Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

Period Started Then Stopped (Page 1)

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Hey guys, well here's my prob. My period started yesterday afternoon, and normally the second day for me is normally heavy bleeding, but I woke up this morning and there's no period, i'm really comfused cuz this never happened before. Yesterday I fell asleep and when I woke up, I jus knew my period was gonna come cuz I got so miserable and felt like cryin (this normally happens) but when it starts and jus stops like that, I got scared. Culd anyone tell me wats goin on cuz I don't ave a clue. :?:
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mommapanda
|

replied July 19th, 2005
Period Started Then Stopped
Well I had the same thing happen. It went on for a long time. My period would start one day, stop the next, and do it all over again. This went on for a long time with me. I found out a couple months after that, that I had a cyst on my ovary. The reason I found out was because one night I was reading a bedtime story to my daughter and all of a sudden I started having pain in my side then it just hit me and I was on the floor. I was in the hospital for three days so they could run tests on me to see what was wrong. They finally found the cyst.

Im not telling you this to scare you but you should go to the doctor when you have irregular bleeding. You never know.
|

replied October 2nd, 2007
Almost Same Here!
I started cramping really bad knew my period was coming and I started alittle which is normally a whole lot first day. I then decided since my husband and I was going out that night I would just put a tampon in for the just incase it becomes heavier. When I took it out nothing. The next morning still nothing and now I am 3 days later and nothing more. Its like putting the tampon in stopped my period. Anyone have any suggestions. I do not take birth control pills and I have had no reason to beleive I am pregnant? and I am always within two days of my periods monthly. Any help would be appriciated.
|

replied June 24th, 2009
same sort of thing
I have had the same sort of problem on Monday night after being over a week late my partner and I went to buy some tests - got home and I cam on - So in went the tampon within 30 minutes I had to change as I was bleeding a ridiculous amount (it was a super one at that) then the next morning I woke up to find Nothing and have had nothing since!!
|

replied July 29th, 2009
same thing is happening to me
Same here. My period is usual very regular but this month it started and was normal for a day then i woke up and it had stopped. Now its been two days and nothing but a little spotting has came.
|

replied January 13th, 2010
PLEASE HELP!!!
Ok I need help, I called a nurse, but with the high prices of hospital bills I cant really afford to go to the doctor unless I cant get help otherwise. I had my normal period which is like 4 to 5 days long, it stopped in the morning and started light bleeding that night. I put a tampon in and the next morning when I took it out there was barely any blood. I am NOT on birth control and I AM sexually active. My period never is adnormal like that. I felt light headed yesturday while my period was done and also felt a sharp cramp in my right rib area and felt really gasey in my stomach area. I ended up having sex with my boyfriend and a bit later I had bleeding. I AM not a virgin and we did not do anything different while we performed activity. PLEASE HELP!! Thanks a mill, Kayla.
|

replied January 24th, 2010
pregnant
this happened to me. just to rule it out, the second day (when it is usually heavy and there was no bleeding) I took a pregnancy test. only problem was that it didn't rule it out... i was pregnant. he will be two april. so i got the mirena. and have had it almost two years, and regular periods. started yesterday, stopped today, and i dont dare take a pregnancy test Sad
|

replied February 12th, 2010
Periods
Help please i had gone on holiday and forgot to take my pill with me and on tuesday i started bleeding but by thursday morning it had stopped then i went to the toilet about 3 in the morning and i was bleeding like mad but yet this morning it had stopped again and has not come back what does this mean i am confused please help someone Smile
|

replied March 1st, 2010
Liz
I was over a week late but finally I started, but it was different I had really bad cramps and was bleeding heavy and then the next day it stopped, then the next morning it begain again with lots of pain and heavy bleeding and then later that night it stopped again then again today I have no clue what to do for me it is not normal at all....
|

replied March 25th, 2010
Plz help
For the past 3 months every time I start my period it only last 1day and then 3 days later it starts again and this time it's for the 5 regular days. I can't b pregnant for the reason that my tubes are cut and burn so what could it b
|

replied April 8th, 2010
Im having same sort of problem. I had unprotected sex with bf and my period never came the next month. When i was a week late i came on very light and then it completly stopped for a couple of days and then i came on quite heavy for another 3 days and now getting brown discharge! My periods r normally monthly and are heavy. HELP! could i be pregnant? x
|

replied April 22nd, 2010
scaredd
hi i am 13 it was my first time last mouth startin my period but this mouth my period hasnt come on can sum one tell me what to do plz i confused thank you x
|

replied May 30th, 2010
Hey dont stress, i was 12 when i first got mine and only got it like every 3 months or so at first. takes a year or so to start coming regular when u first get it (:
|

replied June 10th, 2010
I need help
Okay my period started one day and it hasn't been bleeding for two days does anyone know what this means? help!
|

replied June 17th, 2010
help, im on the pill, i took the pack and stopped for my 7 day break, on the first day of the break i had sex with my bf and started bleeding straight after, a day later and hardly any blood. this never happens im usually really heavy, what could this be?
|

replied June 30th, 2010
confused girl
earlier today i was about to take a shower so i went to the bathroom first and i saw blood i told my mom oh and btw im 13 and its my first and i said i think i need some pads so she woke up and i got in the shower i noticed that i wasnt even bleeding in the shower but i thought nothing of it. then i got out the shower myt mom was off to target and i called my friend nya and told her why isnt it still going and she said tht happened to her and she said it should come later tonight then i called my aunt she said it should come next month and when my mom got home and i put on a pad and still nothing after all these hours no blood and now im reading all these comments and someone said something about falling on the floor with cramps and cyst and hospital and test and all that stuff i mean i really need help im a confused girl.
|

replied August 11th, 2011
Same thing happend to me!
Hey- the same thing happened to me (almost). My mom found it- and boom! I was notified i had my first period right before I went into my grandmothers town pool. There was no bleeding so I went ahead and swam. After I went back to my grandma's and took a shower (BTW it was around 5:00 PM). We got got home at 8:00 PM and by 8:30 PM I was bleeding again. So that's just me.. But, hopefully I was of help.
PS. Dont stress about having it!
The only thing that stinks is it pops up randomly/ you have to be SUPER careful when you swim (Constently look around yourself while in water)
Smile ps.s I'm younger than you and not afraid! (Said in a encouraging way)
|

replied August 2nd, 2010
i had a period on 6-15 10 bleed for three days like normal well didnt have another period until 6-30 10 bleed for a day and a half what could this be??? been having really bad cramping also..
|

replied August 4th, 2010
cvc
|

replied August 7th, 2010
Im 13 and i got my period it was normal for the 1 day mum bought me pads ect ect but now its stopped 1 day later!!! Sad im scared
|

replied August 11th, 2010
I'm 14 and got my period yesterday it wasnt that heavy yesterday but was quite, it didnt happen at night nad i have had hardly any bleeding this morning is this normal i am scared, as i dont know what to do about it, i have had no cramps, but i have a slight stomach ache now, could somebody help me
|

replied April 13th, 2012
starting and stopping, confused 26 year old
well these all just seem to be questions, not actual help but if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated...i am 26 years old with 2 kids, i had my tubes tied over 3 years ago, i have always had a heavy flow, (10 to 15 Super Plus tampons a day), anyways it will be super heavy for the 1st 4 days, then stop, then i'll pass a big clot (about the size of a dime, sometimes a nickle) then start again for another 2 days. This time, it went for 7 days, stopped for 3, then started again, now its super heavy again, should i go see a doctor? I live in canada so it's free, just a 15 hour wait in the emergency room, so i try to avoid it lol.
|
Quick Reply