Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Lump On the Inside of My Lower Lip ??

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
I have developed a lump on the inside of my lower lip . This happened after I bit my lower lip but after it healed, the bump came out and it got a little bigger (it is hard and rounded, the size of a pencil eraser). I'm afraid this is a tumor or something because I never had this before even when I accidentally bit my lips many times.
1. Does anyone know what this is ?
2. What type of doctor should I see to get this diagnosed ?

Thanks,
scott
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 8th, 2005
Experienced User
I'd either go to your physician or a dermatologist. It could just be a build-up of scar tissue where you bit your lip.. I wouldn't assume it's a tumor yet, but even if it's just annoying it's worth having someone look at it.
|

replied July 8th, 2005
Experienced User
If it appeared after you bit your lip I highly dought it could be a tumor..I agree with the buddy in the first post...Prob. Just scar tissue or something...Don't fret!!
|

replied January 6th, 2010
Same Symptom
Scott, I have a similar condition. Initially, it was a spot that I would, on occasion, bite. It became swollen, then began acting like a pimple that kept coming back. After more than a month of inactivity I developed a small hard lump under the tissue on the inside of my lower lip. What I have not determined is whether this was simply an unlucky spot, or had the area already enlarged, making it a likely target. My wife was diagnosed with a rare cancer 13 years after her symptoms first appeared, so I won't be taking chances. I have an appointment with my primary care physician tomorrow. If he cannot (or will not deal with it in his office) I will be visiting an oral surgeon. From what I have read, a surgeon is the most likely person to remove such lumps anyway. It could be nothing, or it could be the first sign of oral cancer. One thing: don't wait around. Lip cancers, when treated while still small, have a good prognosis.

p.s. I am a non-tobacco user
|

replied January 6th, 2010
It could also be a cyst, which the doctors can remove easily, or could go away by itself.
|

replied September 1st, 2010
Ball Inside mouth Lip
I know exactly what it is because I had the same problem... Just leave it alone... don't bite it and it will go away.. after having it for months i tried popping it, and still never went away until I just left it alone. It's been a week without biting, instead of biting it try massaging it with your toungue and you will see each day it will get smaller and smaller. Hope this helps
|

replied September 1st, 2010
I know exactly what it is because I had the same problem... Just leave it alone... don't bite it and it will go away.. after having it for months i tried popping it, and still never went away until I just left it alone. It's been a week without biting, instead of biting it try massaging it with your toungue and you will see each day it will get smaller and smaller. Hope this helps
|

replied March 9th, 2011
I have a small red lump in my lower left lip. maybe very small like quarter a peanut. I am a heavy smoker and and a daily drinker. But what i notice is that that i usually play a lot with my dog when i am drunk and next day i notice i have a lot of scratch markes on my shoulders face and neck since i dont remember what my dog did when i was playing with him drunk as he has a long foot nails and sharp teeth.

About the lump in my left-side of lower mouth, it was initially a small scracth or some small hurt on outer lower left lip which i assume was from my dog. but its healed but the lower left inside of my lip has turned into red very small lump which is not gone away now its 4-5 days and also it has become a little big. i tried pinching it but only a very little blood blood came out but it did not burst and go away.

I am a bit afraid if it could be oral cancer since i am heavy smoker (2-4 packs of 10 ciggrates a day) and almost daily drinker (half to full bottle a day) I am also diabetic with diabetes 2, i dont use insulin injection but rather half tablet morning and half at night of metaphormin since i am diabetes 2 and my pancrease are more than normal

pls help
|