Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

a Question About Boobs!!!!! (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Hi,

ive got a bit of a problem. I've just started taking yasmine contraceptive pill, its the only pill that hasnt made me ill. I'm just into my second month but I have one problem...My boobs are huge!! I shouldnt really complain, but ive gone up from a small c to a large d, none of my bra's fit! There big, solid and are starting to hurt. I cant lie down on my belly anymore. I'm not a big girl so this is rather bizzare for me!

Has anyone had this problem on the pill? :oops:
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper peanetta
|

replied June 22nd, 2005
Lol you lucky girl! I dunno why thats happened but its good.
|

replied June 22nd, 2005
I just was wondering the same thing....And from what im told...That happens sometimes....Because of the hormones in birth control....I really dont have the smallest boobs and it sucks when they get a whole cup bigger!...I know how you feel
|

replied June 22nd, 2005
After having two children, I went from a 'b' to almost nothing. Had I known your situation with this contraceptive, I wouldn't have bought them and saved about $4000...Lol! Hang in there, it may not last forever, your body does weird things when trying to get used to loads of hormones.
|

replied June 26th, 2005
Hi. I had the same thing happen to me. I went from a c, to an overflowing c into a d. It definalty hurt a lot at first (when the were growing, I guess). But after a while they won't anymore. It was probably a couple of months before they felt like normal again. You will be able to sleep on your stomach again!!!
|

replied April 6th, 2011
hi, how long did it take for you to notice your boobs growing? and also, what kind of birth control are you on?
|

replied June 26th, 2005
Experienced User
Yep its natural, nothing is wrong with you, I am on ortho tri-cyclen lo, and my boobs have grown from a b to an overflowing c almost d, (my c bra isnt quite fitting anymore) bad thing is my breast grew so fast I have stretch marks on the sides, its really sucky, but them being bigger is kinda nice, tops look so much cuter on me now! Hehe.
(any tips on getting rid of stretch marks would be great!)
|

replied October 6th, 2011
I am on ortho try-cyclen lo too. I've been taking it since June and my bra size went up to C from b/w A or B.
I shouldn't complain it either but it costs a lot to buy new bras.
|

replied March 26th, 2012
Hi, i was on a different pill then about two months ago switched to the same pill you use but my boobs are shrinking. How long did it take for you to notice growth in your boobs on this pill?? And also shae an coco butter do wonders on stretch marks.
|

replied June 28th, 2005
Miss shortie, how long were you on ortho try-cyclen lo before you started to see your boobs growing? I have been on it for two months and I have noticed no growth.
|

replied June 29th, 2005
My boobs started growing about 2 months after I started taking ortho tri lo...Im not missshortie but I hope I helped!
|

replied June 29th, 2005
Yes mandy, you did help. Thanks! I have not yet been on ortho trycyclen lo for two months so perhpas its still too early too tell, but I have not experienced this wonderful side effect yet.
|

replied July 1st, 2005
It can be good I guess....But when they grow...They grow fast....I had no clue what hit me when it happened.....Im 16 and I was a c so I was fine and happy with that but then they just started growing again...It sucked kinda...But I guess theres some good points
|

replied July 6th, 2005
I have been on ortho low for 4 months...My boobs got about a cup size larger and then became smaller than before...Will they get bigger again?
|

replied July 13th, 2005
Especially eHealthy
Wow! I'm a tiny a cup (barely an a!) and i'm 20! When I was on the pills at age 16 for 3 months I didn't notice and boob enlargement, but it's sure be nice if they did grow, huh? Well, i'm only in month one (actually waiting frantically for my period) so we'll have to see, huh?
|

replied July 15th, 2005
That happened to my best friend when she went on yasmin. She went from a c to a full d and she said it was horrible. She too now has stretch marks and she had to get off of it because it was doing horrible things to her body.

I am a b and I am on ortho lo, my boobs are still about the same size, maybe a little fuller but I fit just fine into my bras. Thats fine by me being so petit and all I was actually really worried that would happen to me too but thank god im still normal size.

I havnt really had any side effects on ortho lo, so I think it's a keeper.

If you experience a lot of weird side effects you might want to look into pills like ortho lo and the "mini pill"...Good luck!
|

replied July 22nd, 2005
You can put liquid vitamin e on stretch marks, or any scars, to reduce them somewhat. Buy it at any drug store, ask pharmacist if you can't find it.
|

replied August 31st, 2005
Especially eHealthy
Okay it's me again... Ortho lo, month three... I haven't noticed boob enlargement, but my bf asked if they were getting bigger, and I had to laugh, because I certainly hadn't noticed anthing!
|

Especially eHealthy
Okay it's me again... Ortho lo, month three... I haven't noticed boob enlargement, but my bf asked if they were getting bigger, and I had to laugh, because I certainly hadn't noticed anthing!
|

Experienced User
I think it really depends on the pill. Like 6 years ago I switched pills to necon and had an increase. Now i'm on ortho lo and i've actually lost some weight and it took my boobs with it. Depends on the pill and the person.
|

Especially eHealthy
Oh no! The magically shrinking cleavage!
|

replied September 3rd, 2005
Oh Wow...
Well, I am a newbie currently taking seasonale... But if the boob thing is true, then I think I will have to change my birth control pill! Woo hooo.... I hope the same happens for me.

Question... If you stop taking that pill, do the boobs shrink again?

Question... Do they ever shrink back at all when the pain stops?

Thanx ^_^
|

replied September 13th, 2005
Ok so does ortho lo cause ur boobs to grow more or yasmine cuz I realllly need help in that department lol I need to be on the pills so I might as well be on the one that has some miracle grow in it haha
|