Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Shall I Just Call It a Day?

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Well here I am after another failed chemotherapy session. And my meds arent working and im cutting again.See I have dysthymia and also a brain tumor binigne and I have a expected live date till im 21 im 19 now shall I just get over with it?

If you want all my history please ask and ill reply... Thankyou
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Hi. Your post is very serious and im not sure wot I can say to you. First of all im so sorry to hear wot u are going through..I could never imagine if it were myself. You say the doctors give you until you are 21, is there no hope that you could get through this. In my opionion there is always hope no matter the situation there are miracles

please dont give up you have battled so much already, give yourself a chance to overcome it if possible. Your family must be going through hell as well spend as much time as possible with them making every day count!!

Again I dont really know wot to tell u but just thought I should tell you just try to be strong and enjoy any time you have left.

Xx
|

replied June 25th, 2005
Thankyou for your advice
|

replied June 27th, 2005
Willpower.... The will to live, is stronger than anything else. Any medication, and in combination, miracles can happen. If you want to live longer, you can- believe it, refues to give up. Refuse. Fight. Fight like a motherfck. Don't believe anything you are told, my uncle was supposed to die about 30years ago and he's fine. The will to live, be strong. You can do it!! Don't give up, don't give in!
|

replied June 28th, 2005
Experienced User
Are you in pain? Answer asap please
|

replied June 28th, 2005
Hey,
How r u feeling now?? R u okay?
|

replied January 22nd, 2006
Just try to live life to its fullest.Because you never know exacly when your last day will be.

-danielle
|

replied February 6th, 2006
Everyone's day will come and not all of us know exactly when this will be.

Just be grateful god gave you the gift of life which is a very special experience.

Get out and enjoy your life, after all, it is your life and we all live only once.

Regards

barry.
|

replied January 10th, 2009
Be alive.
I'm not religious, I've done alot of good things and alot of bad things in my life.

Only rule to life, is be alive for the moment and take the time to make someone happy. That's the easiest way to be happy yourself. Make someone miserable, it'll haunt you for days.

Since you've been given a timescale, you've got more reason to make as many people happy as you can, through their happyness, you'll be fulfilled and they will remember you when you're not around.

Noone know's what tomorrow will bring, so don't think about the worst, work towards the best, make someone happy and enjoy the pleasure you'll get from seeing them smile.

Be honest, be forgiving, be alive. Don't waste time on the unneccessary. Don't be selfish, you, me, we...could all be gone tomorrow. Anyone who remembers us, should remember the best of us.

The best of you. Be strong.
|

User Profile
replied January 10th, 2009
Be strong
Bro i just want to add up... all of us... our time is already written we just don't know how and when.... so try to live your life to the fullest... Good Luck bro and God Bless you
|

replied January 11th, 2009
Experienced User
still something!!!!!!
you must have a fav tv show how will the plot unfold? have u played all the video game titles out there? write a book? prank call as many people as possible in a day the thoughts are endless! this is the perfect opportunity to do stuff especially when one is nearly at an end it doesn't matter then just don't do really illegal stuff of course don't hurt someone too! dragonflies only live for 24 hrs you have way more than that! lots of stuff to do! even though it's meaningless whatever, still something!
|