Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Head Tingling, Numbness-vertigo...related??? (Page 1)

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hi all, well this is going to be a long post. Here's the deal... I am a 37 year old female having extreme difficulty in finding a doctor able to make a diagnosis or help with treatment. I have seen my family Dr. (an internist), who has referred me to an ent (appt. Is still two months out) and a neurologist. The following is a list of symptoms and know test and their results.

My symptoms began in early oct. Of 2004, the onset was a 24 hour episode of severe vertigo. Within a few days following the vertigo (with no incident or accident) my neck became stiff and sore with tingling and numbness in my head. After two months with no relief is when I began seeking medical attention, beginning with a chiropractor for the neck and tingling (assuming it was a pinched nerve). The chiropractor did not help after numerous visits over a two-month period. My Dr. Then sent me to the neurologist. He presumed the tingling, numbness and neck pain was not related to the vertigo. He was primarily interested in the vertigo. Additionally I have aura migraines occasionally with no onset of headaches. Symptoms he noted of interest include the following: vertigo, tinitus, aura migraines (prior, during and following vertigo) and bouts with diarrhea. He preformed nerve tests, mri's, hearing tests, balance and vertigo tests. All tests came back normal. He did prescribe a medication (sorry, I forgot the name) that is actually for epilepsy, but might help with the numbness, coldness and tingling. It did help, but after three weeks caused depression. I stopped the medication at that point. Here's where I am at to date. Although the head tingling, etc. Ceased for a month or so, it is back with a vengeance. It is an all day, every day thing, the only thing that comes and goes with it, is the intensity and the movement of the tingling. Sometimes it is only at the very top of my head (also sore spot there on occasion) other times it radiates into the left side of my cheek and slightly into my forehead.)
also to note, the vertigo is becoming severe in its frequency and duration. What started as a one to two hour episode happening once every six months or so over the last four years, easily treated with dramamine, has increased to the last episode three weeks ago lasting 10 days. (with two relatively good days within that time frame) no medication helped. Dramamine, advant(sp?), a 10-day steroid pack, the motion-sickness patch, or an anti-anxiety medication I can't recall the name of either.
There was initial hope that this was all due to something called benign positional vertigo, but the symptoms apparently didn't match and the positional treatments did not affect any change. They have also considered menerige's disease (spelling?) not to be confirmed or ruled out just unlikely at this time. Also probably not ms, no signs of that in mri.
Obviously, I am relieved that nothing appears to be life threading, no tumors, no lesions on the brain, etc. However, the symptoms of the neck soreness are still occurring, the tingling, coldness, numbness is both annoying and at times sore and the vertigo episodes have me on edge and concerned every time I feel even slightly off balance for fear of being bed ridden for another week. Please help, I know i've rambled and given you a lot of information to digest, but I am at a loss as to who to turn to or what to do. My family and my business (all of which I love) are suffering too. Any help or suggestion would be an enormous help!

Regards
:?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Sue32
|

replied November 28th, 2007
Head Tingling
Did you ever get relief from these symptoms. Did you ever find out what was/is causing the sypmtoms. I have ahd the same thing going on for about 6 months.
|

replied December 14th, 2011
none
i have the same symptoms, by chance were u ever diagnosed with TMJ? i had and i believe my symptoms r related to it.
|

replied January 10th, 2008
Re: Head Tingling, Numbness-vertigo...related???
kball wrote:
I am a 48 yr. female. I have had similar symptons. Mine started in June 2007. I had a stiff neck with severe headache that lasted for 3 wks. morning to night. Pain releivers did not help. Pilates helped for an hour or so, but then came back. I was doing pilates one morning and stretching my neck to releive pain and started doing stomach crunches. all of a sudden the celing fan seemed to spin so I stopped. I went into kitchen was fine about 10 min. later walking into living room extreme vertigo spinning layed on floor was afraid might fall for 45 min. tried to get up 3 times, but would spin.finally able to get in chair. Could not turn head to left wihout spinning vertigo. Saw family Dr., then ENT, they did beign positional vertigo manuever. Releif, could lay on left side! Tinitus started though and tingling on head increased. If I sit and don't move head too much o.k., but if I do any movement or neck movement, waking too fast I feel off balance and wobbly which was a new symptom., especially at night lying down. Now also have problems on right side. feel eyes move involuntarily. All same tests and all normal also. Eyes also have trouble following fast movement, had a terrible experience at the IMAX theatre film was too fast certain scenes cause vertigo sensations. I had another problem at the Aquarium watchig fish movement. My neck and back of head don't have pain anymore, but with even slightest movement I hear creaking or ratcheting sound. I feel this is all connected that I might have a piched nerve or someting that is out of line, maybe caused from the stomach crunches and pilates. My next step is a physical therapist or a nuerologocal chiropractor. I can't keep living like this. Please let me know any new info. I'm very frustrated with not being able to get a diagnosis.
jasmagiHi all, well this is going to be a long post. Here's the deal... I am a 37 year old female having extreme difficulty in finding a doctor able to make a diagnosis or help with treatment. I have seen my family Dr. (an internist), who has referred me to an ent (appt. Is still two months out) and a neurologist. The following is a list of symptoms and know test and their results.

My symptoms began in early oct. Of 2004, the onset was a 24 hour episode of severe vertigo. Within a few days following the vertigo (with no incident or accident) my neck became stiff and sore with tingling and numbness in my head. After two months with no relief is when I began seeking medical attention, beginning with a chiropractor for the neck and tingling (assuming it was a pinched nerve). The chiropractor did not help after numerous visits over a two-month period. My Dr. Then sent me to the neurologist. He presumed the tingling, numbness and neck pain was not related to the vertigo. He was primarily interested in the vertigo. Additionally I have aura migraines occasionally with no onset of headaches. Symptoms he noted of interest include the following: vertigo, tinitus, aura migraines (prior, during and following vertigo) and bouts with diarrhea. He preformed nerve tests, mri's, hearing tests, balance and vertigo tests. All tests came back normal. He did prescribe a medication (sorry, I forgot the name) that is actually for epilepsy, but might help with the numbness, coldness and tingling. It did help, but after three weeks caused depression. I stopped the medication at that point. Here's where I am at to date. Although the head tingling, etc. Ceased for a month or so, it is back with a vengeance. It is an all day, every day thing, the only thing that comes and goes with it, is the intensity and the movement of the tingling. Sometimes it is only at the very top of my head (also sore spot there on occasion) other times it radiates into the left side of my cheek and slightly into my forehead.)
also to note, the vertigo is becoming severe in its frequency and duration. What started as a one to two hour episode happening once every six months or so over the last four years, easily treated with dramamine, has increased to the last episode three weeks ago lasting 10 days. (with two relatively good days within that time frame) no medication helped. Dramamine, advant(sp?), a 10-day steroid pack, the motion-sickness patch, or an anti-anxiety medication I can't recall the name of either.

There was initial hope that this was all due to something called benign positional vertigo, but the symptoms apparently didn't match and the positional treatments did not affect any change. They have also considered menerige's disease (spelling?) not to be confirmed or ruled out just unlikely at this time. Also probably not ms, no signs of that in mri.

Obviously, I am relieved that nothing appears to be life threading, no tumors, no lesions on the brain, etc. However, the symptoms of the neck soreness are still occurring, the tingling, coldness, numbness is both annoying and at times sore and the vertigo episodes have me on edge and concerned every time I feel even slightly off balance for fear of being bed ridden for another week. Please help, I know i've rambled and given you a lot of information to digest, but I am at a loss as to who to turn to or what to do. My family and my business (all of which I love) are suffering too. Any help or suggestion would be an enormous help!

Regards
Confused
|

replied April 28th, 2012
I'm having alot of the same problem for two years not one dr has help now the eyes and bladder have joined the party.So frustrating i know how you feel my job and family are suffering too sorry you don't feel well let's hope someone can help us soon. j vans
|

Re: Head Tingling, Numbness-vertigo...related???
kball wrote:
I am a 48 yr. female. I have had similar symptons. Mine started in June 2007. I had a stiff neck with severe headache that lasted for 3 wks. morning to night. Pain releivers did not help. Pilates helped for an hour or so, but then came back. I was doing pilates one morning and stretching my neck to releive pain and started doing stomach crunches. all of a sudden the celing fan seemed to spin so I stopped. I went into kitchen was fine about 10 min. later walking into living room extreme vertigo spinning layed on floor was afraid might fall for 45 min. tried to get up 3 times, but would spin.finally able to get in chair. Could not turn head to left wihout spinning vertigo. Saw family Dr., then ENT, they did beign positional vertigo manuever. Releif, could lay on left side! Tinitus started though and tingling on head increased. If I sit and don't move head too much o.k., but if I do any movement or neck movement, waking too fast I feel off balance and wobbly which was a new symptom., especially at night lying down. Now also have problems on right side. feel eyes move involuntarily. All same tests and all normal also. Eyes also have trouble following fast movement, had a terrible experience at the IMAX theatre film was too fast certain scenes cause vertigo sensations. I had another problem at the Aquarium watchig fish movement. My neck and back of head don't have pain anymore, but with even slightest movement I hear creaking or ratcheting sound. I feel this is all connected that I might have a piched nerve or someting that is out of line, maybe caused from the stomach crunches and pilates. My next step is a physical therapist or a nuerologocal chiropractor. I can't keep living like this. Please let me know any new info. I'm very frustrated with not being able to get a diagnosis.
jasmagiHi all, well this is going to be a long post. Here's the deal... I am a 37 year old female having extreme difficulty in finding a doctor able to make a diagnosis or help with treatment. I have seen my family Dr. (an internist), who has referred me to an ent (appt. Is still two months out) and a neurologist. The following is a list of symptoms and know test and their results.

Regards
Confused
|

Experienced User
i doubt this is the problem but its worth a try.

tap the side of your cheek, if it twitches
you have low calcium

when my calcium went extremely low i had all the same symptoms

anything is worth trying
|

replied February 25th, 2012
head
wow, thats crazy i just tried it and it twiched!!! I was diagnosed with migriosis when i was 17, I am now 23. Over the last year i developed a numb spot in the back of my head. It never goes away....yesterday my whole head was numb and i didnt know who i was or where i was.....its starting to happen again today...any ideas?
|

replied February 5th, 2009
Crown numbness, dizziness, and diahrrea
I am a 43 yr old female, who has been sick for 5 years - still searching for a diagnosis. A BPPV therapist mentioned to me today that many of her patients are also experiencing diahrea and head tingling & numbness. I have had many head injuries and whiplash and never realized that my dizziness and head numbness could be related to my gastrointestinal problems. I had no idea that everything seemed to be encompassed in 1 illness until every symptom miraculously disappeared at the same time and I felt like a healthy & energetic 16 yr old. This lasted for 2 weeks. On the 15th day, in the morning, I felt like a 16 yr old girl who was actually dancing to loud music in my bedroom. At 7pm, the crown of my head began feeling numb and tingly and all my sick symptoms came back into my body starting from the head down. Because of the chronic fatigue, chronic diahrrea, nausea, vomitting, acid reflux, stiff neck, sinus pain behind eye lids, dizziness, muscle aches, brain fog, inability to concentrate and to make decisions - I had never noticed the numb, tingling feeling. So in one day I went from feeling 16 to feeling 90 - with no idea what it is, why it went away, or why it came back. Drs think it may be celiac sprue eventhough I tested negative (and thought that the Drs. had ruled that out 4 YEARS ago!) Many of my symptoms have gotten better or I may just be adjusting to them. Any advise or direction would be appreciated. I have really bad health insurance now and have run out of money. But I do think the head numbness, dizziness, WITH diahrrea thing is very interesting.
|

replied December 2nd, 2011
Numbness in the back of head and vertigo-related?
WildMystery, you described what I am and have been experiencing! I haven't been well for six weeks now. I have no insurance and no money, therefore I suffer. I am scared to death! I was wondering if you ever got a diagnosis?
|

replied February 26th, 2012
WildMystery
I am wondering . . . are you a tobacco smoker? Sometimes smoking can cause extra bone growth in the cervical region, which, in turn, "chokes" the spinal cord, especially in the mid neck area. This area controls most of the nerves to the head as well.

Oxygen deprivation is a killer! And causes many health problems . . . including tingling and numbness. Funny, though, as yours came on suddenly?
Hope this might help. Aloha
|

replied March 30th, 2009
I am 38 year old who had a hysterectomy when i came home I turned my neck and started having vertigo but no neck stiffness until 3 weeks later in the meantime I would have numbess in left foot, hands and feet especially if I had to be in a situation where the head has alot of movement from left to right up and down. I am frustrated too. Head MRI turned out good. Neurologist is waiting to do Neck and back MRI to see if physical therapy will help. The vertigo has lessened greatly. I'm just waiting to see a regular doctor in two weeks. When you read everywhere it says if you have any of these symptoms contact doctor immediately. It is funny when you call the doctor to get in and let them know of systems, Well I can't get you in for a couple of weeks!!
|

User Profile
replied January 7th, 2012
dizziness, neck pain, chills down back and into leg
I've had these symptoms on and off for 25 years. I'm a 58 year old woman. The vertigo at first was not true vertigo: a sense that I was tipping to the side or that the ground was undulating. It first started when I made a major cross Atlantic move and was under considerable stress. I was diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder and put on benzodiazapines. But I knew I was in for an episode when I would massage the back of my neck on the left side and chills would go down my spine and into my left leg. Sitting at the computer for hours seems to exacerbate the tension and I would have transient attacks of vertigo that would go away after a few seconds. But today I sat down after 4 weeks of writing constantly and I was struck with a dizziness that wouldn't go away. I had to lie down. I have constant pain in my shoulders and arms. I thought I was having a heart attack. (I have some dysrhythmia.. jumpy heart beats, also OCD something terrible!) I have had some weight gain and a drop in physical activity. When I am thinner, my symptoms diminish and so does the osteoarthritis I feel in my hands and knees. I don't know what this is, and my doctors pin it on some kind of pyschosomatic condition. I have two white spots on my brain tissue, but the neurologist ruled out MS. I'm feeling lousy as I write. Excessive chills, pain that is not relieved by even deep tissue massages. Massive schedule of events and deadlines ahead of me.
|

replied April 17th, 2009
bump on lower left side of my head...cause numbness and dizzines
I am a 28 year old woman who has had dizziness and imbalance(vertigo) symptoms for the past few years on and off. I noticed a bump on the left bottom side of my head about an inch up from my hair line and I went to get an MRI to see if it was a tumor and everything came out ok. The bump doesn't hurt when I leave it alone, however I've been having numb cheeks and sometimes my eyes twitter without me wanting it to. When I do press or massage this bump on my head it feels a little tight and sore, as do my neck. I know it's not a tumor, but what really bothers me is having the feeling of being imbalanced at times even when I am still and having numb cheeks and headaches...if anyone knows what's going on, please let me know. I have made an apt to see a doctor about the bump and symptoms next week.
Thanks!
|

replied May 25th, 2009
Vertigo, sinus pressure, & Tingling in head
I am a 33 year old woman with 3 children. When I was 30, I started having severe vertigo attacks. It lasted 5 months. I went to every type of Dr and had every type of test done. No diagnosis. Here I am, 3 years ago, thought it all went away, I was feeling better, and now it's back. Still have no diagnosis and I don't know what direction to go. I really don't want to go through all the Dr's and testing again just to hear them all say "We don't know what is wrong with you or what is causing your vertigo". Well, like everyone else, I can't afford anymore Drs and I can't have vertigo when I have 3 young children!! Anyone out there want to start a support group for young females suffering from vertigo?? HELP!!
|

replied June 9th, 2009
Possible Solution?
I am a 39 year old woman. Over the course of six weeks in the Spring of 2008 I started having symptoms of dizziness, frequent urination, speech problems, bowel issues, brain cloudiness, head tingling..etc... I had to quit driving and almost lost my job. I couldn't go in grocery stores because of sensory overload. I couldn't even watch TV. I was absolutely miserable. I had a strange lump on the back occipital area of my head. No accidents or injuries of interest. I saw at least 7 neurologists, ENT, epilepsy clinic, neurosurgeon, PCP, Rheumatologist, Kidney Specialist - I had MRI's, CAT, Brain Ultrasound, EEG - you name it. The Dr's told me it must be stress related and psychosomatic. I KNEW it had to be something related to my neck and head. I went to see an NUCCA chiropractor on April 22nd. It is truly miraculous. I can drive again and am even running in the mornings again. I have my life back. My C1/C2 vertebrae were out of aligment by 4 mm. These are located at your brainstem. My occipital lump was my muscles pulling on the misaligned vertebrae. It is worth looking into and by far the least expensive solution. Not one allopathic physician mentioned this to me. Good luck!
|

replied October 15th, 2011
I had the same thing... But the lump is whst I'm afraid of. Ithurts and I haveimbalance problems. Did the lump go away after you saw the chiropractor? I'm still getting treatments for my tilted vertebrea in my neck. What cani do for the lump? Please email me @:
|

replied June 16th, 2009
Wow ... I have been suffering many of the same things for the past 6 weeks. And I feel like I am loosing my mind.
It started suddenly - while driving. Vertigo with dizziness, very "heavy" feeling in my limbs. I get a numb sensation over my scalp and face - mostlty on my forehead and down my nose. My doctor sent me for all the usual blood work - also had my heart checked.
Everything came back fine - now he thinks it's an inner ear condition and he has sent me to a physiotherapist. Went yesterday for this first time, and what is most upsetting is I was actually starting to feel better - but now that I have been to the physiotherapist I feel WORSE! Much worse! I did have a terrible cold leading up to the start of my vertigo, and my doctor said my ears had fluid but were not infected. So I have no idea if this is truely related to my ears.
Also - I just recently have returned to work after being on maternity leave for a year which has been quite stressful. So I don't know if this is stress related.
It is started to really affect my every day life, as I am exhausted by the end of the day, find it hard to focus at work, and am terrified to drive so I won't take my son in the car anywhere.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
|

replied June 21st, 2009
Dysautonomia
Everyone should look into the possibility of DYSAUTONOMIA. Dysautonomia is an inbalance in the autonomic nervous system, or the flow of blood throughout the body. This can cause all of the symptoms that everyone is describing- dizziness, fainting, stomach problems, body temp. control issues, vision problems, headaches, tingling, numbness, etc. It often gets misdiagnosed as anxiety or depression, as few doctors are familiar with it.

I went 4 months without a diagnosis, although many go years. I was diagnosed with POTS, a form of dysautonomia in December 2008 at the Mayo Clinic. POTS frequently strikes adolescent girls (i am 17), but can also effect anyone, but girls are more succeptable. It can come after a virus, injury, surgery, and even pregnancy. POTS is characterized by an increase in heart rate of more than 30 beats upon standing, causing all of the symptoms. I didn't even notice the fast heart rate, although I do have it. Also characteristic is a fluctuating blood pressure (my systolic/ top number can go from 108 to 150). Dysautonomia can be mild to completely disabling, and every case is different. It is diagnosed through a tilt-table test, so ask your doctors for one.

Treatment is usually a dramatic increase in salt to the diet, as well as a lot of gatorade and water. Beta blockers, Florinef, and Midodrine can help some as well. Dysautonomia patients generally improve over time.

I would encourage all of you to do some research, find a list of symptoms, and talk to your doctors. If your doctors are unfamiliar and you think that you have it, you should find a specialist. There is a wonderful clinic in Toledo, Ohio, as well as the Mayo Clinic in MN. I hope this helps, and good luck!!!
|
Users who thank moriyaelli for this post: NumbSkull808 

replied June 24th, 2009
The doctor did do some heart test - I wore a hotler for 24 hours, and I have an echo cardiogram booked for this Friday. The Holter test showed my heart was in perfect condition. And my blood pressure is spot on! So that rules out that. I have been going for treatment for an inner ear problem. But it doesn't seem to be working. I am starting to think it is stress related. I have been really working on creating a calm stress free environment - and depending on the day my dizzy spells are sometimes substantially reduced. But then I have what I think is a stress free day and I have terrible dizzy spells. Who knows - it's really frustrating though!
|

replied June 27th, 2009
Hi Everyone.
I hope someone can help me. I am having the same symptoms as everyone else. I have had it before and the dr just says "Oh you have vertigo" and gives me antivert. The antivert makes me feel worse. This has been going on for the past 10 years or more. I have noticed one thing though. I will be laying in bed and in the middle of the night roll over. And thats when it hits like a titlewave. It feels like a flood of water in my brain and its sloshing. I dont know if I am describing it right, but thats what it feels like. This last episode, this past tuesday, was the worst ever. I felt like a tendon in my neck or spine poped then the flood of fluid. If you pinch the back of my neck at the base of the skull, you can simulate the feeling of vertigo. I have looked at what I can find and am just as lost as I have been before. I need it to stop....
|

replied July 31st, 2009
Check out Arnold Chiari Malformation. It could apply to some of you.
|

User Profile
replied September 17th, 2009
Limb Numbness & Vertigo
I'm a 48yr female, who teaches yoga. I've had 2 short episodes of vertigo a year ago, both started when I was doing crunches and looked to the right. This time I rolled to the right in bed and the room started spinning. In the morning, I tried to get up for work but couldn't walk, and the vomiting had started. The extreme dizziness lasted till late afternoon. The next weeks contained occasional numbness or heavy feeling in arms, some complete numbness in fingers, ear pressure, and pressure headaches, heart palpitations that would come on quickly, stay around for awhile then be gone. And tilting to the right or laying flat on back would start a spin. After 3 weeks the vertigo has subsided a bit, though still with that fish bowl feeling, but issues of increasing numbness has started now in both arms and legs. I too thought it was a pinched nerve or bulging disc at the onset of my vertigo, but not likely with both sides being affected.

I too am waiting for appts. with a physiotherapist and neaurologist but waiting lists are long for non-life threatening issues.

Good Luck to everyone...this might be the only way to get real answers.
|

replied February 26th, 2012
kharb,
did you ever get a proper diagnosis? what was your outcome? what treatments worked for you to subside the Vertigo?
I have the numbness in Skull, which is recent. I believe this is followed by the numbness and weakness on my left arm, shoulder, hand, due to an injury which affected C3, C4, C5 & C6, Yet, my numbness on the skull and face are affecting my RIGHT side. Odd, yes? But, I believe that is how the spinal column and brain work. There's a "cross over" where the Right side of the brain operates the Left side of the body, etc. Also, "suppressed stress" will bring on vertigo and tingling sensations.
Hope this helps you some. Write if you get a chance! Aloha.
|

replied October 2nd, 2009
New virus?
I have had similar symptoms (and extreme visual difficulties) for almost a year. It is reassuring to know that I am not alone in experiencing the symptoms and searching for answers. But frustrating (and isolating) that the helping professionals try but cannot really help. Physio also made it worse for me. Keep going to chiro and massage with no real improvement. My MRI is in 3 weeks. Will it show if c1, 2, 3 or c4 vertebrae are out of alignment? Sensory Experience counselling and "Healing Through Meditation" classes have helped me increase my coping ability. I often wonder if this is a new virus they are not telling us about; we as patients seem to know more than the medical profession. I will be printing this forum of posts for my reference, to remind myself that I am not alone. Thank you for posting.
|

replied October 4th, 2009
Vertigo, numbness/tingling scalp and limbs, eye difficulties
Symptoms I've experienced in last 10 months (this is long):
-nausea, dizziness, fatigue
-period of insomnia (approx. 5 mths) =rare for me
-sensation of lights dancing with eyes closed, at night, while trying to sleep (painful) -eyes did not stop jumping (Dec.'0Cool
-extreme light sensitivity Jan'09-May'09 (clock on microwave and stove and sunlight painful) =very slowly improved
-*moderate light sensitivity Aug'09-present
-could not rest in lying position during day (avoided lazy boy recliner or lying on sofa; had to sit to rest) =felt like passing out or vomiting
-*sleep elevated (propped up with 5 pillows) =pressure build-up in head, nausea, motion sickness when lying flat
-*sleep sitting on back side =pressure build-up and off-balance feeling between left or right when I lie on either side; position specific discomfort
-severe nausea and diarrhea (nausea 8 months; diarrhea 2 months) =weight loss 20 lbs
-*stiff neck, painful since Jan'09(feels like a huge metal shaft has been lodged in the back of my head and neck, entering downward just behind my right ear and into my shoulder/trapezius muscle)
-*burning up middle of back to top of head (surface of skin) and severe muscle burn/ache (deeper), both with neck extended forward and arms forward activity (eg. paper work, sorting nuts/bolts, moving yard tools) and severe fatigue following
-balance disorder, diagnosis: (atypical) benign positional vertigo (8 mths severe) =difficulty walking*, nausea, fatigue, feeling of wobbliness*, floating*, being drunk, lightheadness*, giddiness*; severe fatigue, severe fear, severe anxiety, depression at first; dx of BBPV in June
-drilling sensation through the right eye to the back of the head base of skull right side
-*sinus-like sensations migrating through head
-*pain behind eyes, in sockets
-*pulling sensation around eyes, eye brows, temples, forehead
-pain, heaviness on surface of skin around eyes, seeing lines, off-balance,and pulling sensation would wake me at night
-*sensations of lights going off (small fireworks) quickly moving throughout positions inside head close to scalp
-*numbness and tingling all the way up and down the body (on exterior of skin?, quick migrations, sensation of movement, some nausea dizziness lightheadedness)
-*pressure at base of skull =constant and varying in degrees on right side
-*pressure build-up in head, down neck, into arm and leg as numbness and weakness (right side) (This increases in bright conditions or driving/riding on highway.) I was limping (right side) for approximately 24 hours two weeks ago after 2 hour ride in car. I could not control right side (arm and leg) =weak, numb, tingling
-*muscle weakness, inability to rise from kneeling, stepping up into camper (weight bearing movement in legs)
-*pressure build-up in eyes (eye pain, eye fatigue, soreness, itchiness, off balance feeling in the eyes, cross-eyed, eyes gone buggy, could not focus eyes on page originally)
-*visual difficulties (especially with close up work and left to right eye movement eg. reading, watching tv, searching on computer, focusing on faces); difficulty with black print on white page, patterns; eyes go buggy, off-balance not working together; eyes jump, uncontrollable eye movements, cannot focus on near; vision wavy/moving, weak, faded neurologically
-*with pressure build-up in head (up-close visual activities, traveling or sleep flat or on-side), I get an off balance feeling in head; right and left side feel different from one another, separate, not working together =overall fatigue
-*motion sensitivity (eg. eye nausea, neck and body turning nausea)
-*motion sensitivity in car, using computer, watching tv, standing in traffic
-*cannot drive on highway for long; build up and pressure in head, neck, down to arms, nausea, feeling of unwellness
-*pressure or tightness all over scalp (varies in degrees, but always there)
-*pulling sensation or tightness over ears
-*numbness, itchiness, burning sensations all over scalp
-*sore spot on top of head (to left of center)
-*burning spots top and back of head stay stationary or migrate
-*severe tenderness base of skull right side on exterior and deeper into muscle
-*numbness tingling travelling into right side of face (forehead, nose, upper teeth, upper lip) =this stimulated when massage therapist working at base of skull right side
-*itchiness in ears, all over head (aggravated by heat or increase in heart rate? unsure)
-*euphoric when symptoms less; irritability (previously confusion), extreme fatigue when symptoms heavy
-*difficulty concentrating, distractibility, mild confusion at times

*Symptoms experienced in last week.

All symptoms improving slowly (healing?) over time. All symptoms fluctuate and are unpredictable. Some hours I'm almost symptom free; some hours are very heavy and numerous. Some symptoms are relative to condition or activity; others are not.

I've seen:
-optometrist, opthamologist, massage therapist, chiropractor, neurologist (and accupuncturist, dietician, naturopath, reiki practitioner, counsellors)

I've had:
-a C.T. scan, and will have an MRI (Oct20/09) and EEG (Feb10/10)

In the last 9 mths I've been diagnosed with: multiple chemical sensitivity, vestibular dysfunction (balance disorder, BBPV), and migrane/tension headaches. My current head sensations are very different from the migrane and tension headaches I've experienced in the past.

I've researched:
-Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome (opthamology)
-Convergence Insufficiency (opthamology)
-Arnold Chiari Malformation

I'm:
-42 year old female
-previously diagnosed with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. I had 15 years of widespread pain which stopped May 2008. More CFS now?
-diagnosed with scoliosis, osteoarthritis two vertebrae base of spine, mitral valve prolapse (ASD and PFO)

Thanks for reading.

P.S. I know it's not a virus, but this year's symptoms came on so quickly and feel as strange as a virus. I wish it was a virus with an antidote.
|

replied April 28th, 2012
Wow I could have wrote this.Same thing going on here with no answers.Hope you have found some help or relief it's no fun jvans
|

replied October 7th, 2009
vertigo, tingles, heavy limbs
I wish some one had answers. I'm a 25 year old female and I am having almost constant vertigo, sinus pressure,pain in and behind my eyes, heavy limbs, extreme fatigue, headaches and the fish bowl feeling for about four weeks now. I dont know what it is but it seems to always be connected with women. I want answers. I have three small kids and this makes it hard to care for them when I can hardly walk.
|

replied October 20th, 2009
Has anyone been checked for sinusitis?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinusitis
|