idea of how long correction surgury can last in adults?Can it be perminent?

Sorry to ramble on a bit?

Thank you to all who read this.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper vitalize
|

replied April 22nd, 2009
eyes
my daughter has a turn in her eye which could result in surgery. could you tell me what you look for so i can find imformation.Thanks
|
Did you find this post helpful?