Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Soon As I Wake Up I Go Straight On the Pc All Day

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Soon as I wake up I go straight on the pc all day,,,everyday of the week...I dont get no excericse at all... I sit in a chair all day and I hardly get up and move...Can this make you ill?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 8th, 2005
Experienced User
???
|

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2009
I would assume it probably could. Too much of one thing is generally not good. The father of my little brothers did not work for winter so he sat on the computer or watching the tv for 5 months every year for the past 3-5 years. It ended up putting him in what we called a "funk" he became very selfish and bitter. (My mother and him are in the devorce process as we speak) If there is anyway you can get off the computer even if for a few moments and do something like walk in the sun or hang out with a couple friends, or work on any relationship in your life that would probably be a good thing.

I'm sure you two are very different people and it sounds like your computer use is perhaps job related. Maybe try getting up earlier and walking to work if its not too far. Or find a nice park to walk to for lunch. Eat healthy and try to get up as much as you can.

My mom also has a job where she uses the computer alot the difference between her and her soon to be ex husband is in her time off she avoided the computer and tv like a plague lol. I find she is generally happier when she is on the computer less.

I hope this helped

Jems
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Don't you want to enjoy the summer?! Are you really happy sitting at the computer all day?

Of course, if you continue to sit at a computer every day I'm sure it'll have effects on your health! Weight, vision, and mentality.

It might even convince you that virtual reality is actually reality. Meaning, people thing being on facebook is like being part of an ACTUAL community. Not real.

I hope you find some desire and motivation to go out and enjoy some of the other things you like to do!
|

Extremely eHealthy
It can damage your eyesight, that's about it. However the other things you're neglecting like healthy exercise, exposure to sunlight and contact with other people are the things that prevent your body from deteriorating and falling out of balance and your mind from slipping into insanity. It's probably safe to think of things this way. A day spent inside, jacked into your computer removes 24 hours from your lifespan, give-or-take 48 hours.
|