Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Sex In Third Trimester

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
:oops:
okay, so here's the deal. I cannot have sex! It hurts like crazy to do so, and it has since about the middle of my second trimester. I am now 34 weeks pregnant, and we tried about a week ago, which ended up with me crying silently so he wouldn't notice and could at least find some release for himself. Then I hurt for hours afterwards, soaking in the tub for about 3 hours while he slept. He didn't know though...

Why does it hurt so bad?
:cry:
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2005
Experienced User
Yeeouch
Hi,
i'm not sure why you'd hurt so much, unless the baby's head has already moved or engaged into the pelvic cavity, putting pressure on your whole pelvis- this usually happens early with first babies- is this your first?

Maybe, if you want to have sex with your husband, grip the base of his penis with your whole hand, and hold onto it the whole time so that he only penetrates a little bit, or use a position where he doesn't penetrate as deeply-like lying your side with him behind you- like spoons.

You definately shouldn't be doing anything that puts you in enough pain to cry- pain is your body's way of telling you to stop what you are doing. Also- if you are going to soak in a tub for long period, don't have it hot-that's dangerous.

Take care of yourself-there are plenty of ways for both yourself and your husband to have sexual gratification and intimacy without penetration.
I'll bet your baby comes a little early- but it's six weeks until it's recommended to resume sex after birth, so you'll need to develop some other ways to be intimate soon anyway.
Be gentle with yourself !!
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2005
Experienced User
Creative ???
Creative and silent !!!!!!

You guys must be sexual ninja's !!!!!!!!

Nice work !!!!!
|

replied June 29th, 2005
Yes, it is my first child, and we were laying on our sides, so that idea's out. And i'm too big to actually reach him enough to grab him while we're making love... I guess intercourse is out of the question for us... But thanks for the suggestions girls.
|