Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Clitoral Itching... (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Every once in awhile (a few times each year), I have clitoral itching that's just unbearable for about a week. The clitoris is always erect during these times (though i'm not sexually aroused) and it burns when touched directly. I've tried using anti-itch creams but nothing works! It seems I just have to wait until it goes away on its own. Which is really inconvenient when trying to sleep at nite...

I know that it's not an std (i've been tested multiple times) and I don't have any vaginal discharge. So i'm at a loss at what to do.

Any help would be great!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mumofthreedaughters
|

replied July 9th, 2005
Wow
I totaly empathize. I too have experienced that discomfor b/f and don't know the cause. I do know that when it gets really bad I take a sitz bath and springle baking soda on the area and it helps cool it, if only for a little bit.
|

replied July 10th, 2005
Experienced User
Female Priapism
In males they can get painful long-lasting erections termed priapism, it's caused by certain drugs or other conditions, you might want to research this for yourself...
Trazodone is one such drug
|

replied July 25th, 2005
One Idea
I have the same problem due to the medicine i'm taking. The only thing I found that helps is to spray bactine on the itchy area. After that the symptoms go away. One thing i've noticed is that if I wash with a particularly fragrant cleanser, the itching intensifies, so I have to make sure I rinse well or use the cleanser sparingly. Since using the bactine has solved the problem for me I haven't found the need to purchase a separate or special non-fragrant cleanser for that area.
|

replied July 26th, 2005
Experienced User
Omg I have the same freaking thing going on right now! Its so irritating! Like nothing works, and itching just makes it burn and hurt.
|

replied July 26th, 2005
Experienced User
I don't believe I have ever had that problem, but I would think a hot bath might help, try takin a bubble bath.
|

replied July 26th, 2005
Clitoral Itching
I also have the same problem, keeps coming and going, have tried the creams but they almost seem to irritate it more. I now use vaginal wash cos soap etc aggrivates it more. Has anyone got any otha suggestions please. :roll:
|

replied July 30th, 2005
I Do Have the Same Problem
This few days, I have this problem too. My goodness, it feel itching and wanna to pinch that area all the times, but feel sort and kinda weird after pinch it. Can't stand the itching !! What kinda problem we have? Is it natural or what?
|

replied August 1st, 2005
Excuseeeeeee me chaosbob,
as you know my !**@! is very clean. It's just that this few days I got this new experience and don't know what's wrong ok
maybe, you should think twice before saying stinking !**@! to me. I know your !**@! ish stinky too cuz we all are women you know. Probably yours more stinky than mine, but let just say, you do have this kinda of problem too, I suppose.
Excuse my bad language but you reply not in a good manner to me.
So think, before you reply ok !**@!

ha ha ha !!!
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Umm im pretty sure chosbob doesnt have a vagina
|

replied November 7th, 2005
Experienced User
Chaosbob is always starting problems, ignore him-he only does it for attention. I have the problem too ladies and I use yeast infection cream. The external cream not the internal medicine. Its not a yeast infection but sometimes it seems to work. I also try a&d ointment the stuff that looks like vasoline and that helps if you scratch it. What I find best that works is putting ky jelly on it. Keeping it moist tends to keep it from getting dry and itchy. These creams may work for only a little while, but 5 minutes of ease is better than none. I am glad to know that it isn't just me, it really seems like the majority of women get this irration.
|

replied November 10th, 2005
I think when you have this problem, go to your doctor. She/he can give you the right cream for yeast infection or whatever the cause.
|

User Profile
replied November 10th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Chaos bob usually I think you are funny, but you are starting to really cross the line dude.

Anyway, could it possibly be yeast that is bothering you gals?
|

replied August 26th, 2007
I am 4 months pregnant (YAY!) and I have been experiencing the same uncomfortable itching! I think it may be a result of frequent baths or antibiotics. I have been able to look at myself and there is no sign of rash or bumps or anything of that sort. But I can say taking bubble baths is not the right thing to do! Many soaps and scented bubble baths can cause irritation and even infections. I havent tried it yet but I've been told desitin (diaper rash cream) can help with the irritation. Ill let you all know if it helps. And a note to Chaosbob, in no way is it appropriate to comment so crudely in relation to this topic. Many women feel embarrassed and uncomfortable talking about this issue as it is without your disgusting remarks. People (especially men) like you have no place in this discussion. I suggest you take your sick ideas and comments elseware, find another outlet other than hurtful, poorly worded and ignorant suggestions to get off on. Pervert. Sorry ladies, sometimes when men dont get laid in a few years they resort to...well Chaosbob. Smile
|

replied January 16th, 2008
clitoral itching
I've had the same issue for about the past 6-8 months, sometimes being a bit more bearable than others, but never really going away...I've taken diflucan, prescripted and over-the-counter micozanole...nothing worked! Finally, i mixed about quarter cup of white vinegar with about a cup and a half of warm water n use that as an external genital rinse after showering. It burned a little the first time, but the itching has subsided since. It's been almost a week since starting the 'rinse' and even libido is back in full swing due to no more itch! And since it's not internal, douching isn't necessary, nor reccommended...It's worth a shot, hope it helps!!
|

replied June 23rd, 2008
I went to the doctor today.....
Well I have had this same problem for a while now, and was tested at one point for yeast or bacterial infections and nothing came up. This itching comes and goes. Of course when I went to the doctor today it had cleared up from last weeks episode. BTW the way I got it to clear up is by using hydrocordisone cream 1%, as one forum member [a doctor, or so he said] mentioned. Well, anyway my doctor thought that maybe I had Lichen Sclerosis, and most of the symptoms fit, although it would be an early stage for me. He wants me to see a special dermotologist for it. But, Google the name of this disease and check it out for yourselves. It doesn't sound great, but it is nice to see a diagnosis for once. Good luck ladies.
|

replied July 10th, 2008
mines horrible!
ive never herd of this before and i totally would go to my doctor except the fact he is incredibly GORGEOUS! but married. so even though hes my primary care physician he still does gynocological exams i refuse to go to him. and i live in maine so theres only one planned parent hood around here and its open twice a week and i can never get past the pregnant 13 year olds to get an exam. soooo my point is....

i need help!
im soo glad others have this problem! i though it was going to die, ive never had a yeast infection but this definetly isnt it!
NOTHING WAS WORKING!
but i took a benedryl ... my sister said it works for every itch on the planet and it will make everything stop itching even if its dry skin... who knew???

ok so i guess try benedryl if you hate creams as much as me
|

replied January 7th, 2009
clitoral itching
go to walmart, target,etc. anywhere that sells probiotics. very cheap. acidophilus. it will relieve and almost stop vaginal itching symptoms. keep refrigerated after opening. make sure that you see a doc if symptoms are still there in 2 weeks. this has saved me!
|

replied January 26th, 2009
Anybody try the vinegar rinse yet?
My wife is having the same problem. She went to her OB/GYN and he thought it could be yeast infection but the meds didn't help. There's are no signs of redness or anything unusual. Has any body ask their doctor if the itch could be fungus related? Years ago, I had bad dandruff problem, after spending hundreds of dollars on the products advertised on TV with no result. Until several years ago, I read in the Readers Digest, a doctor found one form of head dandruff was actually caused by a fungus. By using the right medicated shampoo fixed my problem. My dad went to a dermatologist with a body rash, the doctor was going to give him a cream until I ask if it could be a fungus and the Doc said no, but he'll check it... guess what, it was caused by a fungus and switched to a different med and the rash disappeared. I can't get my wife to get that tested. Maybe one of you will find out for everyone reading.
|

replied February 12th, 2009
Diabetes
Intimate itching is one of the signs of possible diabetes-along with increased thirst etc. Might be worth having your urine tested?
|