Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

Rib Pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
4 months of rt sided rib pain. This is probably 2nd episodr of r/r... But 4 months pf pain????? Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 29th, 2003
Rib Pain
Yes, I had over a month of left sidd rib pain just prior to a major ms relapse. I don't mean to scare you but have it hecked out. Mine is still unexplained. They all just acted as if I pulled something. For something to be that painful I would remember if I had done something to myself.
Good luck.
|

replied February 28th, 2004
Rib Pain
Sounds lik the "ms hug" have experienced it around my ribs as well as my waist. Pcp thinks I pulled a mucslce. Follow up visit this week with neuro to see what he thinks. Will let you know.
|

replied February 28th, 2004
Experienced User
Rib Pain
What you are feeling is what the call the ms hug. It will pass. I still have some discomfort at times. Do you take anything for the pain?
|

replied March 1st, 2004
Rib Pain
Thank you for your response. Yes I am currently taking 40mg baclofen daily for muscle spasms in my legs and arms. Over the past two weeks i've noticed that this so called "hug" is around my neck. I would refer to it as more of a strangulation than a hug. Would prednisone relieve these symptoms? Also does this "hug" cause loss of sensation in swallowing/difficulty in swallowing?
|

replied November 3rd, 2005
Rib Pain
I've been having rib pain for several months now along with depression, fatigue, shooting electric shocks down my neck, back pain, general feeling of weakness. Lots of joint pain. Feel woozy and poor balance. Sometimes I get the shakes in my arms and legs. My doc thought maybe arthritis, then maybe lung problems (cat scan showed nothing), bad disk ? (back mri showed nothing)

he then said that I was depressed and maybe I need to see a psyc. I go there tomorrow.
He wants me to have a cardiac stress test, but my hmo keeps blowing me off. I cant get an appointment.

Doc mentioned almost in passing that the next step will probably be a brain mri. I thought, whats this about?. Then he said, you might have ms.

My wife thinks i'm nuts. Everyone has pains.
|

replied February 1st, 2006
Rib Pain
Yes I too had rib pain the doctors thought it was my gallbladder but it turned out to be 5 broken ribs on the right side you see I have ms & I has to have 12000 mg's of liquid steroids in a year which caused me to have osteoperosis thats why somehow I broke the ribs & did'nt know it
|

replied March 17th, 2009
RITE SIDE RIB PAIN
have pain off and on my rite side rib cage, my stomache thinks it is getting squished, got pain in lower rib and got a big bump. my docter ordered a chest ex ray ?? what the hell is it, he said possible floating rib.. any ideas ??
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
HS Bharath
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov