Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Is It Supposed to Look Like This?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I was examining myself one day and noticed a white pasty,somewhat crumbly discharge. It wasn't really dry, just really thick. I checked it out and whatever it was was all around the inside of my vagina as well. I didnt notice any foul odor or pain down there. Im not sure what is natural and what I should worry about, so any input would really help.Thanx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 22nd, 2005
I'm 24 years old and i've had that for many years. I don't thing it's anything. I go for regular check-ups and my Dr. Hasn't said anything. I just went last week actually. I think it's perfectly natural. If an odor starts up, that's usually the biggest indicator that something is wrong! I wouldn't worry anymore if I were you. :wink:
|

replied June 29th, 2005
Experienced User
Same here?
|

replied June 29th, 2005
Experienced User
Could Be
It could just be from toilet paper, sometimes it can leave a little residue.
|

replied June 29th, 2005
Experienced User
??
How often does it happen?? I have the same discharge a day or two aftter I ovulate...
|

replied June 29th, 2005
Experienced User
??
How often does it happen?? I have the same discharge a day or two aftter I ovulate...
|

replied July 1st, 2005
Experienced User
That always happens to me too. It's nasty but hey were girls what do u expect we get the worst of all, guys only get boners thats about it, lol I mean come on we go through modd swings from periods were the ones who get pregnant, and bleed, discharge and all that bad stuff and guys think they have it so bad when they find out that one of there balls is bigger then the other one!!!! Lol
|

replied July 1st, 2005
Experienced User
You will never imagine how scary it is to find out that you have one ball bigger than the other until you are a guy ;)

you will not also imagine when you have got the responsibilty to keep you penis erect until your girl cum, sometimes the penis just act against your well

so we have also a lot of problem, but hopefully everyone here can just carry on with his/her problems and partner problems also

good luck for all
|

replied July 1st, 2005
Perfectly Normal
Just before ovulation, a woman's cervix secretes an abundance of clear "fertile mucous" which is characteristically stretchy. Fertile mucous helps facilitate the sperm's movement toward the egg. Dont worry about it it happenes to all of us :d .
|

replied February 25th, 2012
help
i just went pee and when i wiped it was real slippery and whe i looked at it, it was really thick and as white as milk. is this at all natural??
|

replied August 6th, 2013
vaginal health and discharge
Im 19 and have one partner. We are both clean as far as any stds and other junk. I always am unsure of what normal vaginal discharge is supposed to look like...I have been on birth control for over a year now and never take the white pill thus never have my period (otherwise I get too sick)My discharge is always the same, on the thicker side either a soft yellow or milky white color and no odor. It dries soft yellow and gets crumbly. Im to weird about going to a gyno so i just am woundering...this sound normal?
|

replied August 7th, 2013
Community Volunteer
It sounds like it is normal for you. Some women get this. If it itches, smells bad or burns, is bright yellow, blue, green, contains blood (fresh red or old brown), you should definitely see your doctor.

When you are on the pill, your hormone levels does not fluctuate to cause different discharges like a woman not on birth control. Every day is the same as every other day. You should also see that in your sexual appetite. It should be constant. A woman not on birth control may experience peaks around ovulation and/or menstruation. The reason is the same, no fluctuation in hormone levels when you use pills in this way.

Take care!
|