Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Leg Jerks

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
I recently went through 2 major back surgery's for lumbar fusion of l4-l5. Since having the surgery the back pain has continued although not as bad, but the big problem now is leg jerks/spasms when I lay down or sit. I did not have the leg jerks prior to the surgery. Has anyone had this problem? I am seeing a pain management doctor and I am scheduled for a epidural injection to try to help with the pain and he started me on neurontin for the leg spasms, but that is not helping. I have gotten no explanation as to why I am having the leg spasms, or if the back surgery had anything to do with it, and exactly what is causing it. Is it a nerve problem, muscle problem, neurological problem. Help! I would love to here from anyone that has had this problem. :?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper weazerone
|

replied January 30th, 2006
Leg Jerks..
Could be a condiiton called clonus. Involuntary leg movements. Pease google it to ind out more.
|

replied February 10th, 2012
Nerve damage
My Doctor says Neurologists are prescribing Botox injections at the affected area....Has anyone heard of this?
|