Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

Crawling

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
I heard that if a baby doesn't crawl it will affect their balance later on. Does anyone know if it is true?
Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 22nd, 2005
My son is 10 months and not crawling. He drags himself to where he wants to go. He loves to stand and has incredible balance. He can also go from belly to sitting. He pulls up on everything. I honestly think he is going to skip crawling altogether. How old is your baby?
|

replied July 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
Im not sure if it affects there balance or not one of my little cousins didnt crawl at all he just walked
and two other of my little cousins who are brothers didnt crawl until they were old I remember at one point they had to hire a physical therapist because they didnt know if he would ever be able to walk and now both of them are fine.
|

User Profile
replied January 1st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
..My son is 5 months and he wants to lay on his stomach ...But when he trys to crawl he gets angry at himself and crys so I have to pick him up...I heard that also about their balance ...But I hope its not true....Or im in big trouble...Because I doubt my son will ever crawl either....
|

replied January 1st, 2006
Crawling
My daughter is 6 1/2 months and she is crawling and climbing on everything. She started crawling when she was 5 months and started rolling from her back to her stomach when she was 3 months.
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
The less you pick them up,the more they will crawl.My older sisters baby is held all the time.He is 1 yr and 2 months old and is starting to walk.My little sisters baby is picked up way less and he started walking when he was about 10 moths old.
|

replied April 18th, 2006
Thats not true, I pick my daughter up all the time and she is 9 months old and trying to walk!
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I'm not saying it's true in all cases just mine! : )
|
Quick Reply