Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

"fireworks?"

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
Like an earlier poster, I see what look like tiny 'fireworks' of light in my vision against a bright background such as the sky. They are not readily apparent and they are not noticable under dim conditions. Someone said this is a symptom of 'detached retina' but isn't that more like a pronounced 'shower' of sparks in bright >and< dim conditions?

What I see is barely noticable until someone points it out. They look like squiggly fireworks that spin and shoot across the line of vision for just a second or so. I told my wife to stare at the sky and concentrate to see if she could see this. She said she could see squiggly lines shooting around. I've had my eyes checked and the doctor said my eyes and retina are healthy. Then what is this we're seeing? Is there a name for this phenonmenon? What causes it? Does anyone know what in the world i'm talking about?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 26th, 2005
Sparkles In Bright Surfaces
Hi. Im maybe experiencing the same phenomenon. I see this sparkles only in bright surfaces like the sky or something very clear, but never with eyes closed or at dim light.
Your sparkles happen in both eyes or just one?
Do they have a special location in your eye?
Do they disapear after some time of being exposed at light?
|

replied July 27th, 2005
Read my post im only 16 and......Lots of people commented and my doctor said it is im focusing too hard on whats there....He said I was just seeing my blood cellls passing through my eyes
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2006
Experienced User
I see the same thing. When I look into the sky, its all sparkly. Never had that before, until a couple of months ago. Whats it from
|

replied October 11th, 2010
Particles Flying Around the sky
I also see particles moving around in the sky which they tell me are blood cells. They are someone like fireworks exploding off of each other and moving in waves! Also if i stare at objects too long the edges of objects become blurry with light that seems to glow!
|