Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Hard Painful Cyst-like Lump

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi everyone, I don't know where to ask this but I guess I should try in the skin disorder forum.

I'm out of ideas what this might be, but I would like to ask before I go to the doctor's. Just above my behind (i don't know how to call it really so i'll be a bit vulgar and say where my ass-crack is and it goes towards my right upper butt cheak) I have a hard lump formed under skin. It's about an inch and a half in size and in the middle has like a brownish cap that when squeezed oozes bloodish foul smelling liquid. I noticed it 3 days ago and is very painful that I have to position myself when I sit to make the pain go away. I'm a bit concerned with what it might be.

Do you have any ideas what it might be or if there's reason for real concern?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 3rd, 2005
Experienced User
It sounds like a cyst. I get them and they are usually in the crease of my thigh or anywhere that sweat gets trapped. They can be really painful. It is usually a pimple that gets infected or an ingrown hair. The only difference in what you are describing is the smell. When mine finally drain, which makes it feel better. It doesn't smell like anything. I would get it checked out just in case. You never know. Good luck.
|

replied November 16th, 2011
Now when you mean crease of your thigh, closer to the hip and inner part of your upper thigh?
I have something moving over a vein, kind of can see it? Its bruised, however there's something moving in there! :[ But it's right by a huge vein, I think that's why it freaked me out! :[
|

replied April 2nd, 2012
Cysts & boils
I have a friend that gets boils exactly like youve described.They reoccur frequently and she has been told that they are caused by something to do with her blood(a deficiency perhaps)She goes to a dermatologist for help.
|