Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Colonoscopy

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
I had a colonoscopy done on nov. 13 and the doctorsaid I had a twisted bowel. I was pretty much out of it when he told me this and I was sondering if anyone knew what this meant and how did this bowel get twisted and do they do anything for it. I don't have another appointment with him for 3 months. I do swell in the stomach area. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 15th, 2003
Experienced User
He/she probably observed an error of constriction rather than a looped or twisted bowel, which can kill and would have been addressed immediately.

Mike
|

replied November 28th, 2003
Colonoscopy
Lynne, you really should check with your doc, he/she should not object to re-explaining the findings while you aren't being affected by sedatives and/or anesthetics. You should get a written report. I had the report to take home with me after my colonosopy and polyp removal earlier this month, including 5 pictures showing the normal points of special interest to the doc, as well as the polyp and the post-polyectomy, also some small hemorrhoids which were not a concern.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Robert Wascher
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal