Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Torn Bicep Muscle/tendon....popping Sound

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
Lifting a heavy load with my arms and experienced a painful popping in my lower bicep/upper fore arm in the valley of my arm.
Almost like I streched the muscle/tendon to the point that it gave away.
Some brusing and a small "swelled" area in the valley of my arm, to the inside of my elbow.....Opposite side of my elbow.
It is painful and I will give it time to heal before I try to put a load on it. I'm just wondering if anyone has done this before and what was their outcome?
What bothers me the most is the popping sounds I heard when it happened and if I damaged anything permanantly?
Used a lot of icey/hot and some ice but will let heal own it's own for a while.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 8th, 2010
It soounds like you torn yor biceps muscle , Like I did this past January. The swelling in the valley is the pieace of muscle that was torn away ,
there is not surgery to fix it,
The DR told me its like sewing two pieaces of meat together.
your post is old, I hope you went to the DR b by now
|

replied June 8th, 2010
It soounds like you torn yor biceps muscle , Like I did this past January. The swelling in the valley is the pieace of muscle that was torn away ,
there is not surgery to fix it,
The DR told me its like sewing two pieaces of meat together.
your post is old, I hope you went to the DR b by now
|