Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

First Timer, a Little Worried

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Im 17, my girlfriend is almost 16. Last night in her hot tub we got a little intimate, one thing led to another and before you know it I had it inside of her unprotected. The thing is she felt no pain at all, and I didnt go all the way inside of her. There was no blood either. Since we were in a hot tub I couldnt feel wether or not I blew a load. I dont think I did, but I cannot say for sure.

Is it possible to get her pregnant without even going all the way in and not even popping her cherry? She said her period is sometime next week. Does that mean that she is already ovulating and I shouldnt be worried? If I should be worried about it I can always go get her morning after pills.

It was both of our first times to do anything like that so I am worried and she isnt too worried. Can someone please answer my questions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 19th, 2005
Ok well yes it is possible to get her pregnant the only thing u can do is really just wait till she gets her period or have her take a hpt test and well it might b a lil late for morning after pills key words morning after so they might not work but even if she dose become pregnat its not the end of the world trust me im 15 and im pregnant and w/e yall decide to do weather its abortion (wich I think is wrong) or if she keeps it u need to stay by her side through everything bc its harder when the guy decides to ditch the girl trust me I know the guy that got me pregnant he had used to b my bf but he ditched me so w/e u do just remember its just anther obsticle in life
|

User Profile
replied June 19th, 2005
Community Volunteer
The morning after pill is good for up to 72 hours. And even if you were in the water you should know whether you ""blew a load"' and ovulating means you should be worried it means she's fertile, but if her period is supposed ot come this week then her ovulation time is over. It's possible that she can get pregnant but I highly doubt it.
|

replied June 19th, 2005
Experienced User
Vanna thats horrible, your reading a bit too much into it, I think ur over exxagerating a bit.

First of all its not likely you got her pregnant so I wouldnt worry too much about it ok? If she is though ( which I doubt it) you both need to talk about it and figure out a decision.\
i think at your age and considering you have only just started having sex I think abortion would be the easiest thing for you 2 if she was pregnant
|

replied June 19th, 2005
Well the reason I didnt know if I did explode was because I wasnt all the way in and the hot tub jets were just going all over down there so its hard to tell if I did. I dont think I did, but I might have and thats what im worried about. The main reason I am worried is because she told me tonight that she feels like she needs to throw up, but she did eat some gross looking pizza which could have caused it. I think I am overstressing about it. Im going to go see a doctor about it tomorrow and see what he says. I can only hope her period comes early this week so that I know she is done ovulating.
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2005
Community Volunteer
Firstly when did this happen cause if it was recent then she would not be having any symptoms.

Secondly you have to learn what ovulation means:

there are several ways to predict ovulation. Women with regular menstrual cycles can often make a good estimate just by counting days on a calendar. If you know when your period is going to come, you need only count backward 14 days. This will most likely be your day of ovulation.

So she is not ovulating the whole time she is not on her period. Girls/women only ovulate for a couple of days. Ovulation=fertile time.

I think you are just stressing over it.
|

replied June 20th, 2005
It happened friday the 18th. Thanks for the replies I really hope its just me stressing too much over this because I am very worried and she is just a little worried
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2005
Community Volunteer
There is no way she would be having any symptoms this early. And I think you're just stressing. I'm pretty sure sh'es not pregnant.
|

replied June 20th, 2005
I just talked to a physician. She said there is a chance she could be pregnant and that even though she is done ovulating already that she could still get pregnant. I then mentioned that there was no blood and no bleeding and she said oh well then there is just the slightest chance of her actually being pregnant. She said even if I did let it out inside of her that the chance still isnt that great.

I just talked to my girlfriend and even though the idea of sex is good and it feels good after you get through the first few times, we both decided it probably wouldnt be the best to continue doing.

She said her period is supposed to come at the end of the week so I suppose its time to cross my fingers
|

replied June 20th, 2005
Experienced User
"popping her cherry" has nothing to do with bleeding.
|