Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

Need Help I Can't Stop Cutting Myself? (Page 1)

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
Hi,
my name is jennifer and I am a cutter and I am not proud of it at all.
I tried to let my dad know that I need help for almost like 2 years now and I am 15 yrs old will be 16 on march 16th.
He said he will get me help never has.
I get flash back what had happen to me in the past and I cry myself to sleep, I even cut myself to wash the pain away, I tend to force myself to vomit a lot and I eat like a pig and then vomit.
I know I have depression.
My attiude towards my friends are mean and hateful.
I quit going outside cuz I am scared.
I surround myself with crowds.
When I was 5 yrs old I was abused all the way to 7 yrs old by my step mom.
I went through rape when I was 11 at a store behind some place where no one will see and I went through another rape in 2004 thats when I was 14 yrs old on december 15th 2004. This time it was a different guy and I have been blaming things on myself and saying that it all my fault and I brought this to myself and it hurts a lot.
I have tried to kill myself so many times but my dad always there at the right time to stop me killing myself.
I went through racism when I was in the 5th grade and other kids hitting me. Then again I went through it again in the 9th grade kids throwing things at me and calling me names like asians are not allowed in the u.S.
I just now cut myself and I have been trying to stop but I can't.
I need help.
Can anyone plzzz help me out plzzz.
I need advice before things go out of control.

Sincerely,
jennifer.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Lonely_Yet_Sad
|

replied June 26th, 2005
It's no wonder you feal so terrable after having such a traumatis childhood. With issues as complex as these I dont think any of us are in a position to give you advice. I might recamend therapy. It would allow you to work through you issues and perhaps allow you to just get on with your life. If your father isnt helping perhaps speak to someone else, like a teacher and see if they can arrange somethign for you.

I know it is difficult for you but please hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Take care
xxxxxxxx
|

replied June 26th, 2005
adamj wrote:
it's no wonder you feal so terrable after having such a traumatis childhood. With issues as complex as these I dont think any of us are in a position to give you advice. I might recamend therapy. It would allow you to work through you issues and perhaps allow you to just get on with your life. If your father isnt helping perhaps speak to someone else, like a teacher and see if they can arrange somethign for you.

I know it is difficult for you but please hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Take care
xxxxxxxx

my dad is finally listening to me I going to see the doctor sometime this week and get my depression under control.
I got him to listen to wat I have to say and he is helping me.
Thanks for your advice and I just might go and get therapy and I have to let my dad know about it.
Well I have to go now to get my rest of at least have some talk with my dad.
|

replied June 27th, 2005
Well done you!!!

I really mean it, its hard to take those first steps but thats what your are doing. Just stay determined as you are and I know you will get better.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
|

replied July 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
To lonelit may help to get a psychiatrist who hopefully would manage your case
cutting is quite common and docs wont be surprised, its usually caused by stress and anxiety and the person feels more relaxed for a while after cutting
look up cutting on the net, lots of info and perhaps support groups
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2008
i need help
I am cutting myself i did it in yer 10 and i am stiol doing it am in yer 11 and less then 15 week at school i am 15 now going to be 16 in june 30th 2008 i have`nt tell my mum i need help yet i riley want to diy
|

replied August 12th, 2008
can't
i jush can't stop cutting myself i start when i was 14 for 2 years i been doing it a year ago i turned to my mum for help but i jush can't stop am now 16 and the help am geting is not helping me at all some times i wood of die some times coz i wanted too.
|

can't
i jush can't stop cutting myself i start when i was 14 for 2 years i been doing it a year ago i turned to my mum for help but i jush can't stop am now 16 and the help am geting is not helping me at all some times i wood of die some times coz i wanted too.
|

Experienced User
nned help i can't stop cutting myself
you need to seek treatment with someone who specializes in the personality disorder referred to as "borderline." you describe all the classic symptoms of the disorder, the depressed feelings, low-self-esteem, self-mutilation, etc. There is help for you and working as a licensed therapist for the past 20 years i have treated my fair share of this disorder.
|

Experienced User
I just wanted to show my support, I am borderline personality, and had past physical and sexual abuse but I don't cut. But I know what you are going through with the depression I am also Bipolar.

Hang in there, take care of yourself.
|

replied August 8th, 2009
I NEED HELP I CANT STOP CUTTING
I NEED HELP TO CUTTING IS LIKE MY ONLY RESORT
I BEEN IN THE SYSREM SINCE I WAS 2 IM 16 NOW SOMETIME I BLAME IT ALL ON ME EVEN THO I KNO ITS NOT MY FAULT ...
I CUT MYSELF 40 TIMES LAST NITE ..AND I WANNA CUT MORE BUT I THINK ITS BECOMING A PROBLEM ....I DONT KNO WUTT TO DO I JUST KNO I NEED HELP
|
Users who thank lil_trina16 for this post: ADOLF 

replied August 8th, 2009
Jenifer, listen i completely understand why you cut yourself i did the same thing, i still cut my self now but i have seriously curbbed it. Your still in school right? Honestly see the school councillor or the school nurse they can help you. And you can either get them to involve your dad or not. Seriously i understand more then you think i could!! But i will say this, do it for yourself... no one else, its you who ha to get over this for your own sake!!... keep me posted ok?? x
|

replied August 8th, 2009
Jennifer, I am not a doctor but I do have a friend that does the same thing and I also have done alot of research on this subject. Have you ever heard of something called Borderline Personality Disorder? One of the common criteria for this is cutting/self mutilation, eating disorders, etc. If this is the case, you do probably suffer from depression and anxiety amongst other things. You really do need to get this under control now. If your father doesnt come through, I agree with others here that you can talk to a counselor, but dont rely on that counselor as your only resourse of support. You need to see a professional. If that is not possible because school is not in session, a womens shelter can help you to point you where to go for help.

Good luck to you and please make sure to follow through with getting help. You deserve a bright future Jennifer.
|

replied August 3rd, 2010
help me please i keep cutting myself. any suggestion i have therapy but aint workin?
|

replied August 3rd, 2010
guys plz help me i am tryin to cut again any help plz
|

replied August 10th, 2010
Jennifer you are an amazing being. God bless you so much, and in NO doubt I am praying/wishing/hoping for you right now...to remain well. What you wrote touched me dearly. Wow. Best wishes.
|

replied April 4th, 2011
I have been cutting my self for sometime I dont know what do currently see a councilor which does not help me. I have lot healthissue going on in my life but i am very scared just feel need injured myself things go wrong and cant cope.
|

replied April 5th, 2011
Next time you pick up the knife, scissors, etc., take a deep breath, count to 30, and keep your eyes closes. Put it down and walk away. if you come back, it's ok. Write in a diary or journal how you feel. Just try to do that until you don't feel the need to cut anymore. Trust me I've done the same.
|

replied April 21st, 2011
I keep cutting... can't stop
My name's Kaily.
Ive been cutting for two years now, and with me coming out of the closet... it's become worse... not to mention my parents think I'm stupid, because my little sister's some kind of prodigy. I feel like the "other kid" and I'm angry at myself for not being good enough. I was told today that I should go die. I don't feel like I have any worth. I have scars from the top of my thigh all the way down to my knee. I want to stop, I really do. But it's become a sickening addiction. I really want to tell someone, but at my school, there's been several accounts of this, but none of them have been helped. I don't want to make my family look bad because the counselor is my little sister's best friend's mom. It's really tough.I can't seem to get out, and I've tried almost everything I can to stop. Please help me.
|

replied June 6th, 2011
I first cutted myself few months ago and idk I'm fine I feel ok and all and idk something always drag me to do it again like I'm addicted to pain or something idk.I like th pain the blood slowly dropping from my hand....my life is good nothing bad is going on and I don't have a reason and it's eating me alive I want to cut but I won't it's wrong I won't let myself I....idk like something inside wants me dead and I think I will sooner or later do it again
|
12 >>
Quick Reply