Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Scared to Be Alone

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Does anyone feel that they are better off when they are aroudn people they know and are close to? I feel my anxiety skyrockets when I am by myself and doing nothing. It really scares me. Thats when I start worrying so much. Anyone feel like this?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Hypochondriac1028
|

replied June 18th, 2005
Experienced User
Most peopel with anxiety are like that., dude have somebody cratch your back when your gettin an anxiety attack itll go away
|

replied July 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
Sometimes it helps to get a dog as it can provide sufficent company often
|

replied July 3rd, 2005
Dog
I agree with lynn74, a dog does help some. I have had my dog for about a year and a half and since I live alone, he is great company.
|

replied July 9th, 2005
Experienced User
I get this, although mine is because there is nobody there in case I collapse or something.
|

replied July 10th, 2005
Alone
Yeah, I have the constant fear of getting sick with no one around. I have this fear of slipping into a coma or something and no one finding me. My brother is staying with with now, which helps some.
|

replied July 10th, 2005
Experienced User
Same thing here I made a post and I guess I have anxiety I never knew what it was and when other people are awake or near me I dont really have it but if im bymyself its like way worse
|

replied June 6th, 2009
Scared to be alone
Yep I am so scared of bieng on my own, I feel like I depend on my family or boyfrend all the time and friends are not enough, I do no really care if I see them or not. Its like the most important things I seem to want or need in my like if my mum and my partner, without them, or if i have an argument with either of them I go into deep depression and Feel like im going crazy. I can not cope with it. I am trying to be a stronger person and more indipendant, but its easyier said than done.
|

replied November 27th, 2009
i feel the same way. my mother is like my security and my panic attacks have been pretty bad the past 3 days. i don't want to leave her side and each time she says she is going to go somewhere i beg her to stay. i feel terrible because its like im keeping her from living her own life but im being selfish. im afraid that im going to die or im going to have a panic attack so great that i wont be able to control it and im going to freak out and call 911 or something. i hate feeling like this. i just started cymbalta today and ive been taking xanex to take the edge off. any advice please give it to me
|

replied April 20th, 2010
My girlfriend for about 2 years, is being deplyed for a year. It scares the hell out of me that I''m going to be alone. I live in Washington and my family lives in the San Francisco bya area, so I have really no one around. Don''t get me wrong, I do have friends here, but I don''t have that closeness of always having someone around. I''m scared that I might do something stupid, like fall down hard and hurt myself, or drink myself into a stupper because of being bored. Who will I talk to, who will I interact with, who will give me a hug because I had a bad day, who will just be there for warmth?
I can''t get a dog because I have 2 cats that I think want to kill me lol.
What is a guy to do?
|

replied November 8th, 2010
help
i have a hyperthyroidism n im scared to be alone for sum reason especilly with my 3 month old baby i feel like im goin to have a heart attack or jus somethn bads gunna happen n my sons jus sittn there crying and that my boyfren will come home to find me laying there ne suggestions
|