Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Intestinal Disorders Forum

Growling Stomach. Help (Page 1)

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I have been suffering from really loud stomach noises for a while now and as a result of this embarressing problem I avoid quiet situations.
I still havent found an answer to my problem I was wondering if anyone else suffers this problem,
my stomach makes loud growling noises all the time and its sometimes extremely loud and lasts for about 20 seconds. This happens about every 2 hours and lasts for up to half an hour, I sometimes get a bit pain from where the growling is coming from (which is at the bottom of my tummy under my bellybutton)
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper SilentX
|

replied August 11th, 2005
Finally
Finally I found someone with this problem I have it to but it doesnt last 20 seconds it last a longer time... I have it right now and it started maybe a little over a half an hour ago... And its not cuz im hungry cuz I just ate and the whole time it was still growling and after it was still growling...If you find out what the problem is please let me know thank you very much
sam
|

replied September 7th, 2011
When i get home my stomach rages and roars so i eat and eat but it never stops growling. And in bed, when i lay down. It's so bad my boyfriend broke up with me cause he was sick of my stomach growls. How can i stop it?
|

Experienced User
Well my stomach doesn't exactly growl bu it does make wierd noises all of a sudden. I know how embarrassing it is! :oops:

i have noticed it happens more when I drink a lot of water or juice or soda. Have you guys noticed this too?

Take care.
|

Hey
No, the only thing I drink is water basically and its usually doesnt happen... And its not like growling loudy its doing the little rumbles I can feel it more then I can hear it
|

You need to eat some food, it will stop the growling. This used to happen to me as a teen when I was in school, I used to carry around candy with me (hersheys kisses, hard candy etc.). Your hunger pains won't stop until there is sugar in your blood stream. Drinking water wont cure it, sugary soda will make your stomach really gassy. Try to eat a really good filling breakfast every morning (cereal, toast, muffins ets.). I eat a good breakfast and dont feel the need to eat until dinner time, hunger pains do not bother me any more.
|

Okay
I don't know if I mentioned this but ive already eaten today even when I wasn't hungry... The growling started like an hour and a half ago I ate and hour ago and while I was eating my stomache was still growling and after I ate it was still growling and its still growling now im not going to eat again im not hungry at all
|

replied May 21st, 2011
My stomach growl for no reason i will eat n bout 5 mins my stomach will growl again n sometime it will be embrasses cause it will do it bad when its quiet n a room i need to some kind of cure for this quick
|

replied August 13th, 2005
Do you chew gum alot?? My stomach always used to growl for no reason when I used to chew gum, not sure why it happened, but once I stopped chewing gum the growling stopped.
|

replied March 28th, 2012
That is because of excessive air swallowing. Anything like chewing gum, yawning a lot, sipping through a straw, eating fast, etc will cause you to swallow a lot of air. This gets trapped in your stomach or your intestines and causes growling or bloating.
|

replied August 13th, 2005
:-p
I wouldnt say alot... Only when my breath reeks I dont chew it out of the joy of taste
|

replied December 16th, 2005
Growling Stomach. Help
Hiya, the reason your stomach rumbles when you eat chewing gum is that your mouth and stomach are tricked into thinking that you are about to give it something to eat, this triggers off your stomach and it makes the noises. Simple solution, don't having chewing gum if you are hungry. Hope that helps.
|

replied February 24th, 2006
Its Not Hunger If You've Eaten
My stomach makes noises too...My best friends mom who is a nurse says its my colon and it needs to be "cleaned out". In order to clean it out you should eat a lot of fiber- even after I eat a lot of whole grain fibery cereals it still does it though but she has pills-omega 3 and fish oil that help stopped the noises and get rid of the junk in your colon

good luck!
|

replied May 4th, 2006
This stuff is pretty good:

caricol is said to help aid digestion, and this may help to keep things 'moving' digestion wise.

It's made from the pulp of tree ripened papaya and helps digestion. It's said to have a soothing effect on the stomach and digestive tract.
|

replied May 11th, 2006
Hey
Hey everyone, theres another good forum on the subject with a ton of good info

http://ehealthforum.Com/health/viewtopic.p hp?t=22610&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start= 0

check it out
|

replied May 11th, 2006
Oops
That link didn't seem to work, try this one

http://ehealthforum.Com/health/topic22610. Html

check it out!
|

replied February 12th, 2009
Solution for loud stomach growling
Here's the short version:

Stomach growling is caused by stomach acid. You may not feel hungry, but your stomach IS hungry... so it secretes stomach acid...and your stomach starts to growl. When your stomach starts to growl and you're embarrassed and anxious about it, your anxiety causes your stomach to secrete even MORE stomach acid, causing an INCREASE in growling. Got that?

The solution: eat frequent, small meals or snacks with protein and a mixture of complex and simple carbohydrates (complex=pasta, wheat bread, wheat crackers; simple=sugar, jelly)

One more tip: When you're having a growth spurt (ie. if you're a teenager), then your body is wanting more nutrition, better nutrition to sustain your growth. When it's hungry, it's going to produce stomach acid in the hopes that you're going to be feeding it soon. My suggestion: don't eat junk food, eat healthy. Healthy can be a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

My best wishes for a quiet belly!
|

replied March 5th, 2009
noisy stomach
what drugs can be taken for it
|

replied March 5th, 2009
Growling is increased by an increase in stomach acid, so...
To decrease the amount of acid in your stomach, you can take one or two of several things over the counter...but be sure to first check with your primary MD or Nurse Practitioner, to make sure that any new medications don't cause you any problems (ie, interaction with other medications you're already on or a disease or syndrome you might be under treatment for). An example of an over-the-counter med that will decrease stomach acid is Zantac. Mylanta is another option. Read and follow the instructions on the box.

My daughter's growling has dissipated dramatically. She said it didn't growl at all yesterday. woooHOOO!

Good luck!
|

replied March 13th, 2009
webmd
i read its caused by gassy foods & stress.

*don't swallow too much air ,like sighing.

*skip foods like cabbage and broccoli, beans, and for some folks, dairy products and fried foods.just avoid stuff that YOU know makes YOU gassy.

*if you're hungry eat some light bland foods

*skip the alcohol & drink plenty of water

by the way:to find the appropriate amount of H20 for YOU divde your weight by 2= amount you neeed to drink THROUGHOUT the day:)
|

replied April 8th, 2009
027mimi is right
The noises that you hear are actually pockets of gas and air in your intestines getting squashed by the food, the food is moving as a result of peristalsis.

Therefore less gas is going to be equal to less noise, since there is no pockets of gas to squash.

|

replied August 16th, 2009
Solutions
For me when I drink water it creates more noise. Any liquids I drink do not help the problem. I know that water is better then any other drink and it doesn't do any hard but I don't think it helps much.

Some solutions that help me:

I spit mostly, I don't swallow my saliva.
Try to burp or let as much gas before eating.
Not trying to swallow air.(When you drink out of a bottle you swallow oxygen, so try drinking from a cup)
Most importantly I try not to think about your stomach because stress causes everything to be difficult. Try thinking about something else, try to dream about something or if your working try REALLY hard on what your working and don't think about your stomach.
|

replied December 6th, 2009
its not the stomach its the intestines...they dont growl they make popping noises and it is loud I never had stomach problems or bowel problems for Id say the last 8 months I started to bloat a little and they are talking so much I think theres aliens inside me. I did take a trip to Peru a year ago. I was very careful. but I am wondering if there is some parasite that causes these noises and weight gain
|
12 >>
Quick Reply