Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

Scared 4 Weeks Post Op And New Bleeding And Pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I am 4 weeks post op from a tah for endometrosis and had complications in the hospital. I ended up with severe bruising over 4 feet on left side of my stomach around my back and down my legs. The dr told me it was positioning in the or I have never heard of that . Then I had to have 2 transufussions I had my hct drop from 40 to 9 and was told they have no clue why as my total blood loss in the or was 200cc. I then had a bladder infection.
I was finally doing a tad bit better and now had severe pain in my flank area on the left side and am bleeding like a period . I called the dr and they told me this is part of healing. Have any of you felt like this at 4 weeks.
Also should I ask for an u/s just to be sure everything is ok ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 23rd, 2005
Taking Care of Yourself
I think that it is all of our responsiblity to make sure that we are okay. Especially since only you know what is wrong with ya. I know that I had the surgery a little over 4 mths ago, and within the last 6 weeks I have bleed 4 times, and they are trying to tell me its normal, although my family dr is saying that it doesnt sound right. I have all the normal problems bleeding and cramping although my surgery included the removal of the ovaries and the uteras....So why am I bleeding. Dont know yet. Although I am going to find out. Sometimes you just need a 2nd opinion.
|
Did you find this post helpful?