Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Lump Right Below Anus (Page 1)

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
Ok this is going to sound extremely weird and unbelievably gross... But I was reading the newspaper this morning sitting in a normal chair when all of a sudden, it felt like there was a pin being shoved right into my buttcrack. I ran upstairs and looked.. And there is a small lump, the size of the first digit of your index finger, right outside my anus and it hurts like hell. Im only 16 years old so I have no clue what this could be. Any suggestions??
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Worried_1
|

replied November 16th, 2003
Experienced User
Sounds like you have an external hemorroid, some people call them a pile.

It is basically a swallon and inflamed blood vessel, which will be very painful when placed under pressure and when you go to the toliet.

Mike
|

replied November 17th, 2003
So what do I do??? Am I gonna have to have surgery or something, or will it just.. Go away eventually? A friend of mine suggested it might be a pimple of some sort, but ive never had a pimple down there before so I dont think it is. But they said if it is a pimple, im gonna have to pop it soon enough. I dunno who to believe!!!
|

replied November 17th, 2003
Experienced User
The only person you can actually believe is your doctor, because only an exam is going to give you an exact diagnosis. You can alwaus discuss it with your parents who may also be able to tell exactly what it is.

If it is a hemorroid then you can purchase medication for it over the counter at any pharmacy and sometimes even in supermarkets. The cream shrinks the vein and provides pain relief.

Surgery is only used in extreme cases with longtime suffers and not someone your age.

It will go down overtime, but it can take from a week to 3 weeks.

Do not try to pop it regardless of what it is as doing some will only cause bleeding and open you up to a potential infection.

Mike
|

replied June 10th, 2004
Hi all. I'm kind of having the same problem as kersch433, except in my case it's a lump right next to the anus (its external), and it looks kinda black. Its about the size of a pea, and it literall feels like there is a pea in this lump. It's almost like I can move it it around a little. It dosn't hurt when just sitting down, but it's discomforting when moving around. I'm an 18 yr old male. I'm kinda starting to get worried after reading all this stuff about anal cancer so I was wondering if anyone in here had any thoughts. I decided to post in here instead of making a new thread mainly because it sounded like it was on the same track as kersch433. Thanks in advance for your help!
|

replied July 11th, 2004
I have the exact same problem as kersch.. About the size of a pea right around the opening of the anus. I'm also 16... Wondering what this is... If its and external hemeroid, how do these come about.. I cant think of anything that could cause this that i've done.. . It does hurt alot when preassure is applyed, and it came out of nowhere one day. I am going to go to my doctor soon but if anyone knows anything about this any information would be great
|

replied July 22nd, 2004
Lump Above Anus
Hi, i'm 17 and going out of my mind,

i have a lump about the size of my big toe, just above my anus!!

Can someone please help me?

I'm too scaerd 2 go 2 the doctors in case they tell me it's cancer!!

If someone has had the same problem please tell what it could be!!!!!!

My mother tell's me it could be a pile, it hurts when I put pressure on it and when I go 2 the toilet and when i'm walking.

It feels like I have a tail groing through, its just above my anus hole, and it is killing me wondering what it is!!

Please please help me,
thank you
|

replied July 22nd, 2004
Experienced User
Kyle

going to your doctor want change what it is or isn't.

I think your mother is right, it is most likely a pile.

Mike
|

replied April 19th, 2005
I'm not sure it's related to the topic of skin-cancer - but I don't know where else, so there we go.
Years ago I noticed that I have a small hole (approx. The width of a pencil) just above my anus. It's not a sphincter...It's just a hole. I don't know what it does or what it's there for, but I doubt it's dangerous.
Anyone know what it might be? Is it normal?
|

replied April 27th, 2005
Small Pencil Sized Hole Above Anus
Hey queenofthemay. This link should answer all of your questions or concerns! Surgerydoor.Co.Uk/medical_conditions/indic es/p/pilonidal_sinus.Htm
|

replied April 27th, 2005
Lump Near Anus
3 weeks after my son was born last year I noticed a very hard lump right near his anus. I took him to the hospital and they suggested I take him immediately to the childrens hospital to have it removed which I did. It turned out to be a cyst and the doctor told me that it is not that common in babies but it is more common in adults.
|

replied May 8th, 2005
Anus Holes, Bumps, Ets.
Queen of the may! It is 5:15 am and I usually go to bed around 10pm, put I think I finally figured out what is wrong with my boyfriend. It is very similar to what you described. Please check out this website. It is very informative and professional. I am only dismayed that it was so hard to find. I googled and googled. I finally gave up and went to altavista. That eventually led me to pilonidal sinus.
Http://www.Pilonidal.Org/
i really hope that this is not what you have, but knowledge is power. Good luck!
|

replied September 14th, 2005
Strange Thing Ive Never Heard Of???
Ya mine is kind of strange, just at the top of my butt crack/lower back, but more in the crack at the top, there is a small bump and just under it is a tiny hole, about 2 inches above my anus, when I push on the bump this kind of clear blood like fluid drains from, what im assuming is the lump, does anyone kno what this could be? Im only 18 and I dont think its very likely getting cancer there...:p
|

replied December 6th, 2005
Hey everyone

please read this topic

http://ehealthforum.Com/health/topic36616. Html

it might help. And if any of these things are happening to you, the best thing to do is not worry. Go get yourself a drink and relax. It's not going to kill you. Many people have this or get it later in life. Infact, in ww2 over 80,000 soldiers got pilodinal cysts just from riding in jeeps because of the irritation it caused the area from the bumps.

Anyway, talk to your parents and then see a doctor. If you're experiencing discomfort/pain with any discharges, youll will probably need to get perscribed antibiotics or some topical ointments to help until they decide the best plan of action. Worst that can happen is you get it removed and get to watch cartoons on the couch for a few weeks.

Best of luck and take it easy
|

replied February 6th, 2006
Lump And Holes
As long as I can remember i've had a hole at the top of my arse crack and jsut thought it was a cut untill I showed my boyfriend and he told me it was a tiny hole, and sometimes it bleeds only a little though.
I recently found a lump just on the outside of my anus, and it is sore to put on any pressure even when standing awkardly.
I've told my boyfriend and he said it's proberly nothing but I dont know. I dont want to go to the doctor coz im too embara ssed.:oops:
could someone please help me out. I am only 17, do you think that the lump and the hole could be related?

Cheers ...
|

replied August 10th, 2006
Lump On Anus
Ok this is really weird as I was starting to freak out thinking that I was a freak or something with this problem. Im also 16 and have found a smal lump on my anus. It suddenly appeared a few days ago, I didn't notice it until I went to the toilet and was in immense pain. It is making it very painful for me to sit down, but when I do manage to sit down for a while I am unable to move. I'm usually very active and at the present time I am unable to do any sports or walk at all.

It is pink in colour, the same as the skin surrounding it and is the shape of a chocolate minstrel which looked like it is stuck in there.

I'm starting to get really worried now as I am too embassed to tell anybody even my parents. Does anybody have an idea about what it could be?
|

replied September 20th, 2006
Yeah I have the same thing and mines been there for like a year and I just want it to go away has anyone been to the doctor yet....What did they say I mean I can't stop the bleeding like it will drain 6 times a day and im getting tried of it and I dont want surgery so some one please let me know whats goin on thanks
|

replied September 21st, 2006
Same thing...Mine doesnt hurt at all or anything...It's really starting to scare me...

I took a picture and this is what it looks like...
|

replied September 21st, 2006
Yeah...Pick didn't work...But anyways has anyone been to the doctor bout it yet I really want know what they said...I just want a peaceful day with out having to worry bout if there is a stain on the back of my pants were it drained im getting scared and mad....Someone help please
|

replied November 9th, 2006
Same exact thing here, I just want to know how to get rid of it with out going to the doctor
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
User Profile
Dr. Robert Wascher
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar