Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Can a Yeast Infection Be a Indicator of Pregnancy?

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
Is is possible to have a yeast infection be the first symptom of pregnancy? I ask because I have never had one while not on the pill. I had them quite often while on the pill, but have been off the pill a couple times (about 10 months this time) and never had one otherwise.
We had sex one week before I felt the infection coming on. This would mean that this was an immediate reaction to a pregnancy. Is this even possible?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper srhbd09
|

replied June 29th, 2005
Yeast Infection
Well, i'm going to answer my own question! Yes! My yeast infection was the very first symptom of pregnancy. I have taken two first responses the past two days and have a very light but definite second pink line. So if you don't typically get yeast infections when you're off the pill, it may be a sign for you too!! :d
|

replied October 23rd, 2009
I have never ever ever gotten a yeast infection in my life and i k now this time it is one caz my sister always used to get it....i feel a lot of itching and the cottage cheese like discharge, but no smell, my period was due the 20th.. i started feeling the symptoms of a yeast infection just a week before my period is due.. could that be an early sign of pregnancy?? it is the 23rd and i feel very fatigued today! Severely bloated with a lot of gas...can someone help!
|

replied July 1st, 2010
yeast infection an early sign of pregnancy?
I believe I might also be pregnant. I have been charting my ovulation to get pregnant and just two days after ovulation I have a yeast infection. I have had them before on the pill and later in my 1st pregnacy. I hope that it is an early sign of pregnacy, but I will have to wait and see.
|

replied July 7th, 2010
I have been trying for 4 years, and on about day 26 in my cycle, and yesterday I felt a bit sore, so I had look, and I have got thrush, I have never had it before, so fingers crossed this is an early sign!!
Qwerty
|

replied May 16th, 2011
Infection? Pregnant w/a vesectomy?
My husband had a vesectomy about 9 years ago in his first marriage. We want another baby, but don't want to pay alot of money for a reversal for only a maybe. Anyways, for the past 2 to 3 days, I've been having alot of itching and burning. I think it might be an infection, could this be a sign of pregnancy? I know in my first pregnancy i thought i had one and went to the doctor and found out I was pregnant. Has any one got pregnant when their husband was fixed? Please help
|

replied November 25th, 2011
Yes it happened twice seen it once on Maury Show the husband was go divorce his wife, he had doc papers to prove he had been fixed. The test came back he was the father. So yes it is possible.
|

replied February 2nd, 2012
Yeast infection...Pregnant?
I went off the pill a month ago becuase i forgot to order another pack because i live away from my dr and pharmacy and i have 3 times of unprotected sex and 7 pull and prays. I am due for my period this week and nothing. I just started curing a yeast infection...Could I be pregnant? Please help me!
|

replied February 25th, 2012
Yeast infection
I currently have an yeast infection and my last lex was 2 weeks back. I did my pregnancy test 2 days back and it was some sort the blur sign of negative. Is it possible that I'm pregnant or what ???
|

replied March 4th, 2012
my most fertile days were the 24 - 1st of march -supposedly and i had sex the 21st 22nd the 24th of Feb and first of march now i Have a yeast infection...Ive never had one in my life. no smell lots of discharge. We are married but he always pulls out because we are not currently ttc ALTHOU
GH it would not be the end of the world could i have conceived during that time or am i just looking a little to far into this..
|

replied March 4th, 2012
My LMP was Feb. 11th . I had sex on Feb. 17. Maybe a week or so after that I got a yeast infection! Really gross discharge but NO SMELL. It left on it's own about three days after. I've also had extremly sore breasts. Like tender to the touch. My boyfriend pulled out..but is there a possibility Im preggo? I am 17, still in high school(grad in may) & NOT ttc ! Im really scared. My period is due Friday. *fingers crossed*
|

replied April 2nd, 2012
I currently have a yeast infection and I never ever have had one
Before, me and my fiance had unprotected sex about 3 weeks to
A month ago, my boobs have been feeling bigger, and my period
Was late but I am on it right now, is there a chance I could be
Pregnant considering I have never had a yeast infection before?
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied May 24th, 2012
Yeast Infections as an Early Pregnancy Symptom?
Hi. I started researching yeast infections and found this site. I couldn't find any sites that mentioned yeast infections happening this early in pregnancy. After the little I have found, it seems that yeast infections are not necessarily the most common early symptom of pregnancy, but it is possible. after all, a woman's hormones are like a roller coaster ride, especially if she is pregnant.

my husband and I have had sex maybe four or five times before and during my ovulation period. we aren't ttc, but we aren't trying NOT to either.

The day after I ovulated I think I passed out sideways on my bed and slept for 3 hours in the middle of the day. I am rarely that exhausted. I was fine yesterday (3dpo), except for some moodiness and aversion to coffee (i'm a coffee addict!!).

Today (4dpo) I reaaaally didn't want coffee, but I drank a little anyway. I felt so hot all day long and really tired. I just wanted to lay in front of a fan with my clothes off, take a nap. I got 8 GOOD hours of sleep last night, and I have been really energetic and productive this week. So, my tiredness was kind of random. I also have slightly sore boobs. They have grown a little and they hurt all on the sides. My boobs usually hurt a week before my period, but not this early. I had some pain in my lower right abdomen for a couple of hours today. It was slight, but noticeable. I also have a load of white discharge every time I go to the bathroom. I have had a yeast infection (I'm guessing) for maybe two days now (3dpo and 4dpo) and I have never had one before, never.

Now, hear me out, I know that it is way too early to KNOW for sure, but I just want some advice from some moms and what they experienced.
Can you tell me what you guys think? I have bad baby fever and I'm trying to get it out of my head, whether or not it is possible or not.
|

replied June 10th, 2012
I had a yeast infection with my first son. Now ttc #2 and I have it again. I'm also 10+ days late for my period which never EVER happens. All urine is negative for hcg but I still have faith. My nerves are going crazy!
|

replied May 16th, 2013
@ nf103984
Did you turn out to be pregnant? I'm having the same issues and have taken several tests that had neg results yet still no period.. Please help
|

replied July 9th, 2013
Negative test .. When Actually Pregnant!?
I have had that happen both times I was pregnant, that I took a test being late for my period and it was negative.. Your levels just must be lower b/c I never showed on a pregnancy test that I was pregnant till I was about 6 weeks along
|

replied July 27th, 2013
Hi, I'm 16 years old and I had unprotected sex the day after my period stopped and I think I have a yeast infection but I've read where it could be a sign of pregnancy. I've also had friends comment on how my breast seem to be bigger all of a sudden. I also randomly threw up the other morning. I'm scared
|

replied July 29th, 2013
Have a really bad what I think is a yeast infection. Strange thing is, the AZO yeast I took isn't working. And also my period was supposed to start like yesterday or the day before, and still nothing as of today. Probably wait until the end of the week before making any rash judgments, but it's not impossible I could be pregnant?
|

replied September 12th, 2013
pregnancy
I hadn't gotten my periiod so I took two at home tests both came back ppositive so I went to my doctor and got tested I toook a urine and blood test andim pregnnt now I'm ggetting a yeast infectiin morning sickness aand my breastt are sore and ttennder ii would go to your doctor and get checked hope this helps
|

replied March 28th, 2014
Plz Plz Plz help....I never ever had a yeast infection b4 n now I got one...I been readyin this n it say it culd b a sign of pregnancy. I wear cotton panties I take shower n bath two times a day...I dnt wear panties at night n I'm not on any antibiotics....CULD I BE PREGNANT!!!!!
|