Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

I Cant Breathe....help!

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
I have never had allergies until about 2 yrs ago. And then all of sudden my nose stays stopped up, my ears pop,my eyes water like im crying constantly!!!! I have went to the doc and all they can say is heres this medication take it see if it helps. Ive been on claritin, allegra, allegra d, zertec, zertec d, all kinds of nasal sprays, everything. Im on zertec -d right now and it seems to make the reations less extreme but like right now my nose is pouring and I can not breathe. The only way I can stop it is to take like actived on top of the zertec and that works but in a few years ill be dead from heart failure. My mom said go get allergy shots but I dont have healthh insurance right now at the time it should fully kick in next year. Any ideas>???????

It would be easy to say things like perfume that really bothers me but I cant narrow it down because some times it does and some times it dont its like that with everything
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 30th, 2010
My daughter is 11 and has suffered from Allergy-induced asthma since she was a year old. She was tested for 30 things and is allergic to 27 of them. She has been on numerous amounts of medications---some of the ones you've listed as well as many others and nothing seems to help her nose from ever being stopped up. She even done allergy shots for 3 years and it seemed to help her for a while during and even after she stopped them, but within time she relasped back into the same old pattern before. Just this past month we had her yearly physical done and she failed her hearing test 3 times so her PCP Dr. referred her to an Audiologist where several thorough tests were performed. The Audiologist felt that since her nose stays stopped up and she is what they call a mouth breather, it would be beneficial for her to see an ENT. I took her today and they decided that since we have basically been down every path medicine wise that the only next logical step would be removing the Adnoids and placing tubes in both her right and left ear. Her surgery is next week and I am so nervous but my baby has been through so much with all this mess basically her whole life so I am hoping that this will provide her with a better life when it comes to her breathing patterns. I am so sorry that you are having trouble--it sounds like you are having Chronic Rhinitis, which is a never ending pattern of dealing with major sinus problems--whether it be excessive draining or stopped up all the time. I hope you feel better soon.
|

replied July 8th, 2010
Is she around wood smoke at all=chimaneas firepits etc?They don't test for that and it is a huge problem in the us and Canada!It contains 50 chemicals plus MOLD SPORES- A COMMON ALLERGENT
|

replied July 8th, 2010
Re: I Cant Breathe....help!
cphilyaw wrote:
I have never had allergies until about 2 yrs ago. And then all of sudden my nose stays stopped up, my ears pop,my eyes water like im crying constantly!!!! I have went to the doc and all they can say is heres this medication take it see if it helps. Ive been on claritin, allegra, allegra d, zertec, zertec d, all kinds of nasal sprays, everything. Im on zertec -d right now and it seems to make the reations less extreme but like right now my nose is pouring and I can not breathe. The only way I can stop it is to take like actived on top of the zertec and that works but in a few years ill be dead from heart failure. My mom said go get allergy shots but I dont have healthh insurance right now at the time it should fully kick in next year. Any ideas>???????

It would be easy to say things like perfume that really bothers me but I cant narrow it down because some times it does and some times it dont its like that with everything
dO YOU USE ANY NASAL SPRAYS_NASAL COURT IS GOOD.Also I am the same when certain things don't bother me-but if you are bombarded with a bunch they will all kick in and make you supersensitive! Are you around wood smoke at all firepits or chimaneas? They are toxic to allergy people,asthmatics etc-many emit mold spores into the air along with 50 or so other toxins!
|