Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Tummy Aches And Pains

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I've been to my doctor about some problems with my tummy and she gave me a round of pills to take for 2 weeks. At the end of the pills nothing had changed so she got me to try a different pill for 3 weeks and again at the end of the pill nothing had changed.

Basically I have a lot of air in my stomach and it is a little tender at times. I get heartburn often and it doesn't matter what I eat/drink.

I have cut caffeine and all carbonated drinks out of my diet. I have also cut out anything deep fried.

My stomach looks and feels full all the time and I constantly feel bloated. I drink anywhere from 1-3 litres of water every day and work out every day also.

I don't know what else to do to try and make this feeling in my stomach go away. If anybody else has (or has had) the same symptons, i'd love to hear from you if you've had any success or any advice you can give. It's just getting more and more frustrating as I keep working out and eating healthy but I always look and feel full......

Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 28th, 2005
Bloating
Hi, I just came across your question and want to say I have the very same problem, except I don't drink as much water. I went to a general doctor and she put me on pills, but for acid reflix thinking that contributes to it, my pills have worked with acid reflex, however, I still have bloating.
But once I went to a natural doctor that a friend took me to, and believe it or not, he gave me fiber to take everyday and told me to stay away from cheese and bread and actually that worked. My stomach was not bloating anymore. I didn't think I needed that fiber because I thought I was fine in that area, but apparently that was the problem. I haven't been back to him to get some more, it's been about three years and i'm bloated everday again. If I just drink water or coke my stomach will bloat. Oh, also one more thing. He felt my stomach as I was lying down and said my intestines didn't feel right. So that could be my problem to, and maybe yours. I think I should go to an intestinal doc to get xrays but I still haven't. Maybe you should to. Hope this helps a bit.
|
Did you find this post helpful?