Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Super Increased Sex Drive On Adderall (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Has anyone who has taken adderall experienced this? I started taking it about a week and a half ago and can literally have an orgasm just sitting in a chair now! Not wiggling not moving or anything. . .They just happen. Not quite as frequently as when I initially started taking it (the first two days it was non stop) but it's still enough to drive my husband nuts and before I was the one telling him to back off a little. Everything i've read on the medication (literature) suggests that I should be feeling the exact opposite but that's so not the case. I'm wondering if i'm just the exception to the norm. It's getting to the point where it's no longer a welcome feeling. I have the libido of ten 20 year old men all of a sudden and don't know what to do with it!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper nemnock
|

replied July 20th, 2005
Increased Sex Drive On Adderall
I didn't really enjoy sex until I started taking adderall so no you're not the only person to have this side effect. Luckily, i'm still young so my boyfriend is very happy about it.
My doctor, who prescribes the med, says it's because of one of the chemicals produced by the med that is present in the body. So probably those who notice a decrease in their sex life are receiving too much of this chemical while we didn't produce enough of it naturally.
This does not mean that it is not the right medication, thank god.

I was beginning to wonder if anyone else had experienced this though.
|

replied March 7th, 2012
I've been on it for 3 weeks now and experienced intense increased sex drive also. Yet it takes me longer to orgasm and my actual orgasms are less intense---they used to be almost multi-dimensional. This is a slight annoyance at this point since the effects of adderol are helping so many other aspects of my life.
|

replied April 27th, 2013
I would have to agree with you "suratsomethinga". I have been on Adderall for two months now and have the urge to relieve myself daily and constantly. And it too takes me longer and they are less intense but the urge is there like an adolescent boy!
|

replied July 29th, 2005
Adderall Sex
I've been taking it for over two years and adderall has made my already intense sexuality something now almost overwhelming. I'm not complaining at all. I'm very sexual to begin with and the medicine has enhanced the drive, the performance and mostly the extent of the sexual fuel as in the fantasies. I've been kinky all of my life but adderall has seemed to just given the kink some rocket fuel.
I'm luckily involved with people who are usually as focused on the sexuality as I am...But I also masturbate a lot and enjoy that even when i'm not doing it because i'm "dateless"
i channel the darkness into mostly creative art and writing and I also explore sexual psychology to understand that my fetishes aren't indications i'm a deviant...I'm simply more in touch than most of us get
adderall otherwise has made me explore who I am..And I like being that person..
Don't feel alarmed the adderall is making you something you're not..Quite contrary I think it makes us have a chance to actually be who we are
|

replied August 3rd, 2005
Adderall And Increased Sex Drive
Yes, yes, yes -- I too thought I was the only one with a seriously increased sex drive that coincided with taking adderall. Although the guy i'm seeing doesn't mind my appetite (even though he doesn't know it comes from a pill), there are times I feel strange for wanting sex as much as or more than he does. I'm just glad to know that there are other people whose libido has spiked the way mine has...I can only hope that if I am still on this drug for an extended amount of time, it won't numb my sex drive in the long run.
|

replied October 29th, 2005
Just wanting to comment on the sex drive subject. Like alot of things pertaining to adderall it will do one thing for someone and totally the opposite for the other, but it does indeed change sex drive from one end to the spectrum for some and back for the others.

Some people wont like sex when not on adderall and therefore become numb to it. It is more of a state of mind than a chemical change that brings this about.

I say this in many of my post but I am going to say it again. Be careful how you use adderall, you should not base your operation around it.

Some of you will be like ok what this guy is calling everyone an addict lol.No, I am just stating the very obvious that alot of people whose post I read are at high risk of substance abuse or already are abusing.

True story.
|

replied October 19th, 2007
Who You Really Are?
I wonder as your persception could be off taking the drug? My DH used to be sensitive caring but shy. He is now emotionless except for anger outbursts. At first it helped his social anxiety but now he just sits in front of the computer. He used to love the small stuff, but now doesn't even notice. I understand that you want to be better, but is being better really being you? just my 2 cents....
|

replied May 8th, 2011
I think this person needs to be on a different med. Adderall should be switched if it causes this much a personality change. I was ADHD as a kid and took ritalin, that was a ride -- no appetite, too much energy (at least it seemed that way to me, my parents said it slowed me down) and huge temper outburts (although looking back I think that was just my emotional immaturity, and the fact that I was actually adhd AND undiagnosed BiPolar).

When they took me off at puberty, I blew up weight wise and became an introvert and VERY shy. I couldn't even talk to women and even had trouble thinking about women I met and knew in a sexual way.

Then I was diagnosed BiPolar, and started taking a mood leveler, depokote. and my sexual appetite increased expontentially. Unfortunately, my shyness and my teenage lack of building social skills for communicating with women makes it hard for me to approach them and even interact with them in anything but a professional or light freindly manner.

But Now when I take adderall I have a normal appetite and can control my anger (I'm usually going through a manic or depressive episode before I go through a temper outburst).

Your DH should talk to his doctor and see if there is an alternate med he could switch to...
|

replied October 14th, 2011
solutions..
Hi
It is good to know it has worked out great for you.
As for your psychological aspects, I would respectfully advice you to visit a psychologist or the like that can do some sort of regresion and hypnotherapy, it really does help, and you might be able to overcome shyness and other inadequate feelings.
I can give you more information if you like.

if you are interested in writing , please send me an answer via this blog, and i will send my email..

best of luck
|

replied September 30th, 2012
Whoever prescribed him adderall for social anxiety should have their medical license reviewed. That is not what adderall is for, unless he is ADHD or narcoleptic. For social anxiety you're given a stimulant to someone who is already anxious is a bad call. They should have given him an SSRI to help him be calm. The side effect of anger outbursts is he probably now is over stimulated.
|

replied June 9th, 2013
Sorry, but prescribing adderall for social anxiety IS an "off label" application of the med. it almost completely erased my social anxiety where SSRIs failed
|

replied April 20th, 2008
enhanced sex on adderall
This really intrigues me... I have searched all over for other experiences regarding sex and taking adderall. My gf and I both have scripts for xr... I've noticed that when taking adderall my sex drive is enhanced not only in that I want to have sex more, but I need the sex to be more intense and I guess for lack of a better word... kinky or just out of the ordinary. We've had nights where we have litterally had sex until 5-6am. I find that my erections are stronger... even though I don't have any problems there anyway. Something else that is interesting and worth noting is that while we are able to have sex for insane amounts of time... I am also able to ejaculate multiple times without actually having an orgasm. It is weird and at first we had no idea what was happening. We would be having sex and all of a sudden things would get super wet, but I didn't have an orgasm and it wasn't the same kind of wet that happens when she has one. We actually like it like that, but it is something that got our attention and were wondering why this happens. I would worry about it if I was a guy and my gf wasn't on birth control. Also, ejaculation at the end of the night is intense and much stronger with more fluid than normal.
|

replied May 19th, 2012
I have the same story too. Sad
|

replied May 8th, 2008
Ok
I'm sick of hearing and reading about what people are saying about adderall. SHUT THE FRIK UP all of you! its a prescription medication for psychological disorders. its not some rave drug. gah daing. just because youve heard of "few" people abusing it and going off the top with it doesnt mean thats what it's purpose is! jeez! a medication is a medication, its not anyone's business except the prescribed person's. im serious, ive taken this med for years, i havent experienced any of the crud you guys are saying about it, all of the med bashing yall are doing is mainly out of spite and really bad assumptions and it kind of sounds like maybe yall have some kind of hypochondriac issues towards certain meds. every type of med has some media hype on it. adderall has a lot because its a class II controlled substance, big frreekinging deal. if schitzophrenia or diabetes or arthritis medications had CII written on its label they would probably have the same med bashing hype like adderall does, but it doesnt mean the meds are bad, its just that people are very negative and like to 'hate' on things they dont know too much about. stop hating and bashing these medications. just because the word amphetamine has a very miniscule irrelevant background and/or history does not mean anything, adderall is ONLY derived from amphetamines.. its not meth and its not something to get high off of and it doesnt destroy everyone's life. so shut up and if you want to bash on something how about you get all the facts and stop blurting out your useless opinions and stop trying to "scare" everyone.
|

replied October 20th, 2011
You probably haven't experienced any of it because "you need it" when people take adderall that don't have add it acts very similar to meth. It's a stimulant. That's a fact. I'm not sure if you just don't get out much or what.. I know a lot of people getting high off adderall.. its just a different high. Your ignorance is disgusting. Think people don't abuse vicoden either?
|
Users who thank shawna19 for this post: kimjong 

replied December 19th, 2011
haha! Thank you for realizing the blatant ignorance "jennifer" is spewing. Also- who "bashed" it? this is about Adderall making sex fun/ making people horny. How is that bad? I get the same feeling, by the way. I actually wrote on a notepad to look this up last night because of how intense the feeling was!
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied May 19th, 2012
I have had ADD ADHD my whole life, Im new to this forum and im going to take in to acoult that you where venting when you wrote your story, I will be open minded and not take you the wrong way like many ADD persons are. Im one that was taken the wrong way by alot of people. I don't mean any disrespect towords any one unless they really piss me off, It didn't matter if it was a boss at a job, I speak my opinion if I have to. Having ADD is a burden to me and a burden to thoes around me, (family, friends) But on the same note. Having ADD and learning to use it for the greater good can be rewarding. I am not the co -owner of a scrap and salvage yard with my wife who also has ADD, but not as bad as me.
i'll get to the point. adderall XR 20mg twice daily is what I am on. But after 4 years of being on this drug (name brand only) I have become alittle Amune to it, I have increased Sexual desires. I have tried going off my adderall for as long as I could to see if I was really a weirdo or not, I can only go 1.5 days with out my Adderall due to Sreious mood swings, BUT I didn't have my sexual desires. So I linked it to Adderall XR for my Weird , strange hurtfull sexual desires, Because I tried not taking my meds on two different times
That is why I am seeking answers and tring to get help before I end up killing myself due to Self malestation..
Thank you.. Da- savior
|

replied September 25th, 2012
Da Savior,

What kind of strange hurtful sexual desires do you feel? I can't understand your post, but do you mean masturbation by "self malestation"? If that's what you mean, I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I don't think your desires are bad if they don't lead you to abuse other people.
|

replied May 19th, 2012
I have had ADD ADHD my whole life, Im new to this forum and im going to take in to acoult that you where venting when you wrote your story, I will be open minded and not take you the wrong way like many ADD persons are. Im one that was taken the wrong way by alot of people. I don't mean any disrespect towords any one unless they really piss me off, It didn't matter if it was a boss at a job, I speak my opinion if I have to. Having ADD is a burden to me and a burden to thoes around me, (family, friends) But on the same note. Having ADD and learning to use it for the greater good can be rewarding. I am not the co -owner of a scrap and salvage yard with my wife who also has ADD, but not as bad as me.
i'll get to the point. adderall XR 20mg twice daily is what I am on. But after 4 years of being on this drug (name brand only) I have become alittle Amune to it, I have increased Sexual desires. I have tried going off my adderall for as long as I could to see if I was really a weirdo or not, I can only go 1.5 days with out my Adderall due to Sreious mood swings, BUT I didn't have my sexual desires. So I linked it to Adderall XR for my Weird , strange hurtfull sexual desires, Because I tried not taking my meds on two different times
That is why I am seeking answers and tring to get help before I end up killing myself due to Self malestation..
Thank you.. Da- savior
|

replied June 9th, 2008
I think if you really need to be on adderall because you have adhd or are learning disabled the drug will lessen your sex drive. But those of us that abuse adderall, myself included, might notice that the drive is still low cause it's a prescription and those usually kill sex drive, but once you are...in the act, it's enhanced, to say the very least.
|
Users who thank fernie81 for this post: kimjong 

User Profile
replied December 1st, 2011
I have to agree with you. I used to be a very sexual person...and had a very healthy sex life. After getting diagnosed with ADHD and prescribed adderall, my sex drive has decreased dramatically. But I'm content with it at the moment. I would burst into tears on a regular basis from the frustration of not being able to complete simple tasks like: not being able to wash my own dishes, because I was so confused as to where to start. Now I am a functioning person. I think if you need it, it affects you differently.
|

replied October 10th, 2008
meh
it's a damn amphetamine, makes you into an animal in bed...simple as that
|

replied October 20th, 2008
Adderall makes me horny also. Its like an uncontrolable urge and if I cant have sex I will masturbate for long periods of time. The other day I masturbated for four hours. Adderall makes the time go by so fast and I couldnt get off, but it felt good, so I kept going. My girlfriend took it and it did nothing to her except do 4 weeks of school work in a single night.

One of the side effects is supposed to be decreased libido so what?

off topic - I smoke when I drink and it also makes me want to smoke cigarettes. Wierd.
|

replied May 19th, 2012
well said, Your not alone
|

replied January 23rd, 2009
Too much drive, hard to get off
GVLaker06, I have the exact same problem. I thought this stuff was supposed to lessen the sex drive but for me its just the opposite. I skip class because Im in sex chatrooms and the time flies and I miss half my classes. This is ok once in a while and it wouldnt be a problem if I were more determined to just stop with things related to sex, and make myself do other things I need to, but it shouldnt be this way. I can also study for 31 hours straight and only stop to beat off or go to the bathroom. The funny thing is, it is much harder to get an erection though even though I have more of a sex drive. Me and my girlfriend will have sex for maybe and hour and a half, or two hours and usually we get done in about half an hour. The reason this happens is because I cant keep a strong enough erection until im in the zone and really going hard at it. But everyday I take this stuff, ill get off around maybe 10 to 12 times and its really starting to get old. I need it for school and it really helps. But I wish these sexual side effects were not there.
|

replied January 24th, 2009
Increased drive on adderall
I Started taking adderall a few days ago and was extremely surprised at the increased sex drive. I am not usually a sexually active person, but now it is all I can think about, and not just normal kinds of sex I want it really rough and kinky. My husband is shocked in a good way about my new appetite, I just hope he can keep up with me!!
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2009
This is freaky!
It seems to me that too many people are drug dependent; drugs are substances which can be hazardous and they accumulate in our bodies and can cause irreversible changes at times!
This is too freaky, it's a world of zombies out there!
People should start handling their emotions, not anaesthetizing them with drugs.
|

replied March 22nd, 2009
Squirrellette
I think you should do some research because Adderall is for Attention/Focus..it is not an antidepressant! There are so many things in this world that are hazardous and accumulate in our bodies causing irreversible changes...how about pesticide on our food? Hormones in meat and preservatives in almost every food now days. Some people actually need medicine and they do not need to be talked down to or called zombies by judgemental people like you.
|

replied April 19th, 2009
I feel the same way
I didn't know that it had any sexual side effects one way or the other. I recently noticed in an increased need to orgasm. As a woman this can be difficult to bring up at the doc's office. lol It mostly happens when I'm sitting down and working on the computer. I don't get it. But it happened shortly after taking this drug and I have never experienced it before so it's really a no-brainer. It's almost annoying for me though.
|

replied April 28th, 2009
YES
lol... the stuff makes me horney as hell. only problem is that I end up spending hours looking at "other things" like an adderall enduced sex zombie rather then studying. No complaints though.
|

replied May 27th, 2009
My sex drive is gone
i have been taking 20mg a day (5days on,2off)for the last year.I was extremely horny for the first 7 months,but i feel numb now.I do not abuse this med.I detox weekly,and keep my bodys Ph balanced.I drink distilled water-10-12 8 oz glasses per day.I am fit and workout 4-5 days a week.My mind is sexual,but my body is not responding,and have had difficulties achieving orgasm.I can normally have multiples,and now can not have one!I cut back my dosage to 10mg a day,but still no improvement.....this is weird-and freaking me out!!!Please help
|

replied June 17th, 2009
Adderall and increased, unusual sex drive in women
I am so glad that Im not the only one! I started taking adderall 6 years ago and instantly noticed a increase in my desire for sex and a MAJOR change in my fantasies. I started wanting to do very dangeous things- like expose myself to strangers and want to have multiple partners in motels. Many times I actually drove around for HOURS in my car late at night. Thank GOD that none of those thoughts came to fruition. That only happens to me now if i take more than reccommended dosage.
WOMEN! BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS DRUG! ESPECIALLY IF YOU COMBINE IT WITH DRINKING
|

replied August 10th, 2009
I stopped reading everything after "
JENNIFER7188
replied on May 8th, 2008
New User"

Why do you have a problem from people enjoying the side effect of their meds? People SUFFER everyday from negative side effects, they can be divesting in some cases. If someone has positive effect, GOOD FOR THEM...you sound jealous.
Ive been on Adderal for about 6 months, there is no change in my sex drive but Im happy for the ones who have an increase, more power to them!
|
Users who thank Kimberlykin for this post: ashiegri 
Quick Reply