Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

When Did You

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Start to show

and feel the baby move
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2005
Experienced User
Q&a
Hi there,
every pregnancy is different, so you'll probably get various answers i've got more than 1 for you for starters !!!

1st pregnancy: lost my waist at about 7 weeks, started looking a bit tummyish around 14 weeks and got progressively less fat looking, and more properly pregnant looking until there was no mistaking I was pregnant-somewhere between 5 and 6 months. I had been quite underweight to begin with, but gained 25-30 kilograms during the pregnancy. I fist felt the baby move at 19 weeks. It was a tickle, like a loose thread or something brushing against my stomach, I spent a full day swiping at it and looking for this elusive thread before I realised what was going on.

2nd pregnancy: I was a bit overwieght to begin with this time, as I had slipped two disks in my back, and had been bed-ridden for a good couple of months. I started looking tummyish before 12 weeks, it was pretty rounded, but you wouldn't know for sure I was pregnant. I was starting to worry about how quickly I was growing at about 15 weeks, but then it seemed to slow down suddenly, and hasn't really changed again 'till just the last couple of days (i'm nearly 22 weeks now) so i'm looking definately pregnant now, funily enough, at about the exact same time as my last pregnancy (5-6 months) although, I think I might have been slioghtly bigger last time. I recognised those first baby tickles at 14 weeks, this time, more than a month earlier than the first time.
I have gained 5 kilos this time, so far.

Are you pregnant? How far along are you?

It's a bit of a long wait between the positive test result, and something definate happening isn't it !! (well, except if you get morning sickness)

the last part of pregnancy is the most exciting, to me anyway. You can really get excited about seeing your baby, and you can feel it moving all the time, and start getting ready for it.

Hope you enjoy it- there's nothing like it, that's for sure!!!!
|

replied June 29th, 2005
Felt fluttering- 4 months
felt kicks- 5 months
started showing (i was already overweight so this will probably be later than most answers)- 6 1/2 months

i was super-anxious to feel movement since the day I saw those two lines, so month 5 was like "yay yay yay yay" for me. Goodluck.
|

replied July 1st, 2005
I'm 5 months now and I started to feel very very very faint squishes in my lower tummy sometime during the 4th month. I wasn't sure if it was my instestines digesting or the baby but i'm sure it was the baby.

Feeling the baby move for the first time also depends greatly on where your placenta is growing (front, back, side, top, bottom). Mine is growing in the front so it's harder for me to feel big kicks because the placenta is acting like a cushion.

But since the baby has grown a bit, he's stronger and I feel the kicks all the time now. I sometimes see my tummy poke out for a split second when he kicks.
|

replied July 1st, 2005
Also, usually women don't start to show until their late 4th or 5th month. I'm very slender and started at 105 before my pregnancy and I noticed that my tummy just "popped" out all of a sudden between weeks 20 and 21. It was still unrecognizable before week 20 but shows very prominently beginning in week 21.
|

replied July 1st, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
I was almost 6 months before you could tell I was pregnant and not just gaining weight. I felt my baby move at about 14 weeks
|
Quick Reply